• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coke Freestyle questions

KatieCharlotte

DIS Veteran
The Universal website tells me the current price for the cups and a daily "recharge," but I don't see the price for individual refills. Is that still an option, and what is the price for individual soda and Icee refills?

The passholder benefits say that passholders receive $1 off refills -- does that just mean the daily recharge? Is the cup the same price for passholders? Premier and preferred passholders only would get 10% off?

Is it correct that the initial activation and each daily recharge are good for 24 hours? So, if I buy cups at 4 p.m., they can be used until 4 p.m. the next day without an extra charge?

Help! Everything I read about these cups is different. I've read several places that the price goes down if you buy more than one, but the Universal website doesn't mention that and would charge me full price if I ordered two online.

I've read that you can get $1.50 individual refills on the mugs if you don't want to reactivate the next day, but I've also read that this is a separate program for souvenir cups that don't have unlimited refills. I've read that the programs have merged into one, and that they haven't.

I have read that you get unlimited refills for 24 hours after you purchase the cups, but the Universal website says that they are only good for the day of purchase -- which is a huge difference.

Can anyone tell me their recent experiences?

I would go by what Universal says online, or even call Universal and ask them yourself. It is possible someone can speak from personal experience in more recent time here as well.

However, as for the other sources you found online, more than likely it's dated reports and hasn't been updated. Things change with time and while some sources that report certain things about parks might update menus and other things from time to time, other pages and articles may not be updated.

We never buy refillable cups, and I know it is confusing! We were sitting in the Coke lounge near the Simpsons ride last week finishing our ice cream (it was cold outside) and a woman was complaining that the cup she bought 3 days ago wouldn't work at the freestyle machines. The TM explained to her that it was only good for the day of purchase, but she could either pay the full amount to recharge or take it to a regular stand that sold soda and pay to have it refilled. It was $1-something, maybe 1.99 for a refill? I don't remember the exact amount.

You can get refills for $1.50 if you don't reactivate the cup.

I would and do just get the free cups of ice water. Bring some drops if you do not like plain water. Your liver will thank you.

You can get refills for $1.50 if you don't reactivate the cup.

I would and do just get the free cups of ice water. Bring some drops if you do not like plain water. Your liver will thank you.

We usually just drink the free ice water and sometimes add powder, but this is a special trip for a kid who loves fruit flavored Icees and would never ask for one at theme park prices. The cups would be a special treat.

We usually just drink the free ice water and sometimes add powder, but this is a special trip for a kid who loves fruit flavored Icees and would never ask for one at theme park prices. The cups would be a special treat.

That is fine. I love icees and the ones in the park are not that good to me. Maybe a kid will not notice.

I liked the icees at sea world better.

I think the icee refill is more expensive than just soda if you are not recharging the cup, but probably not by much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter