• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Code watch February 2017

My rep did it, but it was barely worth calling. Only saved $400 on a week at the Beach Club. Not even 10%.

So would you guys think it's worth it? We booked Carribbean beach for a week, and no dining.

16 min and counting! I had the Haunted Mansion music a few minutes ago which was lovely!

30 minutes and counting. My poor lady she is with guest services now. She can not get my room at Pop to go through. Just happy to be getting a discount and some good music.

I did room-only for the Beach Club rates. Our stay extends past March 7 (arriving March 4) and perhaps the discount ends instead of continuing for the full stay? But yeah - not a huge discount. The phone rep seemed surprised too. I am calling again (ugh) because I just got to work and want to see what it is for SPD. We could add the dining plan if it's super discounted.

I just got the room only discount for POP century for 2/5-2/11. My previous total with tax was $903 and now it is $814 including tax. So about a 10% savings. Wish it would have been free dining, but I'll take any savings I can get. The rep said I did not have to pay with my Disney Visa Card to get the discount.

When you called, what did ask for? You wanted to book with the hidden discount?
I'm so lost, didn't sleep yet, and mommy brain is finally kicking in.

I called and asked if there were any discounts available for Disney Visa Cardholders during my stay.

I was just coming on to admit my "duh" moment and respond that I am guessing it's the Disney visa discount lol.
Thank you!

I was just coming on to admit my "duh" moment and respond that I am guessing it's the Disney visa discount lol.
Thank you!
Not sure of your exact dates in Feb but it looks like rack rate was $248 and discount makes it $213. I don't see any availability in standard rooms so this rate is preferred, room only, discount.

Not sure of your exact dates in Feb but it looks like rack rate was $248 and discount makes it $213. I don't see any availability in standard rooms so this rate is preferred, room only, discount.
Any idea about Wilderness Lodge discounts?

I just got off the phone. Was changing a one night only reservation on 2/19/17. This will be our first night of the trip, then moving to Beach Club Villas. Originally booked All Star Movies, but wanted to switch to a moderate. Room only discount on All Star Movies was only 10%. Room only on Port Orleans Riverside was 10% and only Garden View room available. Discount at Coronado Springs was 20% and standard room available. Ended up booking Coronado Springs - not my favorite but it's fine, really just wanted to switch to Queen beds. Cost me $37 more than original reservation at All Star Movies. Port Orleans would have been $95 more, to stay at All Star Movies would have been $19 less. Phone call took 45 min including 28 minutes of hold time.

I just got off the phone. Was changing a one night only reservation on 2/19/17. This will be our first night of the trip, then moving to Beach Club Villas. Originally booked All Star Movies, but wanted to switch to a moderate. Room only discount on All Star Movies was only 10%. Room only on Port Orleans Riverside was 10% and only Garden View room available. Discount at Coronado Springs was 20% and standard room available. Ended up booking Coronado Springs - not my favorite but it's fine, really just wanted to switch to Queen beds. Cost me $37 more than original reservation at All Star Movies. Port Orleans would have been $95 more, to stay at All Star Movies would have been $19 less. Phone call took 45 min including 28 minutes of hold time.
Wow! Only 10% off at POR?!? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter