Code watch for September 2017

Hi

Quick question, we booked for Sept 4th to Sept 14th at POP with regular DP. We almost paid it in full already.

If we get Free Dining, shall we call again and re book? What about the money we already paid? Can we use that as credit and Disney will reimburse the difference?

Or will they do a full reimbursement towards our credit card and we must pay the lower value again?

Watching for the end of September or the end of October. We feel that WDW hotels have become overpriced for what you get without FD or a 30% discount. We are doing a split stay and we may commute from our Universal onsite resort or stay at DTD if a discount doesn't roll out.

I am joining the party ! We are a family of 6( 19, 19, 18 , 13 and Dh and Myself) and have two rooms booked at All Star Sports . We will be there September 7th-16th I would love to have free dinning we have all adults on the dinning plan . We have always had a discount or free dinning in September but we are going earlier in the month this trip .

Hoping for deal for September 2017. Wanting to stay at a moderate resort. For those of you who have been in September, which resort has the best deal? Prot Orleans Riverside, French Quarter or Carribean Beach Resort?
As far as I know French Quarters generally doesn't get a discount . Are you looking for a room discount or dinning ? Port Orleans Riverside fills up first with the discount but I am unsure what Carribean Beach will have with the building project starting .

We are currently booked in September (9th - 17th) on a bounce back at CBR. I was hoping to change to POR. When I looked on line this evening, all resorts except for three of the villas show no availability that week. We have always gone in October and have never had issues if we wanted to change resorts or move to a different category at the current resort. Is this a really busy time? I was really shocked to see that and would be surprised if they offer any discounts.

We are booked September 26 to October 5 at ASMu! Am hoping for free dining. When we were there last September the BB was only through September 9 and that would not work for us. My son and his fiance are going to join us but have not booked their room yet. I don't know if they should book now or wait to see if free dining comes out!
I think the current promotion ends in a week or so, hopefully the next one will be for FD at our vacation time! Fingers crossed and lots of Pixie Dust!

We have suddenly decided on an early September trip. I'm hoping for an offer of some sort. I've been mailed codes in the past but always when they didn't work out for us.

As far as I know French Quarters generally doesn't get a discount . Are you looking for a room discount or dinning ? Port Orleans Riverside fills up first with the discount but I am unsure what Carribean Beach will have with the building project starting .
This is what my TA told me today. So, I'm going to stay where I'm at and hope for free dining.

Just booked a bounce back with 30% off BWI CL Boardwalk View while we were at Contemporary a few days ago! The bounce back offer showed all of September included!
May I ask was the entire month of September that included free dining (in your bounce back offer) just for deluxe resorts? I couldn't take advantage of the bounce back in September as the free dining was only being offered through September 9th (and I wanted to book September 16-23, 2017) - I was at Riverside (it would have been my 5th consecutive bounce back).

Thanks in advance for the response,

J

Was on the phone with WDW today. Cast member said Sept deals often drop around april and often include free dining. I'm looking to sTay at Pop

Trying to decide between an end of September or end of October trip. Hoping for a RO discount as that will be a better deal for us. Fingers crossed!

Looking at Mousesaver site, Fall discounts drop in the April or May. However if memory serves me correctly. When we went in 2012, the fall discount for Visa holders dropped in late March. Maybe our wait might be shorter than were expecting. Its a small chance, but its fun to hope.

May I ask was the entire month of September that included free dining (in your bounce back offer) just for deluxe resorts? I couldn't take advantage of the bounce back in September as the free dining was only being offered through September 9th (and I wanted to book September 16-23, 2017) - I was at Riverside (it would have been my 5th consecutive bounce back).

Thanks in advance for the response,

J
We don't ever do the free dining so I'm not sure what that promotion included. We do room only discount and that included most resorts at different percentages off. Hope this helps.

We don't ever do the free dining so I'm not sure what that promotion included. We do room only discount and that included most resorts at different percentages off. Hope this helps.

We booked the last week of September two years ago and free dining was included during our dates! Hoping for the same this year as we're booked 9/24 to 9/29 again! :)

Free dining is when you receive the regular "Dining Plan" for free (regular dining plan - 1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, 2 snacks and 1 refillable mug).

For 2017, this is equivalent to $67.33 per day per person for adults ($24.22 kids under 10). So it depends on your eating habits and what you are paying for your room whether this is a "better" deal or not.

For me, I travel with my wife and adult daughter, I know if I don't get the dining plan we will be eating junk all week. The dining plan guarantees, I'll get one sit down meal every day!

Free dining is when you receive the regular "Dining Plan" for free (regular dining plan - 1 table-service meal, 1 quick-service meal, 2 snacks and 1 refillable mug).

For 2017, this is equivalent to $67.33 per day per person for adults ($24.22 kids under 10). So it depends on your eating habits and what you are paying for your room whether this is a "better" deal or not.

For me, I travel with my wife and adult daughter, I know if I don't get the dining plan we will be eating junk all week. The dining plan guarantees, I'll get one sit down meal every day!
If you are staying at a value resort you get the quick service dining plan free which means 2 quick service meals. No sit down meal unless you pay the difference between quick service and the regular plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter