Club Villain Watch Thread-2017

Thank you for starting this! I've been wondering how I was going to keep up with news about new Club Villain dates. I've been dying to do this since it was first announced, but the dates were at times when we can't vacation due to school. But, this year my parents are flying in to watch our kids so DH and I can go on our first ever kid free vacation to Disney in October. I was so excited about the possibility of CV that we added a day and will be missing DS's soccer game so we can go. I'm feeling some guilt over missing his game, but I ❤️ the villains and I may never get this chance again! Now Disney just has to announce that it's happening and when!

This is our first Disney trip. I took one when I was in 2nd grade, (I'm 37 now!) and my 11 year old son has never been. Neither of us has ever been big Disney fans but then I heard about the VILLAINS! So like you, I am excited about all things villain. I am starting to realize that my son is secretly excited about ALL Disney things. :P

Has anyone ever seen toddlers in there? My two aren't spooked by much (been to disney every 6 months since birth. lol) and this is the last trip where they are free so I want to live it up a bit. My husband and I did the villains event inside the castle during our babymoon which we loved.

Has anyone ever seen toddlers in there? My two aren't spooked by much (been to disney every 6 months since birth. lol) and this is the last trip where they are free so I want to live it up a bit. My husband and I did the villains event inside the castle during our babymoon which we loved.
My 9 year old was one of the younger ones there when we went in a December, but that might not be the norm. I think it might be a little overwhelming for a toddler. There is smoke and light effects and loud music ... the Viilians are not particularly scary though. Obviously, totally depends on the individual kid and you know best!

i'm still on the fence on this because of DD age 10. its expensive and she doesn't do well in large crowds/loud noise BUT she LOVESS the villains. Hopefully if Disney does announce this, its something I can wait on until we're much closer and see where she's at. :)
We got a TiW discount, which brought the tickets down to $99. As for the crowds and noise, it's similar to a wedding reception.

I have a solo trip planned for the fall, and am wondering what the seating is like at this event? I'm picturing big round tables like at wedding receptions, and I don't think I'd feel very comfortable attending by myself if that is the case. Or are there smaller tables and I could be seated by myself if that's my preference? I know I'm going to MNSSHP, and I may not do both events due to my limited time...but I've heard great things about this event.

I have a solo trip planned for the fall, and am wondering what the seating is like at this event? I'm picturing big round tables like at wedding receptions, and I don't think I'd feel very comfortable attending by myself if that is the case. Or are there smaller tables and I could be seated by myself if that's my preference? I know I'm going to MNSSHP, and I may not do both events due to my limited time...but I've heard great things about this event.

Actually, there's tables of four, nothing bigger. I think you would probably still be seated by yourself to begin with, but people seemed to move around a lot.

Wife and I went to Club Villain last year and we were seated with another couple at a small table for four. They were nice, it was a little awkward being so close.

They may seat you by yourself but if the event is sold out or close to full they will probably seat you with a party of 2 or 3, and being quite small tables that would be awkward, at least to me. We were a party of three by ourselves and barely had enough room for us

As others have mentioned, the tables are small and seat up to four people. You may be seated with others, and definitely will be seated with others if the date/time you attend sells out. The first time I went was with my DH and DD, and we had a table to ourselves with one empty seat. The second time, my DD and I were a party of two and we were seated with another party of two. I don't mind being seated with others - the couple was really friendly - but the tables are so small that it definitely was a little awkward trying not to be in "their" space with our plates, drinks, etc. That wouldn't stop me from going back or recommending it to others, though.

We have been twice as a party of 2 and were seated with a single once and another party of 2 once so plan to be seated with another party. Everyone was friendly and cordial but its really loud so there isn't much talking anyway. If your uncomfortable there are a few high top tables you could stand at once your done eating.

i'm still on the fence on this because of DD age 10. its expensive and she doesn't do well in large crowds/loud noise BUT she LOVESS the villains. Hopefully if Disney does announce this, its something I can wait on until we're much closer and see where she's at. :)
Definitely do not wait to purchase if it's offered again. It WILL sell out. Better to book and cancel than risk missing out.

what is the food served there? is it buffet?

It is a buffet. There are photos of the menu and some food items in this DIS review.

Definitely do not wait to purchase if it's offered again. It WILL sell out. Better to book and cancel than risk missing out.

I agree, I wouldn't wait to purchase the tickets. Several of the shows in January didn't sell out, but I wouldn't risk it. You can always cancel and get a refund (I think the cancellation period on this was 24 hours) if you decide not to go.

Edited to add: Yep, I just looked up my e-mail confirmation from last year. "There is a 1 day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged / forfeited if Guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation."

HA you would think I would've read what I posted. It was one of those days! :duck: I asked DD about this last night and at the moment she's not on board because the 'club music will be too loud'. Then again she changes her mind with the breeze, so hopefully we have time before they post for sale and then it'll be go or no. :)

Hi guys! We did the Villains Sinister Soirée at MK in the castle back in 2013 during a MNSSHP, and it was our very favorite Disney experience *ever.* Based on the reviews, it sounds similar so we would enjoy this.

Question...we were planning on doing the Star Wars Dessert Party on our HS night. Obviously we can't do both parties. But what is the timing of Club Villain in relation to the Star Wars fireworks, Fantasmic, etc.?

Hi guys! We did the Villains Sinister Soirée at MK in the castle back in 2013 during a MNSSHP, and it was our very favorite Disney experience *ever.* Based on the reviews, it sounds similar so we would enjoy this.

Question...we were planning on doing the Star Wars Dessert Party on our HS night. Obviously we can't do both parties. But what is the timing of Club Villain in relation to the Star Wars fireworks, Fantasmic, etc.?

They had a 515 and a 815 seating each night, if I recall correctly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter