• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cold Weather in Disneyland

E33

Earning My Ears
Hello. I will be heading to Disneyland next week and it looks like the temperature will be low (low 60's to low 40's). I have a condition that causes intense pain when I'm in cold weather. I know some rides have blowing air. I usually use a hoodie on rides to block wind from face. I'm nervous about outdoor cues. Standing outside in the cold can be detrimental. Walking from ride to ride will already trigger pain, and I'm trying to find ways to limit my exposure to the cold. Has anyone heard of DAS being issued for cold weather as opposed to warm? I can't find this online anywhere. I would be fine once I entered a building (or with indoor cues), but the outdoor cues make me really nervous.

I also recently had brain surgery for the condition (about 4 months ago). I can't have my head jolted or bounced around too much. Small world and jungle cruise will be down unfortunately (two of my favorites and was looking forward to it). Even the dark rides may be too much for me, and anything with a drop like pirates will be out of the question. Does anyone have ideas for rides that might be okay? We'll be visiting both parks. Thanks!

You will need to stop by GR and talk to them about your needs

But you may be better in lines then walking around as being around people may block the wind

I would also bring so worm cloths scarf hat to keep warm while walking

I KNow at Disney world they sometimes will not give out a DAS card for heat problems so I am Not sure about cold

You can certainly ask about DAS at Guest Services. But have a back-up plan as well; some people have been denied DAS to avoid sun and heat.

I'm guessing you might live in a warmer area (I don't think of those temps as particularly "cold"). I recommend dressing in layers. Do you have tights or leggings you could wear under pants? My daughter has fleece-lined leggings she loves for warmth. Also turtleneck, sweatshirt and jacket. You can shed or add layers as will feel comfortable to you.

If the weather forecast sounds too cold for you, you might consider postponing until spring temps.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi! Disneyland is my home resort. We have been getting very unusually cold and wet storms here. I'm a Southern California girl and these temps are cold for us.

Temperatures are between 52-69 for this next upcoming week. It has been very wet at the so-cal mouse house, which makes it worse for the chill.

Also we don't have a lot of line cues inside. In DL There is a show next to space mountain, which never has a line. The technology building thing that's all inside. In California Adventure there is the art of animation room, but you may get dizzy as the screens are always changing. We also have a broadway type show but the line for the show is outside. You could check out the hotel, and enjoy the Disney vibe.

I would try to re-schedule my visit if at all possible for when the weather is warmer, and your favorite rides are open.

I'm sorry this isn't the best news but I hope you find joy in your visit with the mouse.

Last edited:
It actually looks like the week is looking up. You might be ok. I doubt they will give a das for what you describe but I don't think that would help much anyway. I'd make inside lunch reservations everyday if I were you. That should help. Dont miss the lower level in the animation academy building. The tiki room. Mickeys fun wheel fixed car. Monsters inc. Ariel. Lunar new year food booths at dca. I think peter pan would be ok as would soarin.

Have you ever tried those chemical pocket warmers? We use the Hot Hands brand. Also, there are coats that have a reflective inner lining to keep your body heat in. Columbia sells a bunch of different styles. They are lightweight and pretty comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter