• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Ahhh you guys have me so excited! We are only a few days behind, so hoping we have our contract & points loaded before the end of the week.
Any idea how soon after the contract shows up, can we request for the points to be loaded via chat?
We have a trip in November and I'm hoping to use the points for 2-3 nights.

FINAL Update!!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker:
Title Company: masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/27
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 5/29
Passed ROFR: 6/16 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 6/21 (23 days)
Closing docs returned (buyer): 6/21
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/28
Funds wired: 6/22
Closing: 6/30 (32 days)
Deed recorded: 7/3
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/23
Points in account: 7/24

Total days from signed contract to points in account: 56

Chatted with a very kind and helpful CM, Reese, this morning. Points were loaded within about 5 minutes! Best wishes for the rest of you going through the process. Definitely need the patient pants on for the resale route!!

Ahhh you guys have me so excited! We are only a few days behind, so hoping we have our contract & points loaded before the end of the week.
Any idea how soon after the contract shows up, can we request for the points to be loaded via chat?
We have a trip in November and I'm hoping to use the points for 2-3 nights.
Our contract showed up yesterday at around 10am. I was able to chat with a CM this morning at 6:30am and the points were loaded. Less than 24 hours for me! (We’re in pacific timezone)

Home Resort: HHI
Broker:
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/6/23
Offer accepted: 6/6/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/8/23
Passed ROFR: 6/22/23
Closing docs received:6/29/23
Closing docs returned:6/30/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Just a couple of notes regarding HHI resales. We purchased a resale about 15 years ago. But after this last trip we wanted to add some points so we would be able to go every year. We only had enough to go 2 out of 3 years.
Closing is a little different for HHI. An attorney is needed. It was required last time also.
But right after we recd the closing paperwork from Mason, we had an email from the attorney's office to set an appt for review of paperwork. The called the next day and reviewed the paperwork, asked if we had any questions.
Went fine and now we wait for closing.
Why is attorney needed for HHI? and is there a fee for that??

This is one of the best Mondays, WE FINALLY GOT OUR POINTS!! YAY!! :cool1: :banana: We got our membership activated on Saturday 7/22. I did a chat with MS this morning and points were loaded IMMEDIATELY!

Total days from signing the contract is 97! I'm so thrilled all the waiting is finally over and we can now book our next vacay!!

Chatted with a very kind and helpful CM, Reese, this morning. Points were loaded within about 5 minutes! Best wishes for the rest of you going through the process. Definitely need the patient pants on for the resale route!!
Hey I got Reese too!! I thought I might have to wait for a few hours for the points to show up but nope, I logged out and logged back in, voila!! All our points are there already! :banana:

Congratulations! Did you just happen to check today and found the contract showing (like you haven’t been constantly hitting refresh like me 😆)? Or have you been checking often and it suddenly appeared? I’m just curious if they work on this over the weekend, as I’m still waiting for mine to show up.
I checked daily. It wasn't there on Saturday when I checked, but was there first thing Sunday morning.

Why is attorney needed for HHI? and is there a fee for that??
South Carolina law requires it, and it applies to resales and gratuitous transfers as well. I'm not sure whether the cost is broken out from other closing costs or not.

Thanks !
I’ll be sure to ask the Title Company for the details.
This was our second resale purchase for HHI. We were required to have an attorney in SC as mentioned above.
The cost was not broken down on the original form sent by the broker. But I think later we found it was listed separately. I believe it was 250. I really think it was more last time, but its been a while. This time we needed an appt to speak with the attorney. So we set a time and he called to quickly review the contract. I know that was different from last time. I was concerned that it might slow the process down, but that has not been the case.

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/

Offer made: 6/1/23
Offer accepted: 6/1/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/6/23
Passed ROFR: 6/19/23
Closing docs received: 6/22/23
Closing docs returned: 6/27/23
Closing: 7/6/23
Deed recorded: 7/7/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/24
Points in account: 7/25 (via chat)

Days Total (so far): 54 days!

FINAL UPDATE! TRIP BOOKED!

Last edited:
Home Resort: BWV
Broker: **********.com
Title Company: masontitle.com
Offer made: 7/6
Offer accepted: 7/6
Sent to ROFR: 7/8
Passed ROFR: 7/21
Closing docs received: 7/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 7/24
Funds wired: 7/24
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total days so far: 18 days

This was our second resale purchase for HHI. We were required to have an attorney in SC as mentioned above.
The cost was not broken down on the original form sent by the broker. But I think later we found it was listed separately. I believe it was 250. I really think it was more last time, but its been a while. This time we needed an appt to speak with the attorney. So we set a time and he called to quickly review the contract. I know that was different from last time. I was concerned that it might slow the process down, but that has not been the case.
Interesting.
I called the broker to ask about this, and was told that the Title Company being used is qualified to take care of that in SC, and that the price is included in the closing amount specified in the contract.
:confused3

Home Resort: HHI
Broker: https://resales.*******.com/
Title Company: https://www.trcsinc.com/
Offer made: 7/21
Offer accepted: 7/22
Sent to ROFR: 7/24
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned (buyer):
Funds wired:
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total days so far: 3 days

This will be my first add on with a different Use Year.
We intend to use these only for HHI stays enroute to WDW, to break-up the drive, so hopefully I will be able to manage that easily enough.

My deed was recorded 6/29 and I’m still waiting for it to be added to my membership. I also called member services, and they were able to locate my contract but said they didn’t receive it until 7/11 and it’ll be 2-4 weeks from then for it to show. I expected to have it around Monday based on everyone else so I’m trying to be patient but I’m getting more impatient everyday as I refresh my account obsessively 😭
I just got my points today! (closing was 6/30.. deed recorded 7/3). Got my emails 7/23.. called 7/24 & they loaded on points and I got to book beach club for 3 nights for this weekend ! Thanks everyone for all great info 😁

I just got my points today! (closing was 6/30.. deed recorded 7/3). Got my emails 7/23.. called 7/24 & they loaded on points and I got to book beach club for 3 nights for this weekend ! Thanks everyone for all great info 😁
Did you call or chat? I can't seem to get members service through the automated chat bot

Same! I have been watching everyone’s deed to ID timeline and still holding out hope ! I really want to use those 84 points 🤞🏻
We just closed and I’m wondering how you know when the deed is recorded. Does the agency or the title company tell you, or it there a website to check?

Interesting.
I called the broker to ask about this, and was told that the Title Company being used is qualified to take care of that in SC, and that the price is included in the closing amount specified in the contract.
:confused3
That is interesting. We used Mason Title and they assigned us to an Attorney office in SC. I may have confused the issue with my earlier reply. The atty fees were included in the closing fees. Later it was broken down. So we were not surprised by this.

We just closed and I’m wondering how you know when the deed is recorded. Does the agency or the title company tell you, or it there a website to check?
I was sent a stamped contract showing the date my deed was recorded. But I also checked on the website below:
Attached is the closing time page for 2021 and 2022.
The document is editable for anyone that wants to add to it!
The document shows the time period between deed recorded and club id vs. points loaded in 2021 and 2022.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fsm2PXgAWw5rBtpqHhcEXt0rnOIohI-ayFTA_iNg2w8/edit#gid=0

:welcome:HOME!

Here is where to find your deed in FL:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

Here is where to find your deed in SC:
[URL]https://rod.beaufortcountysc.gov/BrowserViewDMP/[/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter