Club Level at RPR versus PBH?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
I have a standard room booked at each for our trip next January, because we can’t decide between the two. We are only staying one night. It will be me, DH, and our 3 boys-triplets, age 9 when we go. My question is, is Club Level worth it from the sole perspective of the food? Will we save money eating there versus buying food for the 5 of us. Our kids do not eat a big lunch, and are snackers. Just wondering if we will find we don’t want to leave the park to go back to the resort to eat? Also, is one better than the other in terms of convenience? I know that PBH is a tad farther, but we are used to the size of the Polynesian rooms and I don’t think we’d be as happy in the smaller RPR room. Is Club level at Hard Rock worth considering?

Last edited:
I’ve done club at hrh and rph
Never club at PBH

I have looked at the threads and pictures posted for PBH club offerings
It all looked good

Breakfast offerings are very similar at all the club hotel lounges

Snacks at all 3 have similar items but some different offerings
Believe all have the crustables

Dinner hour and sweets/desserts are differ at each of the three
Base that on the pictures peeps have posted

I guess you could call the two hotels and ask concierge what they offerings could be

The hotels switch out to a different dinner weekly

When I say dinner, the offering spread is not meant to be the main dinner for the guests but appetizers and a few hot dishes
Basic salad items and dips, cold items and couple of hot items
Enough to take the hunger edge off of you and hold you over until you go out for dinner

I go solo on my long stays (2 weeks) onsite
I used to book club but it wasn’t worth it for me
It was not cost efficient as club was about $100 more per night

I always did breakfast and there would be times I did the appetizers in the evening or the dessert time periods

I did not feel the urge to leave the park just to do the 5:00 club food offerings
The times I did return for it was a bit of a drag to keep my eye on the clock just to return for it
After sampling what was out, I returned back to the park

For the days that the park closed at 7:00 or 8:00, there was not much sense to return to the parks for just 60-90 minutes

Some have pictures of the food offering at club in their trip report forums

I did not use the lounge to its fullest
Breakfast and bottles of water and morning coffee and a few evenings sampling was the extent of it

I get the turn down service and 2 water bottles each evening by being a platinum Loews member no matter where my room is
So club was nice but something I no longer book

For a one night stay? No.

I wouldn't want to leave the park to be back at the hotel just for food........

Like mac we stay for much longer periods, so can come and go to the parks as we please........but for a short stay as to whether it would be worth it not then I would say definitely not.

PBH you may not be close to the Club Lounge.......RPR you usually are very close.

Club level lounge at PBH is the main lobby level-that is considered the 3rd level. I am not sure what rooms are near by. We were in the hospitality wing a few floors up.

Last edited:
Club level at PBH is the main lobby level-that is considered the 3rd level. I am not sure what rooms are near by. We were in the hospitality wing a few floors up.
The lounge is close to the front desk area (just past the Bar American.)

If you really want at room close, you can probably ask when you check-in, but if you have Club access, you probably also have a deluxe room and probably a better view (bay or pool views) which you might be giving up to get a closer to the lounge room. And while, yes, you will most likely be farther away, you are still in the hotel and it isn't "that" much farther to walk. :) I was just in a West Wing suite which may well be the furthest you can be from the lounge, but I actually like that wing and the rooms there better than what I received in the other wings.

The lounge is close to the front desk area (just past the Bar American.)

If you really want at room close, you can probably ask when you check-in, but if you have Club access, you probably also have a deluxe room and probably a better view (bay or pool views) which you might be giving up to get a closer to the lounge room. And while, yes, you will most likely be farther away, you are still in the hotel and it isn't "that" much farther to walk. :) I was just in a West Wing suite which may well be the furthest you can be from the lounge, but I actually like that wing and the rooms there better than what I received in the other wings.

Thanks for the info -- very helpful. I guess I was having difficulty thinking of it as 'club level' since our only point of comparison is the club level at RPR where most club rooms are on the same floor as the club lounge so it was really convenient to bounce between our room and the club. Sounds like the PBR club rooms can be anywhere, not necessarily adjacent to the club lounge which is fine with us since we have no problem walking. We are also DVC members at Disney's Boardwalk Villas and laugh at people who complain about the long walk from the elevators to some of the rooms at the resort, like the extra 60-90 seconds is anything compared to the several miles you can walk at one of the theme parks.

Thanks for the info -- very helpful. I guess I was having difficulty thinking of it as 'club level' since our only point of comparison is the club level at RPR where most club rooms are on the same floor as the club lounge so it was really convenient to bounce between our room and the club. Sounds like the PBR club rooms can be anywhere, not necessarily adjacent to the club lounge which is fine with us since we have no problem walking. We are also DVC members at Disney's Boardwalk Villas and laugh at people who complain about the long walk from the elevators to some of the rooms at the resort, like the extra 60-90 seconds is anything compared to the several miles you can walk at one of the theme parks.

It could be our familiarity with BWV, but I think the hallways at PBR are a little longer. But not as long as Kidani. Nothing is as long as Kidani.

In general Club Level is never worth it (break even or discount) for the cost of the food, or else everyone would do it. It’s usually only worth it when you factor in the convenience, and the monetary value of time saved.

Sometimes you do get some quirky calculations (extra % discount on the club room over a regular room) where you can save real money, but it’s rare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter