Club Level Hard Rock or Portofino Bay?

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
I’m currently booked at hard rock hotel next fall for 4 nights in a club level room. Recent reviews of Hard Rock Club have made me nervous if this is the best choice. I want decent offerings in the lounge and warm breakfast foods. I’m considering switching to portofino bay club level. Which club level hotel would you recommend? Which room area is best to request if I do switch over to Portofino Bay? I ℒℴ𝓋ℯ the Italian theme at portofino bay and one of my favourite restaurants (La Trattoria) is there too. I don’t mind a boat ride. The biggest plus at hard rock was the closer location, but I’m fine with moving to Portofino Bay if it would be a better experience

From what I’ve read on here, PBH has more expansive club offerings compared to HRH and RP. We’ve stayed club at PBH and we easily made the evening offerings as our dinner and were full and satisfied. We felt the same with their breakfasts too as they always offered hot items such as an egg dish and breakfast potatoes. I know they’ve been renovating the club at PBH and would imagine it’ll reopen by the time you’re there. I would hope they’d keep the great various offerings but I guess nothing is guaranteed until we hear reviews from the newly reopened lounge. Club in PBH are in the deluxe rooms too so they are very spacious…. I believe 490 sq ft. The boat is easy to take and walking really isn’t bad if you’re up for it. If I remember correctly, I think it took us an average of 15 minutes and was often quicker than boating if we had to wait for the next boat.

HRH is a fantastic resort as well but we did not stay club there so I can’t comment on that. From your post, it sounds like you’re leaning towards PBH so that might be your best bet.

I asked my sister a few months back if she stayed at any of the universal express pass hotels and she said “I stayed at hard rock and royal pacific. Hard rock surprisingly sucked. Royal pacific is better” I didn’t ask her why but that doesn’t bode well for Hard Rock.

We have done Hard Rock,"Rock Royalty" aka Club level. I thought the offerings were just fine. My fav part of the resort is the pool and pool bar. We are staying at Portofino Bay in 2 weeks for 6 nights. We booked through "American Express Fine Resorts and Hotels" and part of that is a room upgrade upon check-in. From what I understand, the upgrade is Club level. Fingers crossed it is! Once we return, I will report back how it is compared to HRH.

I have done both and prefer PBH club because of the better breakfast (hot items) and the bigger rooms. I thought the club not being on the same level as the rooms would bother me but it does not.

We have done Hard Rock,"Rock Royalty" aka Club level. I thought the offerings were just fine. My fav part of the resort is the pool and pool bar. We are staying at Portofino Bay in 2 weeks for 6 nights. We booked through "American Express Fine Resorts and Hotels" and part of that is a room upgrade upon check-in. From what I understand, the upgrade is Club level. Fingers crossed it is! Once we return, I will report back how it is compared to HRH.
That would be wonderful if you could report on how you liked your stay!

Also have a club level stay in a month at PBH. Super excited, but does anyone know if they have kids friendly items there? Like applesauce pouches, uncrustables, yogurt, cheese, ect.

Also have a club level stay in a month at PBH. Super excited, but does anyone know if they have kids friendly items there? Like applesauce pouches, uncrustables, yogurt, cheese, ect.
I hope PB club has them, because RPR definitely has the uncrustables. Yogurt and cheese.

Last time we stayed club at PB they did not have uncrustables and applesauce etc. they had vegetables and dressing, chips, pastries from breakfast for mid afternoon snacks. We usually ate lunch in the parks so it didn’t really affect us. The club had great offerings for warm breakfast and what felt like a full dinner. Not kid Friendly food though. Everything had a sauce on it, which was yummy for me, did not work for my kids.

We were there 2 weeks ago with 3 kids. We liked the food, but they were pretty light on grab n go items. None at breakfast, but they had some granola bars mid day. Didn't see any uncrustables or apple sauce (would have grabbed them for my kids if I had). For kid-friendly food at breakfast, they had bread and pastries, fruit, yogurt and cheese, hard boiled eggs every day, and also lunch meat (My husband made himself a turkey sandwich at breakfast to take to the park. He doesn't like park food.). We loved the club food, I hope you have a great trip!

We have stayed club level at both. PBH has a bigger lounge and slightly wider food offering because of that (or did, anyway!). The rooms are bigger too. There are two disadvantages to PBH: the first is that it is a longer walk or boat ride to the parks, but we managed just fine using the boats mostly; walked back once. The second disadvantage is that the club lounge is on the ground floor but the rooms are elsewhere. This wasn’t really a problem for us as we would normally expect to go downstairs to a restaurant or bar in a hotel, so felt entirely “normal” in that respect.

So, bigger lounge and bigger rooms vs the two downsides of distance from parks and location of lounge. Each person will decide what matters most to them, but I’m sure you will have a fantastic stay whatever you decide.

Anyone know the hours of the club at PB? Wondering how breakfast works if you are doing early entry at the parks. I just added club lounge access to my December reservation in a minion suite.

Anyone know the hours of the club at PB? Wondering how breakfast works if you are doing early entry at the parks. I just added club lounge access to my December reservation in a minion suite.

• Complimentary coffee, assorted teas, and soft drinks throughout the day

• Continental breakfast served each morning (Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 10:30 am; Friday - Sunday 7:00 am - 11:00 am)

• Afternoon Break (12:00 pm - 3:30 pm)

• Hot & cold hors d'oeuvres and complimentary beer and wine (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)

• "Something Sweet" each night (8:00 pm - 9:30 pm)
Lounge open daily 7:00 am - 10:00 pm

• Complimentary coffee, assorted teas, and soft drinks throughout the day
    • Continental breakfast served each morning (Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 10:30 am; Friday - Sunday 7:00 am - 11:00 am)
    • Afternoon Break (12:00 pm - 3:30 pm)
    • Hot & cold hors d'oeuvres and complimentary beer and wine (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
    • "Something Sweet" each night (8:00 pm - 9:30 pm)
Lounge open daily 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Thanks!

has the new club lounge at PB opened yet? Our 1st 2 trips we had there were the Club lounge. On our last trip and upcoming trip we opted not to do the club lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter