• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cold Pizza

Do you like cold pizza?

• Yes - what a great breakfast.

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • Meh - if I'm too lazy to reheat.

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • No - that is disgusting.

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Other. Seriously, this is a yes or no question.

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
I don’t like cold tomato sauce. I can eat white pizza cold, but if there is tomato sauce I pop it in the toaster oven on the bagel setting. That setting focuses on browning the top of the bagel, so it works well for reheating the toppings on a slice of pizza.

You can gauge a good pizza by how good it is cold the next day. A good pizza is awesome cold. Bad pizza might be just OK when fresh, but is very bad cold.

Pizza crust with flavor, not bread dough. A good tomato pizza sauce, which can't come from a can unfortunately. Real cheese, not the pre-shredded waxy stuff. That's how you make a good pizza.

I personally find it disgusting. DH doesn't.
He normally will reheat it but he's not adverse to just eating it cold too.
I'm one who eats all food the way it's intended though
If the dish is supposed to be warm, I eat it warm
If it's supposed to be hot, I eat it hot.
I can't think of anything I eat the opposite way it's intended off the top of my head

No, I don’t eat pizza cold, but wouldn’t say it’s disgusting. To each their own. To me, it’s not a big deal to heat it in the oven for 10 minutes, and it tastes so much better.

Unless someone coughed on the pizza I wouldn’t worry too much about it being spoiled if left on the counter overnight, it goes right from a 400 degree oven into a box, any germs from the cooking process were killed.

I’ll eat it room temp but don’t like it cold as much, but it depends on what type it is. I agree a few mins reheating in a hot oven is best.

I voted disgusting. Besides turkey, I don’t eat any usually hot food without reheating it.

Unless someone coughed on the pizza I wouldn’t worry too much about it being spoiled if left on the counter overnight, it goes right from a 400 degree oven into a box, any germs from the cooking process were killed.

I’ll eat it room temp but don’t like it cold as much, but it depends on what type it is. I agree a few mins reheating in a hot oven is best.

I think the biggest worry might be food poisoning. Botulism of course, but also staph food poisoning can be worse because the toxins don't break downl with heat as easily as botulism toxin.

Last edited:
Where is the option for: Come on, how hard is it to spend 3-5 minutes heating it up in the oven? Here's my tip for quick & foolproof pizza reheating:

Place the pizza on foil in a cold oven. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once it's reached 350 (which only takes a few minutes), your pizza is ready. It's hot and not leathery at all.

I actually prefer pizza room temp to lukewarm over hot or cold.

I might stick it in the oven for a few minutes to take off the chill, but not until it’s hot.

I don't like it, but it's not disgusting.
Used to do it in high school, but that was looooooong ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter