Collections

Bill007

Mouseketeer
Ah yes, I forgot about the books and magazines. Every once in a while Time Magazine will put out an issue devoted to Disney. I believe they did 2 or 3 in the past year plus one dedicated entirely to Mary Poppins over the holidays.

My big thing is movies. There's about 100 DVD's, 460 Blu-ray's and just over 100 4k's on the shelf. Aside from movies, the Disney Wisdom Collection, super special soundtracks (the Disney Legacy Collection) and very special pins, I can't think of anything.

I don't have a particularly coherent collection of Disneyana - I just get what I like. Trader SAm's tiki mugs though are becoming a thing. I am a sucker for anything with the Nautilus in it, hence my recently acquired (and only) snow globe. Otherwise, I have pictures, movies, toy cars, one Jim Shore figurine (Maleficent) but I need more of those!

Not sure if a thread like this has been posted before but I was wondering what types of things other Disney fans collect. Personally I collect movie soundtracks, videos, of course, plush (yeah, a fifty-something guy who collects stuffed animals. Real cool, huh? I've even had to install a number of shelves to display them all.) I also have almost all of the classic Disney Star Wars figures. You know, Mickey as Luke Skywalker, Donald Duck as Han Solo, Goofy as Darth Vader, etc. And recently I've started collecting the Ravensberger puzzles which are pretty cool and fun. I also have a few assorted plastic figures and Funko Pops.

How about you?
Probably should have been posted to the "Collectors" section of the forums, no?

I have a substantial selection of Disney DVD and blu-rays, and large-ish collection of Disney music. I used to collect Disney watches but I stopped wearing a watch about 10 years ago. I have some interesting Disney paper items from over the years. I've been tempted by pins over the years, but only have 1/2 dozen or so. That's a rabbit hole I can't afford to go down.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter