• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Clump" Ettiquite.

Mooglelord

The Half-crazed poet who likes doughnuts!
Hello everyone!

Ok so, in the show I'm in (ensemble member) at breaks, people go into clumps to talk (most have been in shows together before.) At my school at break, people go into clumps to talk.
It's not that people are mean,it's just that I don't know what to do.
I semi awkward around people and a bit-shy. Low self-confidence with people who don't come up and say Hi to me. Is it polite to go to a clump and listen? Or is that "breaking in" to a conversation? I would really appreciate some advice. :)

Its always an awkward situation to be in I agree. Do you know any of them from school or outside the show? Even just by appearance? If so then approach them then and strike up a conversation even if its just: "Oh hi! aren't you in_?" Or just start talking before or after. Its scary I know, but you can do it! :hug:

Don't worry, I know how hard it is to break into a group of friends at school. Of course it isn't rude to go and start chatting to a group... I'm sure they'll actually be pleased.
I find it hard to go up to a group too... quite intimidating! Maybe get someone you particularly like to chat to you and include you in their group.
Good luck! :hug:

I used to have this problem when I was in Orchestra in middle school. NONE of my friends were in Advanced Orchestra. There were a few in beginning Orchestra, but it was a different period. There was this group of friends that I liked but I wasn't a part of. They'd talk to me when I talked to them but they never sought me out. It was always so awkward because it was my lunch period too and they let me sit by them but if I didn't I would have had no where to go. I hardly knew anyonew and there were mean girls too. Now that I'm a freshmen and in another class, I still have the mean girls, but ir's my first class and I have one friend in that class. Plus the directors keep us busier.

But I just wanted to say that there's other people that have this clump problem. If I didn't have my friends I don't know whst I would do.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! :goodvibes
Thankfully, I have some friends I can talk and thanks for answering my question about if it's polite to join a clump to talk.
Have a nice day! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter