Clothes for 4 night Wonder???

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Can someone sum up what clothing we should take for a 4 night cruise? We have 3 kids...DD 8, DS 6, and DD 4. I am most concerned about the restaurants at night. I figure very casual during the day. Is one of the restaurants sort of formal one night. I think that is what I read. What is appropriate for the kids that night? Thanks!

Yes, days will be casual. You will just need shorts outfits and bathing suits for the days, depending on whether the kids are going to be in the clubs or at the pool with you, whether you are doing excursions, etc. Depending on where you eat breakfast and lunch (buffet, poolside, sit-down), you will be fine in shorts or bathing suit with coverup.

For dinners, I brought my DSs each 2 pair of khakis/docker-style pants to mix and match. At Parrot Cay they wore them with a tropical style shirt, at Animator's Palate with a casual button front or polo shirt, and at Triton's (the most formal restaurant) they each had a button down shirt and tie. DH wore a jacket for Tritons/Palos. I wore dresses (that I also wear to work or church) or palazzo pants for the restaurants, and would suggest the same for you and your DDs.

Enjoy!
:cool:

Good advice from Lavne. Another suggestion: It helps to make a pre-trip list of exactly what each person plans to wear each day/evening, stick to it and DON'T take extra clothing. That saves last minute onboard decisions on "What should I wear?" and keeps luggage to a minimum. Some people seem to take everything but the kitchen sink, but the less you take, the happier you will be.

Also, regarding shoes, keep in mind that you are on a ship. I've spotted women at dinner in spike heels and platform shoes - NOT the greatest for walking stability on a cruise!

I just went in October. It wasn't nearly as formal as I thought it would be. I took dresses but ended up wearing a dress only 1 night. It was a little chilly in the restaurants. The other nights I wore black slacks and a blouse or sweater. You will see some people really dressed up, but the majority don't. I saw very few ties. We go again in May. I am taking khaki pants for my son with polo type shirts and slacks for my husband and I. I will throw in at least 1 dress.

Make sure to take a clock! The rooms are really dark and you have no clue what time it is if you wake up during the night.

Have a blast!:smooth:

Black slacks are GREAT because they can easily look dressy with a nice blouse or cover-up. That's what I did also, along with two comfortable dresses. Keep it simple and you'll enjoy your cruise immensely, disneydawn.

Hey, CarsonsMom - Looks like we're on the same cruise in May!

Shari

Thanks for all the great advice! One question...at Tritons I know a jacket is suggested. Do most men wear ties? Thanks again.

On the 7 night I insisted DH take his suit, but on the 4 night we didn't bother. He took 2 pairs of dress pants, 2 dress shirts and 2 ties, and 2 polo type shirts. I only had to touch up his dress shirts and pants once on the cruise. I took 1 pair of pants and 1 skirt and 4 tops to mix and match. All my outfits had black in them so I only had to take 1 pair of black shoes. My twins were 3 at the time, so I didn't go overboard on their outfits either. I think a tie is fine at Triton's. Unless your DH likes to wear suits or jackets-leave it at home.

Lavne gave the best advice. I liked dressing up but didn't overdress. Definately bring the black pants. But don't go crazy too many shoes. I will definately remember to bring a white sweater next cruise - one night I had to wear my grey pullover which definately dressed me down because it was too chilly. Other nites were just fine. For men the polo shirts are fine. After dinner you're likely to go put the shorts back on. :rolleyes:

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter