Closing Time!

Ugh…now I am nervous because we didn’t push back and are using dvcclosings.com at the recommendation of our broker. It is a broker that many have used here and appears to be legitimate, so I think the odds of them intentionally pointing us to a scam title company are low…but what (if anything) should we be doing to try to vet them before wiring $16k next week (we just cleared ROFR)?
Hang on. This is super interesting. I started googling (I'm procrastinating). At the website you linked, it says the Founder & CEO is an attorney by training and holds licenses in 37 states. That seemed odd.

When I googled just his name, I found https://www.dvctitles.com/

It has the same company name as the link you posted. At first I thought it was odd that one company would have 2 websites.

But the most interesting thing is that it lists Cammy Smith as Partner and Senior Escrow Officer.

People on this thread and the ROFR thread have been talking about how Cammy was really wonderful but she just left Mason Title.

I think you may have found her.

If you get correspondence with her name on it, people here and in the ROFR thread probably would like to know.

Hang on. This is super interesting. I started googling (I'm procrastinating). At the website you linked, it says the Founder & CEO is an attorney by training and holds licenses in 37 states. That seemed odd.

When I googled just his name, I found https://www.dvctitles.com/

It has the same company name as the link you posted. At first I thought it was odd that one company would have 2 websites.

But the most interesting thing is that it lists Cammy Smith as Partner and Senior Escrow Officer.

People on this thread and the ROFR thread have been talking about how Cammy was really wonderful but she just left Mason Title.

I think you may have found her.

If you get correspondence with her name on it, people here and in the ROFR thread probably would like to know.
I completed an offer on Friday and when discussing the title company I mentioned using Mason and that they were suggesting using DVC title because Cammy had recently moved and that who they typically work with.

Just curious if anyone with deed date 5/1 or beyond have there membership already (new member)

Just patiently waiting but curious, didnt see any updates on the board

Just curious if anyone with deed date 5/1 or beyond have there membership already (new member)

Just patiently waiting but curious, didnt see any updates on the board

Our deed was recorded 5/2 and still no email. I’m expecting/hoping we see something early this week.

Home: Beach Club
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 4/2/2023
Offer accepted: 4/2/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/3/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/24/2023 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 4/24/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/25/2023
Seller returned closing docs: 4/26/2023 (remote online notary)
Closing: 4/27/2023
Deed recorded: 4/27/2023
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/11/2023
Points in account: 5/12/2023

TIME TOTAL: 40 days
Time to clear ROFR: 21 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 3 days
Closing to Points in Account: 15 days

Gives a little hope the handful of us that are waiting on contracts that were recorded 4/25,26,27

Updated:
Home Resort: SSR
Broker: ******************
Title: Mason
Offer made: 4/12/2023
Offer accepted: 4/12/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/12/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/2/2023
Closing docs received: 5/8/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/8/2023 (buyer)
Closing: 5/12/2023
Deed recorded:5/15/2023
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Question for folks, is it worth calling to see if account creation and point transfer can be expedited?

We would like to book a stay for a mickeys not so scary.

4/27. I got my email, signed up, chatted and asked for points. They said they should be loaded tomorrow, would it be worth my time to call?

Update #1. Took about a week for Mason to do closing docs on mine. Anyone know how they schedule a final closing date? I was surprised it wasn’t updated in the closing docs.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Masontitle.com
Offer made: initial 3/26, final counter 3/31
Offer accepted: 4/3
Sent to ROFR: 4/5
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing docs received: 4/26
Closing docs returned: 4/26 (buyer)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:
3 weeks and counting waiting on the sellers 😫😩😭

I know no one can do anything about it but it makes me frustrated and I would like commiseration.

Watching this thread makes me even more upset. We passed ROFR on 4/18, still haven’t received closing documents, emailed them, got a response back saying nope I haven’t missed the documents and that they are anticipating having the docs closer to the 30 business day mark after ROFR passing. That’s crazy slow. This is from magic vacation title.

Watching this thread makes me even more upset. We passed ROFR on 4/18, still haven’t received closing documents, emailed them, got a response back saying nope I haven’t missed the documents and that they are anticipating having the docs closer to the 30 business day mark after ROFR passing. That’s crazy slow. This is from magic vacation title.

We had about the same experience. It took almost 30 calendar days to receive closing docs from them. It was very frustrating.

Question for folks, is it worth calling to see if account creation and point transfer can be expedited?

We would like to book a stay for a mickeys not so scary.
The unfortunate problem is that MA (Member Administration) actually sets up the membership and sends out the new member number and activation code emails. There is no way to contact MA, either by phone or chat, other than email. I've never heard of anyone successfully expediting a new membership setup. The people you reach via phone or chat are with MS (Member Services), and they can only work with you on getting points loaded AFTER the membership is active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter