Club Level

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
So we just returned from the Polynesian in a club level room. It was our first ti e staying club level and now we can’t go back without it. We try a new resort every trip but with club level now we are okay repeating resorts. What club level resort would you choose as your favorite based on the food and drink offerings they have in the lounge? We didnt sit up there too much as we had a water view on the first floor and usually enjoyed our patio so the seating options in the lounge aren’t a factor to us.

So we just returned from the Polynesian in a club level room. It was our first ti e staying club level and now we can’t go back without it. We try a new resort every trip but with club level now we are okay repeating resorts. What club level resort would you choose as your favorite based on the food and drink offerings they have in the lounge? We didnt sit up there too much as we had a water view on the first floor and usually enjoyed our patio so the seating options in the lounge aren’t a factor to us.
There is a thread that is specific to club level only. Ask on there, you will get more info!

Love Coronado club level ! Animal kingdom lodge club level isn’t our favorite because our son has a nut allergy and there wasn’t much for him . It’s very dark in that lounge too .
Agree. We’re at AKL CL right now after a 15 year absence. We are not impressed with the offerings at all, and while we have a great view of the savanna - so many animals!, it doesn’t make up for being so far removed. CMs have been great & the hotel is beautiful, but I’m remembering why I said never again all those years ago.

Not with the GF refurb currently underway, but otherwise I don't think any CL can top the Royal Palm Club.

It's been several years since we last stayed there, but we were so accustomed to the RPC that we found WL CL pretty skimpy in comparison. The RPC had about twice the variety of foods and afternoon tea goodies besides breakfast, midday snacks and evening munchies.

But, we're also huge fans of the GF which likely influenced our reaction to WL's CL.

I've known others who'd stayed RPC and other CLs who agreed that the RPC is much better.

I find Poly an entitled disaster the last few years. Wilderness Lodge CL seems most peaceful. BWI has great staff and
food for most people's tastes. AKL can be a hike from the room, only to find big crowds. I like AKL's food though. Chronos is a good value. Beautiful lounge and I've never had seating or guest issues. I don't love the nightly apps. Might be time for an appetizer update. I haven't been to YC/BC or RPC since pandemic. I don't have a favorite -- I'm a Club Level Nomad!:drinking:

If you continue on with your CL journey, you’ll see they all have subtle differences. Poly was our first true CL love (just fit of overall vacation style so well when kids were younger) and it took awhile to eventually branch out, but we did. Just like all resorts have pros and cons, so do their CLs. Some have good lounge views, some not so much. Some have rooms close to the lounge, some can be a hike. Some get pretty crowded, some handle crowds better. Food is all variations of a similar theme but some pretty big differences resort to resort. Plus things change over time.

Personally I rank Poly CL as pretty low on the food/beverage options at the moment - just not sure I care for their current menu and tiny plates. Most of the other CLs generally have slightly more hearty/abundant options, in my opinion.

Poly is one of our least favorites. (The view was great, but the other guests were less than ideal. Food was so-so. price tends to be very high.) It is favored by others though, so it might always be your favorite!

Otherwise I'd say they all have pros and cons. In some ways, they are all similar. We will happily stay at any of them. Breakfast is somewhat similar across all of them. Though food offerings change over time. Right now, breakfast offerings are probably the most diverse they have been going back 10+ years. Mid-day offerings are also similar across all of them. Appetizers is when they are most diverse, though again, there is also some similarity in offerings. Like they all have beer, wine similar canned soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. They all tend to have the apples that aren't great. (Though on our last visit CR only put out tangerines after breakfast and packaged grapes that were not great.)

Desserts are desserts, but I suppose there is some considerable variety in what each one offers. They do tend to all offer desserts in small portions, so you can taste multiple desserts. Some now have ice cream bars.

I think just about all have water on tap, but only Gran Destino offers bottled water. At least I think that is the current situation. The WDW don't tend to give out bottled water, but sometimes if you ask a CM they might be able to give you one small bottle of water per person in your group.

Most do not have the kind of fireworks view that Poly has. CR has a view, but it is a bit off-centered. At WL, I think there is now also a partial view. I did not watch them from the lounge. BC, YC, AKL - no fireworks from lounge. Not sure about BWK, but I don't think it has a fireworks view. Some BWK rooms probably have at least a partial view of Epcot. Gran Destino has a nice view, GF main lounge has only a partial view. Downside of Gran Destino is no PM extra hours. Otherwise, it is a nice place.

The layout is a bit different at each. The time offerings are the same across all of them. Thay all have coffee 6:30, breakfast starts 7am, everything closed at 10pm.

The staff is somewhat variable. We've generally found the staff to be friendly at all, but we have some favorites. Again though, staff changes over time, especially the last few years.

I will also say the Universal CL's are also nice. They too are similar in many ways, but not clones of WDW or each other. Hard Rock probably has the least exiting food, but it is close to the parks, and has a fun energy. Portofino and Royal Pacific both have maybe a little better food. Those two tend to offer 'light dinner', but the Uni desserts aren't quite as nice as the WDW desserts. Portofino sometimes have nicer desserts the other two. None of them have the latte machines of WW, but they do have a nice selection of teas, and the regular coffee is better than WDW's regular coffee.

I tend to prefer variety from visit to visit. I don't really have one favorite. In terms of frequency, we've stayed at CR and BC more than other WDW CL's. It has been a combination of good rates and being able to walk to the parks, not really the lounge as to why we chose those. We are evenly split among the 3 Universal CL's, depends on where we get best rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter