Club 33 was a major disappointment.

In thinking about contacting our sponsor, it is a corporate sponsor through another company that my husband works with (not his company). It is not a direct access, we had to go through about 5 people and never did speak with them directly (it was a formal process through email). I am not entirely certain how to even contact them, nor am I sure if they would even care or do anything about our experience. Thoughts?

In thinking about contacting our sponsor, it is a corporate sponsor through another company that my husband works with (not his company). It is not a direct access, we had to go through about 5 people and never did speak with them directly (it was a formal process through email). I am not entirely certain how to even contact them, nor am I sure if they would even care or do anything about our experience. Thoughts?

I would contact them. Maybe they can relay your message on to management (just for feedback) and/or get you in again.

My suggestion would be to start by sending them the letter. The issue will be the Club will go back to them with this, so it is best to start with them, instead of letting them find out from the Club.

I would send an email to them.

I had same experience as far as customer service. Took forever to get drinks. Service sucked and manager couldnt wait for everyone to leave. It was a buffet service and the food was great as well as college servers putting it on plates. The rest were snobby. If I had the money would nit pay for membership!

I'm so sorry you had a less then magical experience! I visited for lunch a few months back, and had a wonderful experience. Yes, the hosts, seaters etc...are incredibly stiff, but our waiter was very friendly and engaging, and we had a truly pleasant experience all in all. It came out to about $350 for two, but was well worth it!

We had a similar experience the last time we were there. We were rushed through dinner by an apathetic waiter.

I wonder if it was the same server. Hopefully, if it was, with enough comments they can do something about it.

It's crazy expensive, the food is reviewed as anywhere from "Good" to "sub-par". I have never read a review that says it's the best meal they have ever had, and for that money, it had better be.

My pasta with pesto was incredible. DH felt the same about the truffle mac&cheese (he ate my portion of that and I ate his portion of pesto). The macaroons were to die for; I think I've had dreams about them. And it was, hands down, THE best mai tai I've ever had.

I have a friend who isn't even a Disney fan, and he was invited for some company thing. He is a serious foodie, to the point where they grow every veggie/fruit they eat at home, and they can/jar, and spend a LOT of time creating incredible meals for themselves. Their wedding rehearsal dinner was at a high end steakhouse. The man knows his food. And he said his steak was among the best he has ever had.

So now you've read some better reviews.

If you think about the cost as being the cost of a one day ticket for each person, and know that they used to give said ticket with the reservation (still sort of do, it's just limited so if you don't need it or if your sponsor is out of them, you don't get that), maybe the cost makes more sense to you?

It was a live tour, but you wear headphones, and the guide speaks into the microphone during the tour. But she would pause often and play recordings, like of Walt Disney speaking, or other people. That was the inaudible part.

Maybe our guide was just a dud. :rolleyes1

I hope you gave feedback!

You are several "degrees of separation" away from the corporate member, who likely makes a large number of reservations.
In your situation, I would just write the a letter directly to the Club 33 Restaurant Manager.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter