• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM Spouse/Guest Pass Entry & FP+ Questions

joules12

Mouseketeer
Hoping some seasoned CMs can help me out here as the more I've been reading on-line and via The Hub, the more confused I've become!

My husband is a CM (not CP) -- he has a MEP, I have a Spouse Pass and we have 3 guest passes (plus comp passes). We were under the impression that my entrance into WDW would be through one of our guest passes (with the other two being used for our two daughters). But after reading through the CM Admissions Policy that I found on The Hub, I'm questioning that. Am I reading correctly -- that I can enter using my SP and bring 3 guests with me (two daughters and my mother) AND, as long as he enters after me, my husband can self-admit using his MEP? This seems too good to be true.

Assuming that it IS too good to be true and we will enter as husband (MEP), me (guest pass #1), two daughters (guest passes #3 and #4)...another question! Within MDE, we linked my husband's MEP to his profile and the system automatically prompted us to link my SP to my profile...the system then also shows our 3 guest passes. When selecting FP+ in MDE, would he select the FP+ for me using my name (since I do have a SP linked to me) OR using the guest pass name (since that's what I'll actually be entering the park on)?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Edit for wrong information. So sorry. Seems the card works different then a friend lead me to believe.

Last edited:
Wow, that's great -- this is an even better benefit that we had thought (and it already was a great benefit). Thanks for the details, @wilkeliza !

10 year cast member here.Unfortunately your husband can only bring in 3 other guests including you even though you have the spousal pass.It's a shame it doesn't work separately for spousal and maingate passes but it's been that way for years.As far as MDE and fp + I just use my guest passes for hubby since he's included in the three 3 I can bring.Hope this helps!!Have a groovy day!!:hippie:

Just know the main entrance passes are subject to black out dates so just make sure when you plan on going that the park is not blacked out. Most common are some weekends at MK during the summer, some weekends at Epcot during Food and Wine and the holiday weeks so Christmas to New Years and Easter. Thanksgiving at least has 1 park not blacked out.

Just know the main entrance passes are subject to black out dates so just make sure when you plan on going that the park is not blacked out. Most common are some weekends at MK during the summer, some weekends at Epcot during Food and Wine and the holiday weeks so Christmas to New Years and Easter. Thanksgiving at least has 1 park not blacked out.

Yup! This has already influenced our trip dates since last year had so many blackout dates in MK (3 yo girls = lots MK time this trip)...I know there may not be as many this year, but we didn't want to take a chance.

Edit for wrong information. So sorry. Seems the card works different then a friend lead me to believe.

10 year cast member here.Unfortunately your husband can only bring in 3 other guests including you even though you have the spousal pass.It's a shame it doesn't work separately for spousal and maingate passes but it's been that way for years.As far as MDE and fp + I just use my guest passes for hubby since he's included in the three 3 I can bring.Hope this helps!!Have a groovy day!!:hippie:

Just asked someone I know and PopCenturyPrincess is right. I adjust my original. It seems the spouse pass does not allow self admit privileges. Sorry for the misinformation. When I was a CM our manager said the spouse pass does allow self admit so I guess he was confused.

No problem, @wilkeliza -- thanks for checking into it further! As I mentioned, that actually seemed too good to be true! (just wish the info on The Hub was a bit clearer, as I hadn't even considered it to be a possibility until I read through the policy) Thanks @PopCenturyPrincess for the details -- I'll just have hubs (well, me logging in as him) book my FP+ under one of the three guest passes in MDE.

Cut and paste off "The HUB".

Using your Spouse/Domestic Partner Pass, if applicable

 The spouse/domestic partner may use his/her Spouse/Domestic Partner Pass to admit Guest(s) into the park with or without the presence of the Employee.

 The spouse/domestic partner may not admit him/herself into an eligible Disney Theme Park after the Employee has already entered the park with Guest(s).

 The Employee may self-admit himself/herself into an eligible Disney Theme Park on the same day that the spouse/domestic partner enters with Guest(s).

Thanks, @FastPasser. What you posted is what I had read in the Admissions Policy on The Hub...and what made me question things. Reading this is what led me to believe that perhaps I could enter using my SP and bring 3 guests with me (two daughters and my mother) AND THEN, as long as he enters after me, my husband could self-admit using his MEP. These details from The Hub seem to indicate that, but it sounds like that hasn't been the experience for other CMs here. I'm thinking that I may just need to call Disney directly to clarify.

I have done exactly that a number of times. My wife has entered with up to three guests, and then I enter on my own for a total of 5 people. Sequencing is important.
This is interesting to hear.Perhaps they have changed the policy.Now in doubting my original reply.:sad2:

For the past 30 years I have done it the same way that fast passers said. I enter (spouse) with 3 guests, then my husband (cm) enters on his own.

No problem, @wilkeliza -- thanks for checking into it further! As I mentioned, that actually seemed too good to be true! (just wish the info on The Hub was a bit clearer, as I hadn't even considered it to be a possibility until I read through the policy) Thanks @PopCenturyPrincess for the details -- I'll just have hubs (well, me logging in as him) book my FP+ under one of the three guest passes in MDE.
FP-wise, book FP for all 5 passes. You can always Modify them later.

This is interesting. My boyfriend is a CM and we're not married yet. I have 3 kids so unless he uses a comp pass, one child doesn't come! Hahaha It would be nice in the future once we are married if I can enter with a spouse card and then get my 3 kids in as well.

Me again! We're headed back this November and I have another question, in light of this spring's FP/ticket entry "tightening up." I just want to make sure I'm entering the park on the correct ticket media and, in turn, that we are connecting our FP selections to the correct ticket media. Our FP selection day (on-site stay) is Wednesday, so I figured I had better get this sorted out!

{I want to preface this by saying that we've read through all relevant documentation on The Hub, yet we STILL are 100% clear and don't want to get flagged while trying to use any of our Fast Passes}

This trip will only be my CM husband and me (no children/guests). He has a MEP (linked to him in MDE), I have a Spouse Pass (linked to me in MDE) and we have 3 guest passes.
1) Like last year, I assume that he will enter with his MEP and I will have to enter behind him with a Guest Pass (NOT my Spouse Pass), correct?
2) Given this entry scenario (assuming it's correct!)...When selecting FP in MDE, we should have our party set as my husband + one of the Guest Passes (instead of husband + me), correct?
3) At that point, we will tap his MEP and that Guest Pass at all FP entry points and our MagicBands will purely be resort-based purposes, correct?
4) At that point, my Spouse Pass will not be used during this trip except for merchandise discounts OR if I decide enter a park one day without my husband (assuming we haven't already entered together that day), correct?

I know we could set our FP party as my husband, me and all 3 guest passes to cover our bases, but we don't want to unnecessarily tie up FPs that we won't use (especially for rides like FOP or 7DMT) AND we don't want to accidentally screw up what we use to tap in at a FP entry and get flagged.

Thanks!

Hi @joules12 ! I know this is an old thread but I have the same questions as your above post, and wondered how you got on with your trip?

We're going to WDW in May 2020. My partner has a MEP and I have yet to request a spouse pass - I don't think I will need to use it as we'll always go together anyway. We also won't have the passes for long as he's not a permanent employee (ILM Vancouver).

My plan is to use one of his 3 guest passes, the only thing is - I really would love to use a magic band (My last visit to WDW was in the paper-pass days!) 😂 and know we can't link one to a guest pass. Can I still order a magic band and use it to access our hotel room and pay for things? I'm assuming my partner would have to use his band to pay if we wanted a discount though... Or does he just need to show the company ID card and I can pay myself?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter