Club Villain Watch Thread-2017

Might as well take advantage of the Club Villain character M&G sets, they're all still there.
I know it's only for Photopass Day, but it would be really cool if they kept the Villain meet and greet around for the Halloween season. I think it would draw people to Hollywood Studios.

I swore that when I emailed guest relations they told me it would be going on and gave me a list of the dates but I deleted the email. I tried emailing them again and now they just say no dates have been set but to keep watching the disney blog website. So confused.

I swore that when I emailed guest relations they told me it would be going on and gave me a list of the dates but I deleted the email. I tried emailing them again and now they just say no dates have been set but to keep watching the disney blog website. So confused.
I recently called a castmember to ask about something else, and expressed disappointment over Club Villain not returning this year. The castmember's direct response was, "that's not what I understand". 2 weeks prior, toward the end of July, I asked a castmember about CV coming around back for the Halloween season this year. She said, "Put it this way, I'm 99.5% sure that it will". She also told me to look for it "closer to October".
Now that doesn't mean anything. Castmembers aren't infallible, 99.5% is not 100, and we've still seen no credible evidence for a CV return.

It makes me wonder though. Maybe they planned on bringing it back, and then axed the idea. Or maybe they're still planning on bringing it back, just not this Fall.

I recently called a castmember to ask about something else, and expressed disappointment over Club Villain not returning this year. The castmember's direct response was, "that's not what I understand". 2 weeks prior, toward the end of July, I asked a castmember about CV coming around back for the Halloween season this year. She said, "Put it this way, I'm 99.5% sure that it will". She also told me to look for it "closer to October".
Now that doesn't mean anything. Castmembers aren't infallible, 99.5% is not 100, and we've still seen no credible evidence for a CV return.

It makes me wonder though. Maybe they planned on bringing it back, and then axed the idea. Or maybe they're still planning on bringing it back, just not this Fall.

That was the same with the tweet I received telling us to wait but I won't be there for October (aside from Oct 1st) so I'll be so sad if they do bring it back once I've gone. It's kind of turned into the MNSSHP FP dilemma everyone getting different or a variation of information.

I hope you guys are right.

The problem is though, as it's been stated previously in this thread - there's been no casting call for any of the villain characters and the building itself isn't actually in use to house Club Villain.

I was told over the phone that it wouldn't be back this year. So that's all I can go off.

I hope you guys are right.

The problem is though, as it's been stated previously in this thread - there's been no casting call for any of the villain characters and the building itself isn't actually in use to house Club Villain.

I was told over the phone that it wouldn't be back this year. So that's all I can go off.
Without the Emcee (and why has his name left my head?!?, I can hear Dr. Facilier saying it. Cyro? No, that's not it), the DJ and the Dancers it wouldn't be much of a Club Villain, that's for sure. I'm sorry to those that are counting on it but those phone CM just are not correct.
I mean, they have friends available to portray the villain but it's the others they haven't cast.

I lost hope at the end of July, and I wasn't trying to whip up the rumor mill by sharing that info. I was just speculating that maybe it will come back in the more distant future, while also wondering if they may have originally intended to bring it back this year.

I believe the Club manager's name was Kaanzo (not sure about spelling).

My new hope is that they'll keep the PhotoPass Day Villain meet and greet at Sunset Showcase for the entire Halloween season. That would be rad.

I lost hope at the end of July, and I wasn't trying to whip up the rumor mill by sharing that info. I was just speculating that maybe it will come back in the more distant future, while also wondering if they may have originally intended to bring it back this year.

I believe the Club manager's name was Kaanzo (not sure about spelling).

My new hope is that they'll keep the PhotoPass Day Villain meet and greet at Sunset Showcase for the entire Halloween season. That would be rad.
That does sound right!

Without the Emcee (and why has his name left my head?!?, I can hear Dr. Facilier saying it. Cyro? No, that's not it), the DJ and the Dancers it wouldn't be much of a Club Villain, that's for sure. I'm sorry to those that are counting on it but those phone CM just are not correct.
I mean, they have friends available to portray the villain but it's the others they haven't cast.
Many dancers are trained for multiple roles. They may be dancing elsewhere now, and could be pulled back to CV.

Not to pile on, but here's another couple of nails in the CV coffin. The department that, except for providing the entertainment, puts on CV is extremely busy. In addition to the hundreds of private events and parties coming up in the next 4 months, they also are very busy with the F&WF, the JBJB dessert parties, FEA dessert parties, SW dessert parties, and to a lesser extent, the MNSSHP and the MVMCP.

Last edited:
Fact remains, they have not cast for this event. It is not happening.
I think you are likely correct, but just pointing out that they could likely cast for it very quickly, should they choose to bring it back. My DD is a dancer and could learn the material for it in a couple of rehearsals max.

Not to pile on, but here's another couple of nails in the CV coffin. The department that, except for providing the entertainment, puts on CV is extremely busy. In addition to the hundreds of private event and parties coming up in the next 4 months, they also are very busy with the F&WF, the JBJB dessert parties, FEA dessert parties, SW dessert parties, and to a lesser extent, the MNSSHP and the MVMCP.

Aside from the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party, weren't all those things also going on last year around the same time as CV? I doubt the Frozen Party would really sway much, based on what I've heard about it.

That being said, I agree that CV is not in the cards for Fall 2017.

Aside from the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party, weren't all those things also going on last year around the same time as CV? I doubt the Frozen Party would really sway much
Yes, they were but it's going to be busier this year. If I recall correctly, the PEO department was spread a little thin last year. Also, the F&WF has been extended. The SW dessert party was only four days a week last Oct and Nov. The Illuminations party was on a reduced schedule in Nov. And I thought I read that there are more Halloween and or Christmas parties at MK this year. So it's a bunch of little things that will make it a bit of a challenge. It's not that it couldn't be done, they would find a way, but why take on an event that took a lot of effort for marginal return?

Yes, they were but it's going to be busier this year. If I recall correctly, the PEO department was spread a little thin last year. Also, the F&WF has been extended. The SW dessert party was only four days a week last Oct and Nov. The Illuminations party was on a reduced schedule in Nov. And I thought I read that there are more Halloween and or Christmas parties at MK this year. So it's a bunch of little things that will make it a bit of a challenge. It's not that it couldn't be done, they would find a way, but why take on an event that took a lot of effort for marginal return?
That makes sense. I figured the CV decision probably was all about the dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter