• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coleman vs Eureka

hotmamac

Mouseketeer
Our tent died on our last camping trip and with the warm weather approaching, I've got it narrowed down to 2 tents...the Coleman Signature instant tent 14'x10' 8 person and the Eureka Copper Canyon 1512 12 person.
So I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with either of these two?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
Misty

Our tent died on our last camping trip and with the warm weather approaching, I've got it narrowed down to 2 tents...the Coleman Signature instant tent 14'x10' 8 person and the Eureka Copper Canyon 1512 12 person.
So I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with either of these two?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
Misty

Haven't owned either, but here is my impression of each one while searching for a new tent myself.

I like the Coleman Instant Tent, but I don't like that there is no ventilation/rain fly. Coleman keeps saying it doesn't need a rain fly, because the seams are sealed, but I personally want the rainfly so there is ventilation when it is raining. Also, because of the lack of rainfly, when it rains, I think it would drip right down the sides, meaning all windows need to be shut and if you are inside humidity builds up and it will be very uncomfortable on a warmer day/night. I passed on this tent while shopping because of this reason. Otherwise, the size and ease of set up is great.

The Eureka Copper Canyon is a great tent and a great brand, and the only flaw I found in it is the floor is thin and not made from polyethylene. It is the same as the walls, and is thin. I would definitely use a ground cloth and something inside to help protect the floor from any sharp objects.

If I had to choose, I would choose the Eureka if price wasn't an option.
I was looking and decided to go with a Mt Greylock made by Gigatent, http://www.gigatent.com. It has everything I was looking for and not as pricey as Eureka.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Norm

We have the Eureka Copper Canyon tent. We take it with us when our daughter brings friends camping with us-the girls sleep in the tent, while we use the RV. I think our's is 10x10. It can sleep four people comfortably.

This tent has held up very well. I did waterproof it when we got it.

I've owned both and IMHO, I think Eureka's quality is much better than Coleman's.

Haven't owned either, but here is my impression of each one while searching for a new tent myself.

I like the Coleman Instant Tent, but I don't like that there is no ventilation/rain fly. Coleman keeps saying it doesn't need a rain fly, because the seams are sealed, but I personally want the rainfly so there is ventilation when it is raining. Also, because of the lack of rainfly, when it rains, I think it would drip right down the sides, meaning all windows need to be shut and if you are inside humidity builds up and it will be very uncomfortable on a warmer day/night. I passed on this tent while shopping because of this reason. Otherwise, the size and ease of set up is great.

The Eureka Copper Canyon is a great tent and a great brand, and the only flaw I found in it is the floor is thin and not made from polyethylene. It is the same as the walls, and is thin. I would definitely use a ground cloth and something inside to help protect the floor from any sharp objects.

If I had to choose, I would choose the Eureka if price wasn't an option.
I was looking and decided to go with a Mt Greylock made by Gigatent, http://www.gigatent.com. It has everything I was looking for and not as pricey as Eureka.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Norm

100% agree

All those seams exposed to the rain. :scared1:

These are the people that make the tents that companies like Coleman and Eureka put their names on.

Coleman maybe but Eureka tents are made by Johnson Outdoors Part of the Johnson Family of products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter