Club Level Pixie Dust

Shanti

Momketeer
We checked into the Beach Club around 1am last night after an exhausting few days of work, school & home prep for vacation, and delayed travel. We had booked and paid for a standard room via our travel agent. Imagine our surprise to be told at check-in that we are staying concierge. Wow!

We have stayed at every deluxe resort, but never club level before. It's been wonderful. The cheerful & attentive service, including a handwritten welcome note from the concierge we'd talked to. The peaceful 5th floor & our spacious, beautiful resort room. The attractive, quiet lounge with its complimentary food that we used for a light breakfast & lunch. The cold drinks available 24 hours. It reminds me of a DCL cruise, how carefree & abundant it feels, & how good the service is. My son is gluten-free, and they have good offerings for him, too.

Darn it, Disney. You've got me. I think I'll be booking club level from now on.

We checked into the Beach Club around 1am last night after an exhausting few days of work, school & home prep for vacation, and delayed travel. We had booked and paid for a standard room via our travel agent. Imagine our surprise to be told at check-in that we are staying concierge. Wow!

We have stayed at every deluxe resort, but never club level before. It's been wonderful. The cheerful & attentive service, including a handwritten welcome note from the concierge we'd talked to. The peaceful 5th floor & our spacious, beautiful resort room. The attractive, quiet lounge with its complimentary food that we used for a light breakfast & lunch. The cold drinks available 24 hours. It reminds me of a DCL cruise, how carefree & abundant it feels, & how good the service is. My son is gluten-free, and they have good offerings for him, too.

Darn it, Disney. You've got me. I think I'll be booking club level from now on.

Wow, how exciting! We LOVE the BC CL. Now you won't be able to go back to a regular room. LOL. Hope you fully enjoy the rest of your stay there! Hint: get a glass of sparkling wine and mix in some of that Seabreeze Punch they put out in the afternoons. I call it the Beach Club Mimosa.

Enjoy the upgrade! After staying at BC Cl this last summer we will never stay anywhere else when we are at BC either!

Talk about pixie dust pixiedust: that's awesome soak it all in!! we did CL twice at WL once because we got picked to be flag family for the day which in turn the kids
begged to do it again. So next time I booked CL for the first couple of nights of our stay. They get you hooked until you see how much more CL is compared to
a standard room. You then have to debate in your head is the extra cost really worth it. Its definitely a brain teaser.....

Talk about pixie dust pixiedust: that's awesome soak it all in!! we did CL twice at WL once because we got picked to be flag family for the day which in turn the kids
begged to do it again. So next time I booked CL for the first couple of nights of our stay. They get you hooked until you see how much more CL is compared to
a standard room. You then have to debate in your head is the extra cost really worth it. Its definitely a brain teaser.....
Yes. For me it really helps that we can have breakfast and a light lunch via the lounge offerings. Since we'd be paying for those meals without the club level lounge, that helps with the price.

Yes. For me it really helps that we can have breakfast and a light lunch via the lounge offerings. Since we'd be paying for those meals without the club level lounge, that helps with the price.

Yes your right especially if you can get a bounceback or catch the summer discount. I caught the summer discount that year just was online at the right time. As you can tell by my signature we do
DVC villas so no upgrades. When something is wrong that needs correction they usually give us extra fastpasses or we find decorated cupcakes in our room. Definitely not Concierge
but will take what they give us.

Aha! So their plan worked! :)

They pulled a similar trick on me last year. One issue at a meal and they insisted on giving us a $100+ meal on the house. While the manager did this, he talked about what a great deal DVC was. Within a month we were members. Very sneaky and smart, Disney...

Great to get an upgrade. Nine trips on Disney property and not an upgrade to be seen. No complaints - we still had a fabulous time. :)

Last year we got upgraded from standard to club at the poly. We usually stay at pop because we come a lot, but we are at poly club level right now. So, their sneaky tactics work!

Congrats! What a nice surprise. How long is your stay? I can only dream about that happening when we check into WL Monday. But I think we have zero chance of CL upgrade for a 2 week stay lol!

Wonder what's going on at BC this week - my friend had the exact same thing happen today when she checked in! Had a WV room booked - hadn't receive the room-ready text at 6pm when she got to BC and was upgraded to CL. It's a GORGEOUS room. I'm drooling over her pictures!

Congrats! What a nice surprise. How long is your stay? I can only dream about that happening when we check into WL Monday. But I think we have zero chance of CL upgrade for a 2 week stay lol!
3 nights- it's a weekend getaway to celebrate the beginning of the school year.

Wonder what's going on at BC this week - my friend had the exact same thing happen today when she checked in!
I don't know. They must have had some cancellations, because I had tried to book our room as club level months ago, but there was no availability, so I just booked the standard room. Wondering if my travel agent had a hand in the upgrade...

I don't know. They must have had some cancellations, because I had tried to book our room as club level months ago, but there was no availability, so I just booked the standard room. Wondering if my travel agent had a hand in the upgrade...
I know my friend's travel agent didn't

Your giving the travel agent to much credit as no agent has that much pull in Disney. Just doesn't happen as they are a number just like you are when making a reservation for yourself. Friends of ours have
been working for Disney over 20 years last 12 as resort management. Reasons why an upgrade like that happens is a maintenance issue, event where your room type was needed or just plain pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter