Coffee on DCL?

airplanegod

Airline Expert
I was just wondering if Nescafe is still served now and for the distant future? I know WDW got Joffrey's but last July DCL still had Nescafe on the ships. I know to each there own but I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say it tastes bleh.

I was just wondering if Nescafe is still served now and for the distant future? I know WDW got Joffrey's but last July DCL still had Nescafe on the ships. I know to each there own but I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say it tastes bleh.

Why don't DCL wise-up and see where McDonalds gets their coffee from. :thumbsup2

I got some coffee from the Cove Cafe and it was good. Everything else was the nescafe stuff which sucks.

The agreement to put Joffrey's in WDW & DL did not include DCL.

Does anyone know how much they charge for the good coffe at the Cove? Is it Disney high or just regular prices?

I don't remember the coffee on DCL being completely terrible but it was definitely inconsistent. Can you get a carafe of regular coffee from Cove Cafe? On our Princess cruise I refused to try the coffee because of reading it was from a syrup. Is the Nescafé on Disney a syrup also? Please say it's not.... ::scared::

I don't remember the coffee on DCL being completely terrible but it was definitely inconsistent. Can you get a carafe of regular coffee from Cove Cafe? On our Princess cruise I refused to try the coffee because of reading it was from a syrup. Is the Nescafé on Disney a syrup also? Please say it's not.... ::scared::

You can get a carafe from room service.

You can get a carafe from room service.

You can get a carafe of nescrappe from room service... Which is the coffee people are complaining about. They do not serve regular drip coffee on the ship. At Cove cafe, the closest you can get is an americano or caffe-o-lait, which are both poor substitutes for regular drip coffee imo.

I still can't believe that DCL can charge a premium for their cruises because of their branding, bill themselves as a high class line and still not serve a decent cup of joe. Grinds my gears every time I think about it. I make due with the nescrappe, and usually find that by the time I'm done w/ WDW (resort coffee is still nescrappe) and DCL I've "developed a taste" for the bad coffee, but my brain still tells me it's not coffee, it's crap.

Yep, no real coffee anywhere on the ship. Even the restaurants serve Nescafe. I asked. You can pay extra for coffee at the coffee shop, but like a pp said they don't have regular drip coffee. And honestly, even my "mocha" that I tried both at Vista and in Cabanas wasn't great, either. Basically they squirted a bunch of Hershey's syrup in some coffee and steamed milk and charged $4+

I wish I would have brought my French Press.

I did find, however, that if I loaded the Nescafe with chocolate milk or lots of cream and sugar, it was more drinkable.

I only drink coffee in am. Love the Cove lattes. Be sure to get card to be stamped. You get free drink when it is full.

Yep, no real coffee anywhere on the ship.

The coffee in the Cove & Vista cafés, as well as Palo & Remy is illy brand.

Of note, Bodum makes great travel presses in a travel mug. We've used them several times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is. Same awful coffee everywhere (I don't know about Remy, though, but I bet that's good coffee).

Cove Cafe is your only option for real coffee. Friendly servers, quiet, good location, magazines, comfortable chairs, good view of the deck (for people watchers), nice decor, rarely crowded, good coffee, free snacks, long hours, fair prices, and it's easy to fill up the "buy 5 get 1 free" card.

Coffee isn't too terrible if you add whole milk to it; makes it taste quite good actually. There's a milk dispenser right next to the coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter