Coffee

sambisc

Mouseketeer
Is coffee provided in DVC rentals? If so, how much? We're big coffee drinkers and I didn't know if I should bring my own.

There will be one (maybe two) starter packages of coffee. They will be replenished on both Trash & Towel days and Full Cleaning days, order of which depends on length of stay (basically every 4 days). Additional coffee packages are available for purchase thru housekeeping for $3 each.

If you bring your own, you will also need coffee filters (flat bottom/basket) for a full size Mr Coffee style brewer.

if you drink a lot of coffee, you might also want to bring sweetener (they only provide a few). the tap water can be gross, but you can buy bottled water (and milk, etc) in the resort store.
btw, you can also use a paper towel in lieu of a coffee filter - it works exactly the same :)

i drink a lot of coffee, and found buying a refillable mug worked well also. of course, that only makes sense if there is a refillable station nearby.

Is coffee provided in DVC rentals? If so, how much? We're big coffee drinkers and I didn't know if I should bring my own.

You should have a Mr. Coffee type pot, 10-12 cup, that uses the flat bottom filters.

We always bring our favorite Dunkin' Donuts coffee to brew every morning. I've considered a refillable mug, but I'd rather not have to go downstairs to the Boardwalk Bakery every time I want a cup of coffee, especially early in the morning. I like the convenience of brewing it in the room.

I wish they had a Keurig in every villa. I love my Keurig at home and it would be awesome to have one at WDW...oh well, I could dream right? ;)

There will be one (maybe two) starter packages of coffee. They will be replenished on both Trash & Towel days and Full Cleaning days, order of which depends on length of stay (basically every 4 days).

Actually, they may or may not be replenished on T&T day. The last 2 stays, they weren't. The first time I called housekeeping, who insisted that Trash and Towell is just that-trash and towel only, nothing else." So I Emailed DVC when we got home, and found out that housekeeping had told me wrong. But when it happened on our next stay, housekeeping said they'd "forgotten" and brought more. BTW, these were 2 different resorts where it happened. And we've rarely gotten 2 starter packs-we always bring our own.

You get enough coffee to make one pot and it's not that great either so we bring our own from home. We also bring filters and sugar packets. We buy a jug of water in the resort store because at some resorts the tap water tastes terrible and heating it makes it even worse.

We always bring our favorite Dunkin' Donuts coffee to brew every morning. I've considered a refillable mug, but I'd rather not have to go downstairs to the Boardwalk Bakery every time I want a cup of coffee, especially early in the morning. I like the convenience of brewing it in the room.

I wish they had a Keurig in every villa. I love my Keurig at home and it would be awesome to have one at WDW...oh well, I could dream right? ;)

We do to!!! The DVC coffee packets, no offense intended, are rather nasty

The store at the resort will sell half and half - if you use it. We pack sugar (we bring a tupperware from home usually).

The ground coffee the store at Disney sells isn't great either - so if you are a coffee drinker, DO bring grounds from home, and filters.

We always bring our favorite Dunkin' Donuts coffee to brew every morning. I've considered a refillable mug, but I'd rather not have to go downstairs to the Boardwalk Bakery every time I want a cup of coffee, especially early in the morning. I like the convenience of brewing it in the room. I wish they had a Keurig in every villa. I love my Keurig at home and it would be awesome to have one at WDW...oh well, I could dream right? ;)
Another Dunkin lover here too! We have thought about buying a Keurig and putting it in an Owners locker but then realized that's silly and it's just us being lazy. We can have a perfectly good cup of coffee brewing it in a pot and bring coffee of choice. It certainly makes the trip feel more like "home"

I brought filters, and measured enough coffee into a zip bag for my stay. I also packed a coffee measure/scoop. As others said you will receive a small supply in a filter pack, but it isn't the best, and this coming from someone who is perfectly happy with Folgers or Maxwell House at home.

:moped:
I've considered a refillable mug, but I'd rather not have to go downstairs to the Boardwalk Bakery every time I want a cup of coffee, especially early in the morning. I like the convenience of brewing it in the room.

Usually I drink 4 mugs of coffee in the morning (a yummy hazelnut blend).....then I fill my refillable mug on our way out (with a coffee/hot chocolate mix), and at least 2-3 times later in day.
And yes, we know every single restroom in all of wdw ;)

So to the OP -- I hope you have received the message loud and clear:

If you are any kind of a coffee drinker (and it sounds like you are), BRING YOUR OWN COFFEE!!

On a side note... IMHO the Joffrey's Coffee they are now serving in the parks is only a half-step up from the dark water stuff that they used to serve. What is it with Disney and coffee, anyway?

So to the OP -- I hope you have received the message loud and clear: If you are any kind of a coffee drinker (and it sounds like you are), BRING YOUR OWN COFFEE!! On a side note... IMHO the Joffrey's Coffee they are now serving in the parks is only a half-step up from the dark water stuff that they used to serve. What is it with Disney and coffee, anyway?

Maybe they are trying to get people to buy the more expensive Starbucks coffee at MK, Epcot and DTD?

Thanks everyone for the tips! I'll probably put some in a ziploc bag and bring some filters. We do like our coffee!

I also bring coffee from home....and sugar packets.... I keep a coffee scoop and a metal mesh coffee filter in my owners locker. I also bring large disposable coffee cups and lids...that way we can take a cup with us as we head out the door for the parks. I don't like carrying the refillable mug around after I'm done with my coffee. Last time we stayed at BWV, I'm pretty sure I saw the disposable coffee cups for sale at the resort store, fwiw.

We usually pack 2 coffee travel mugs (not for traveling) but for the room since the cups are rather small and we bring regular coffee, decaf, filters and sweetener. When we check in I call house keeping and request a 2nd coffee pot since DH can only have decaf and I like my caffeine! Most of the time they bring a brand new (in the box) coffee maker which has a stack of filters in the box.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom at BWV this past Dec. There was a regular "Mr. Coffee" type pot. I am staying in a BWV studio in July, will the studio have the same type of pot?

For all Keurig lovers I found something called K-cup French press. It packs easily and takes k-cups. Works just like a French press but uses K-Cups. You can look it up on line. Amazon and target has them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter