Clothing for Thanksgiving week trip...shorts? jeans?

How's the packing going everyone? The forecast is looking a little rainy for Tuesday & Wednesday...

oh my! Thursday and Friday look quite chilly! So I've added a few long sleeved shirts to our suitcases and because of the forecasted rain, our teen boys are packing an extra pair of tennis shoes, in case they get soaked. They will have a dry pair to wear.

The weather definitely is all over the board next week!! lol

It's looking to be cool Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat this week. Highs in the 50s and 60s. If it was me, I'd be in jeans and a t-shirt with a hoodie in tow.

It was 85, hot and HUMID today. We live in VA so we are not completely new to the humidity - but it got us. My daughter even fainted in EoS today, right in line at the counter - a first and VERY scary event for us. The forecast was heavy on certain thunderstorms but we didn't see one raindrop. You never can tell what the weather will do - just watch it daily and try to be prepared.

It was 85, hot and HUMID today. We live in VA so we are not completely new to the humidity - but it got us. My daughter even fainted in EoS today, right in line at the counter - a first and VERY scary event for us. The forecast was heavy on certain thunderstorms but we didn't see one raindrop. You never can tell what the weather will do - just watch it daily and try to be prepared.

Hope your daughter is ok!

Came back a few days ago from a 6 day trip where we used the pool on 3 days and 2 others where we wore jeans and sweatshirts plus a windbreaker. One day it never got out of the 40s. Out of our 6 trips this time of year it was the only one where it got that cold. Usually we only needed the jeans and jacket 1 day and a few nights. This trip for the first time we were looking for inside attractions to get out of the cold one day;)

I was there that time of year a couple years ago and we wore shorts and short sleeves most of the time. We're from Kentucky and winter has started early here the last couple years ... it was 12* this week... so it felt really warm to us but it was a bit chilly in the mornings some days but it's often like this in the spring too. I'd probably just take a light jacket for the mornings unless your one of those people who is always cold. It's usually very pleasant by about 9 or 10am this time of year down there and can get pretty warm ... even in the 80s some days... down there in the afternoons. Enjoy your trip and I hope this is helpful I'm going down the week after Christmas and may try to where shorts haha hopefully it'll be at least warmer than here.

We flew back today, we were there the 15th to 23rd. The first two days were warm enough for shorts and swimming, not uncomfortably hot, just felt good since we're from Chicago. The third day was warm but we got drenched at HS and spent the night at the hotel. The next day was FREEZING. The kids and I wore hats and gloves we brought and each of us bought sweatshirts (along with just about everyone else) to wear under the sweatshirts/jackets we brought. The next day still required jeans and jackets, but the next couple days were warm enough for capris, although it really did get cold at night. I wore jeans yesterday and was a little warm during the day because it was so humid and drizzly, but by nighttime was glad I had worn them. I regret not packing more pants, I had plenty of capris and shorts that I never wore.

This will be my 5th Thanksgiving at WDW. I tend to be cold in the morning (layered up), at some point during the afternoon I will get a little warm and take off a layer or two. And then at night it gets COLD again!

I'm from the midwest so I understand cold, and I've learned to pack for Thanksgiving week as it can be a cold one even for me.:santa:

Hip waders might be a good thing after todays flooding at Disney. Talk to the neighbor who is at CSR she said the only passable way to get to the hotel was by bus at one point today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter