Coffee pods at DVC

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
All DVC resorts have the Joffrey's coffee packets in the room. The coffee packet is meant to be dropped into the coffee maker baskets to make your own pot in the morning.

My question, since it doesn't say on the wrapping, how much water per packet? Is it a 4 cup packet? 2 cup? How much is each packet supposed to make?

I know, there are bigger issues, but we never make a good pot of coffee.

Thanks..

---Paul in Southern NJ

I put 6 cups of water in per pod. Personal taste is best guess. Front desk has always been helpful in giving us more when we ask. Have a great trip.

We bring our own coffee and flat-bottom filters. I make my own "packets" for easy clean up. Put in the filter, add the coffee ad then put another filter on top. Makes for very easy cleanup.

We do this at home, too. We use compostable filters so it's quick and easy to move the used "packet" from the pot to the compost bin with no mess.

We bring our own coffee and flat-bottom filters. I make my own "packets" for easy clean up. Put in the filter, add the coffee ad then put another filter on top. Makes for very easy cleanup.

We do this at home, too. We use compostable filters so it's quick and easy to move the used "packet" from the pot to the compost bin with no mess.

Sounds great... Thanks.

As a Keurig and Nespresso house, I guess I now need to buy filters and ground coffee for Disney!

Again, thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

I’ve found that the coffee grounds in the pods is decent if you open the pod and measure into traditional paper filter.
Whatever those pods are made of really ruin the coffee.

My question, since it doesn't say on the wrapping, how much water per packet? Is it a 4 cup packet? 2 cup? How much is each packet supposed to make?
I put 6 cups of water in per pod. Personal taste is best guess. Front desk has always been helpful in giving us more when we ask. Have a great trip.
Same here, I make six cups with a Joffrey's pod and I get the world's best cup of coffee every time. :coffee:

I always get lots of free extra, it's the main reason I bought into DVC...so I can go back every year and drink the coffee.

I’ve found that the coffee grounds in the pods is decent if you open the pod and measure into traditional paper filter.
Whatever those pods are made of really ruin the coffee.

Funny story about that...

I got so used to ripping open the packets at Disney and tossing in the Joffrey coffee pods. Well...last trip we stayed at Marriott Vacation Club resort after we left WDW. They had free coffee packets in the room which I assumed were pods and ripped open the packet. Loose coffee grounds all over the kitchen!!! (I guess the complementary coffee filters next too it should have clued me in) What a mess!!! After I cleaned up, I told the front desk what I did and they were nice enough to provide replacement.

Funny story about that...

I got so used to ripping open the packets at Disney and tossing in the Joffrey coffee pods. Well...last trip we stayed at Marriott Vacation Club resort after we left WDW. They had free coffee packets in the room which I assumed were pods and ripped open the packet. Loose coffee grounds all over the kitchen!!! (I guess the complementary coffee filters next too it should have clued me in) What a mess!!! After I cleaned up, I told the front desk what I did and they were nice enough to provide replacement.
Laughing with you, not at you, of course!

I haven't managed to make a good cup of coffee with these packets but the best I've managed is using 2 of them and enough water for 2 cups. I remove the jug at the bottom for a few minutes so the hot water has time to brew a little before it starts to drip through. It's still too weak for me, but it will keep me going until I can buy my own.

Last edited:
We had those at BLT our last trip - my father and I aren't picky coffee drinkers, so we just filled the coffee maker to the max with water and one pod. Mousekeeping is amazing at giving yins more pods if you're also a family that drinks a crazy amount of coffee.

All DVC resorts have the Joffrey's coffee packets in the room. The coffee packet is meant to be dropped into the coffee maker baskets to make your own pot in the morning.

Thanks..

---Paul in Southern NJ

I do Keurig and Nespresso at home also. Someone mentioned using their own flat filters. That's worked for me and the whole packet I use 4 cups of water. You can always add water if it's too strong, but the Joffrey coffee is much better than the vile stuff they had before Joffrey.

Better still bring your own machine!

I do Keurig and Nespresso at home also. Someone mentioned using their own flat filters. That's worked for me and the whole packet I use 4 cups of water. You can always add water if it's too strong, but the Joffrey coffee is much better than the vile stuff they had before Joffrey.

Better still bring your own machine!
I would love to bring my own... its just luggage real estate is at a premium when flying.

A4C8240C-2329-4719-8BF4-4F7278FE4778.jpegBBF740CD-3088-4407-993A-4048F7D785D3.jpeg

on the bag direction basically say you can make anywhere from 4-8 cups with the same packet. Using more or less water depending on how many cups you’d like and/or the strength you like. Reminds of an old family joke... when grandma would have unexpected company she’d just add a cup of water to the tomato sauce for each extra guest lol

I always bring my own coffee/filters/pods, etc while traveling. I do not like hotel swill, and love my morning coffee. Now I bring my travel Keurig and plan to make it in the room. It's a one cup thing.. But we drive, so we have room. I like strong coffee, so I either double up on the pods, (like use 2 pods at once, ) or just make a smaller than recommended pot. I have quite the assortment too for road trips/whatever hotel we stop at on the way: single cup packets, regular sized packets, Keurig pods, etc. and then if not bringing the Keurig, definitely bringing my own coffee/filters.

Thanks..

---Paul in Southern NJ

My mother swears by using bottled water to make her coffee. Florida water does not cut it for her. She uses Poland Spring or Dasani. YMMV.

So glad to read all of your tips!! My husband doesn't drink coffee at all. :oops: And I enjoy it multiple times per day. So I'm on my own when trying to figure out the coffee situation while traveling.

View attachment 565677View attachment 565678

on the bag direction basically say you can make anywhere from 4-8 cups with the same packet. Using more or less water depending on how many cups you’d like and/or the strength you like. Reminds of an old family joke... when grandma would have unexpected company she’d just add a cup of water to the tomato sauce for each extra guest lol

Agreed. I think that is part of the issue. If you look at a bag, for example, of Starbucks grounds, they give you a starting point of, I believe, as it’s been a while, 2 tablespoons per cup you are making. With these pouches, you have no idea how much is in them or even a starting point of how much to make. Basically they are saying figure it out for yourself. Not exactly helpful.

We keep a nespresso pod machine in our owners’ locker. Then we just need to bring the pods with us in luggage (and frees up the space going home).

Bruce

I drink press coffee at home and just cannot tolerate the stuff that is available in the rooms. I bought an Aeropress Go travel coffee press for the next trip. It makes one serving of espresso, hot coffee or cold brew. Perfect for just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter