Coffee at WDW as a Disney Visa Cardholder

aerxo17

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I am a relatively new Disney Visa Cardholder. I'll be at WDW 8/18-8/23, and I'm wondering if I should a) buy a reusable mug for $20 and get unlimited coffee at my resort, or b) forgo unlimited coffee and buy Joffrey's with my 20% off discount.

However, I'm not sure how the Joffrey's discount works. Is it specifically for Joffrey's locations, or any Disney dining locations that sell Joffrey's products? For example, I'll be staying at the Polynesian (DVC Lake Studio) for a portion of my stay and Kona Island sells Joffrey's coffee, but it's not a Joffrey's coffee-only location. Would I get 20% off my coffee there?

Also, is it even worth it to get unlimited coffee for $20? I'm not picky (I drink drip coffee from a Keurig daily and buy whatever pods I can get for cheap at home) but I obviously don't like my coffee to taste too watery. Is it even worth the $20, or should I just splurge and get Joffrey's or even *gasp* Starbucks? The only other reason I'm thinking of getting the mug is for Diet Coke (to mix some Captain Morgan with, hehe) and I'm ordering some groceries anyway, so I could easily just buy a 12 pack for $6 instead.

Thoughts??? I'm trying to save money where I can, but I don't want to be drinking hot water with a hint of coffee my whole vacay. Thanks in advance!

I love my morning starbucks dark roast coffee I make at home. In April we stayed at the All star and got the mugs for coffee in the morning which was regular Joffery's and we were happy with it. Well worth the $20 for the 5 days we were there.

It all depends on the timing of your coffee needs. A lot of quick service locations do not open until 7. Sometimes you can get in early, but the coffee might not be in the dispensers yet. (I found this out the hard way.) I normally just use the in room coffee maker. It's not the best, so sometimes I splurge on a flavored coffee creamer.

All that being said, we usually buy the mugs if we're staying 5 nights or more.

I'm debating this. I think we will get 2x resort mugs but might also use them for the kids in the afternoon (rather than getting 4). But I don't function without my morning coffee, and am not a big fan of the coffee the in-room machines make (although it is at least caffeinated).

Hello!

I am a relatively new Disney Visa Cardholder. I'll be at WDW 8/18-8/23, and I'm wondering if I should a) buy a reusable mug for $20 and get unlimited coffee at my resort, or b) forgo unlimited coffee and buy Joffrey's with my 20% off discount.

However, I'm not sure how the Joffrey's discount works. Is it specifically for Joffrey's locations, or any Disney dining locations that sell Joffrey's products? For example, I'll be staying at the Polynesian (DVC Lake Studio) for a portion of my stay and Kona Island sells Joffrey's coffee, but it's not a Joffrey's coffee-only location. Would I get 20% off my coffee there?

Also, is it even worth it to get unlimited coffee for $20? I'm not picky (I drink drip coffee from a Keurig daily and buy whatever pods I can get for cheap at home) but I obviously don't like my coffee to taste too watery. Is it even worth the $20, or should I just splurge and get Joffrey's or even *gasp* Starbucks? The only other reason I'm thinking of getting the mug is for Diet Coke (to mix some Captain Morgan with, hehe) and I'm ordering some groceries anyway, so I could easily just buy a 12 pack for $6 instead.

Thoughts??? I'm trying to save money where I can, but I don't want to be drinking hot water with a hint of coffee my whole vacay. Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure how the joffrey's discount works, sorry.

So we are coffee drinkers too and depending where we're going, we sometimes pack our own nespresso. At WDW, we prefer Joffrey's since the room and resort coffees are typically not very good. In the DVC villas you usually get a drip coffee maker and filters so we'd bring some good beans with us but that's not always the case.

At home, we use our nespresso and kuerig with refillable pods using Starbucks or Joffrey's brand beans. I wouldn't say we are super picky either but typically the in room/resort coffees aren't great. Plus if you get the mug, you have to wait for the QS to open to get your coffee which could be after 7 or later.

I would either find out what sort of in room coffee maker you have and bring your own pods or good instant coffee packets. The other option, if you're driving, is bring your own coffee maker. We also drink Joffrey's only at WDW since we prefer it over Starbucks.

I always buy the mug and drink 1-2 coffee/day. I then almost always go back at night for tea. I just like the convenience of it.

You usually cannot use discounts at the coffee carts within the parks. You also can't use your mug there. Unless you are using it alot at the resort, it is not worth it in my opinion. I don't drink that much soda anymore and I like a little cream with my coffee and all they usually have is that coffee mate garbage.

For us, we're there for a week so 1 coffee every morning at captain cooks (at 3.75 I think?) makes the math work out. Bonus if the kids then use the mugs in the afternoon for pool time.

But I agree, part of the reason I don't like the in room coffee is the coffee mate stuff. I guess I could get a small thing of milk for the room but...I really just prefer brewed coffee over the Keurig stuff

For us 20 for the mugs is a no brainer. We do spend time at the resort but even on park days you are thirsty when you get back to the room. The Poly has a drink station at the quite pool as well which is close to the DVC buildings. Cant speak for now but in the past at 7AM they had coffee. Capt Cooks was open 24 7 so always a place to get a drink I know the hours changed for Covid not sure if this returned or not. Bars will also fill the mugs with Soda or Ice Tea. If you want to save money (if that is possible these days) Make coffee on the room. The 20% discount is only good at actual Joffrey owned locations. I can not tell you if the parks like EPCOT that I know there is one is included as we would not pay for the bad coffee but will gladly hand our cash to Starbucks :rotfl2:
We endure the bad Joffrey experience enough with the mugs. I think Folgers would be an improvement. I miss the days when the booth at POLY sold Kona coffee so much better. Think I threw up after refilling the cup at Captain cooks with Joffrey. I guess I don't like Joffery coffee can you tell 😆 😆😆

For us 20 for the mugs is a no brainer. We do spend time at the resort but even on park days you are thirsty when you get back to the room. The Poly has a drink station at the quite pool as well which is close to the DVC buildings. Cant speak for now but in the past at 7AM they had coffee. Capt Cooks was open 24 7 so always a place to get a drink I know the hours changed for Covid not sure if this returned or not. Bars will also fill the mugs with Soda or Ice Tea. If you want to save money (if that is possible these days) Make coffee on the room. The 20% discount is only good at actual Joffrey owned locations. I can not tell you if the parks like EPCOT that I know there is one is included as we would not pay for the bad coffee but will gladly hand our cash to Starbucks :rotfl2:
We endure the bad Joffrey experience enough with the mugs. I think Folgers would be an improvement. I miss the days when the booth at POLY sold Kona coffee so much better. Think I threw up after refilling the cup at Captain cooks with Joffrey. I guess I don't like Joffery coffee can you tell 😆 😆😆
We're at Poly too! That's good to know the Pool station has coffee - I didn't realize that.

Captain Cooks currently opens at 7:/ it's awfully late for rope drop. It's pretty frustrating and I'll be really happy if they change it in the month before our trip.

I think the mugs are great for my family and friends who we travel with. I’ve never got a coffee in one though, just never walked to get a coffee.
I always order spring water in our grocery delivery and bring/buy coffee and filters for making coffee in the room. Took me years trying to make coffee at WDW taste good. Visiting family in S FL I realized they used spring water to fill their coffee maker. Even their great reverse osmosis filter doesn’t make their coffee taste better. The key is spring water.

I bring my own coffee wherever we travel, and make it in the room. If we're staying more than a couple of nights, I'll bring my travel Keurig. Been over 10 years since I tried any resort coffee in the mug, but I found it to be water with a little coffee flavor. I do love strong coffee though, so hotel swill is never good for me. I wouldn't want to wait to get coffee at a stand, and waste any morning/rope drop time. Might get a mug though if staying that long and plan to get other drinks, and the hotel has easy access to refilling stations.

Thanks all! I think I'm going to get the refillable mug for coffee at the resort, then look for Joffrey's locations in and around the parks if I need a pick-me-up mid day. I'll def be ordering bottled water for in-room coffee as well -- Florida sink water isn't the move, lol. I also forgot how convenient those drink stations are at the pool bars, so def will be doing all of the above.

I won't be bringing my own coffee machine, since I'm flying to Orlando this trip. Good idea for those who drive to WDW though!

Thanks again!!! Can't wait to be ✨Disney Caffeinated✨ and not :(work caffeinated:(

However, I'm not sure how the Joffrey's discount works. Is it specifically for Joffrey's locations, or any Disney dining locations that sell Joffrey's products?
The discount is only for Joffrey's locations. Here's the info from the Disney Visa website:
  • Receive 20% off entire purchase at Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.® kiosks throughout Walt Disney World® Resort, Joffrey’s retail location at Disney Springs® Marketplace (excluding alcohol) and online at JOFFREYS.com with code: DISNEYBEANS22.

Thanks all! I think I'm going to get the refillable mug for coffee at the resort, then look for Joffrey's locations in and around the parks if I need a pick-me-up mid day. I'll def be ordering bottled water for in-room coffee as well -- Florida sink water isn't the move, lol. I also forgot how convenient those drink stations are at the pool bars, so def will be doing all of the above.

I won't be bringing my own coffee machine, since I'm flying to Orlando this trip. Good idea for those who drive to WDW though!

Thanks again!!! Can't wait to be ✨Disney Caffeinated✨ and not :(work caffeinated:(
Good plan!! Have a great trip! I’m with you. Would much rather need a pick me up to stay up late for fireworks :).

I rarely get the mug because I'm out of my room all day, every day. I just buy it from Joffrey's or Starbucks, whichever is more convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter