Coke Freestyle Machines

Hudmaster

Going in the summer is better than not going at al
We are headed back to Disney this July, first time since 2013. Heard a little about the Coke Freestyle machines at the resorts but was wondering if anyone knew more about their locations. We used them at Universal 2 years back, but they were hit or miss. Many times the flavor you wanted was out and it seemed like they were constantly trying to maintain/replenish them. Wondering if they are a little less used at the resorts than they were at the Universal parks.

Since they've been installed, we've stayed twice at CBR, once at POFQ, and once at YC/BC. We've always been able to get what we want. I don't know if it's because Disney does a better job of replenishing, has more machines, or if my family just chooses unpopular flavors

Those machines are the root of everything that is wrong with this country! But seriously, they cause major traffic jams in already congested areas. We stay at the BCV often and there is always a line 3-4 people deep waiting to refill.

I haven't noticed flavors being out but I have noticed that the touch screens can be finicky and could use to be replaced. I haven't experienced terrible lines. It seems these machines are in all of the resort food courts, but I haven't been to all of them of course.

I haven't noticed flavors being out but I have noticed that the touch screens can be finicky and could use to be replaced. I haven't experienced terrible lines. It seems these machines are in all of the resort food courts, but I haven't been to all of them of course.

Definitely not in all of the of the resorts~ we just did a split stay and they had them at POFQ but not at the Polynesian. I know they take more time to use, but I would much rather wait and have way more drink options making the mugs worthwhile than just a few choices that don't work if you are not a soda drinker. It would be so nice to have them at all the resorts! (It seems like logistically it would be hard for some of them.) :drinking1

POFQ has 4 machines, so there was usually only 1 or 2 people waiting.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. Boardwalk Bakery does not have one. YC and BC both have one. Wilderness Lodge does not have one.
If you go during busy times, you will most likely encounter a line. But that happened at Boardwalk Bakery and Wilderness Lodge too, and they didn't have them. When I went during the slower times of the day, there was no line. Just something to keep in mind. :)

It would be nice if Pop Century got some by the end of July! Love those machines.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. Boardwalk Bakery does not have one. YC and BC both have one. Wilderness Lodge does not have one.
If you go during busy times, you will most likely encounter a line. But that happened at Boardwalk Bakery and Wilderness Lodge too, and they didn't have them. When I went during the slower times of the day, there was no line. Just something to keep in mind. :)
Same experience we have had at POFQ. During the breakfast rush there is sometimes a line just like with old machines. Mid- day no wait.

Not a fan of these machines at all. Everything has a backnote of orange or sprite flavor, no matter what flavor you choose. Don't like 'em.

I agree the sodas can definitely have some "cross" flavors to them~ we did a lot of vitamin waters, flavored waters and flavored seltzers and they were great!

We are doing a split stay and we want to use the unlimited drink option. Is that a choice or will we need to pay each night since we are staying at different dvc locations?

We are doing a split stay and we want to use the unlimited drink option. Is that a choice or will we need to pay each night since we are staying at different dvc locations?
You pay one price and the mugs are good for (I think) 14 days. You should only have to buy one as they are still good even after you have checked out (for a total of 14 days).

I hate them. Just stayed at BC and even though BC and YC each have two, one was almost always broken. The one or two times both were working, the wait was about 3-5 minutes to get to a machine and the other times it was more like 10 minutes. I started a) drinking more coffee and b) getting water from the mug washing station rather than wait for the sparkling Dasani.

Not a fan of these machines at all. Everything has a backnote of orange or sprite flavor, no matter what flavor you choose. Don't like 'em.

I'm usually a "waste not want not" kinda gal, but not with those infernal machines. I choose what I want to drink and then let it run for a second or two to try to clean whatever came out last out of it before I add it to my cup. Just awful. At home, if I'm at a fast food place that has them in the lobby, I go ask them to fill my drink in the drive-thru. At Disney, I move on to a place without a Freestyle. Sometimes it just prompts me to drink more water, and that's never a bad thing. 👍

I'm usually a "waste not want not" kinda gal, but not with those infernal machines. I choose what I want to drink and then let it run for a second or two to try to clean whatever came out last out of it before I add it to my cup. Just awful. At home, if I'm at a fast food place that has them in the lobby, I go ask them to fill my drink in the drive-thru. At Disney, I move on to a place without a Freestyle. Sometimes it just prompts me to drink more water, and that's never a bad thing. 👍
Your cup has to be on the sensor in order for the soda to run (thereby filling your cup) and there is a minimum time limit between fill ups.

You can download the Coca-Cola app which does a really nice job of mapping the location of Freestyle machines.

Those machines are the root of everything that is wrong with this country! But seriously, they cause major traffic jams in already congested areas. We stay at the BCV often and there is always a line 3-4 people deep waiting to refill.

That’s hysterical. I don’t use them. But I have friends who love them and it always cracks me up. This southern girl prefers her split brewed iced tea BUT, bite yo tongue Darklord. There’s gold in them there machines!

Also in wine boxes, and apple sauce pouches

My husband works for a plastics company who makes the pouch and spout that goes inside those machines. Same for Bota box wine and applesauce pouches. Hey. Somebody has to make it 🤓

So I say, drink up America! :drinking1:cheer2: 🍷 😉

I think it will be great if staying at a resort that has them in other places beside the quick service area. I wouldn’t care if it had a taste of other sodas in it. It would just be nice not having to walk all the way to the food court for a drink. Would totally make the mugs worth the price.
We stayed at AKL this June and they did not have any extra machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter