• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Is there any rhyme or reason to the membership numbers? I thought it would be always-increasing, but our VGC resale issued a membership number lower than our existing one. (That's how I discovered the contract was added to our dashboard, since this lower membership number became the default on our welcome page.)

Is there any rhyme or reason to the membership numbers? I thought it would be always-increasing, but our VGC resale issued a membership number lower than our existing one. (That's how I discovered the contract was added to our dashboard, since this lower membership number became the default on our welcome page.)
There is a code to the sequence of numbers, and there may be a thread somewhere discussing it, but I’m not sure.

My SSR contracts were bought first and my BWV membership had a lower number. My VGF contracts were bought last and that membership number is the lowest of the 3. I don't know if it has to do with UY, but my SSR contracts were Dec, my BWV is Aug and my VGF contracts are Feb. It's probably a coincidence though.

I sent my closing documents with the money for the contract on 10/11/22. I called the Title Company (Mason/Cammy), to confirm they received the documents and money in which they did. Does it sound that I am waiting for the seller to return their documents? How long do I need to wait before I should be concerned?

Thanks for any input. This is my first ever contract (got through ROFR the first time!) so I am just excited.

I sent my closing documents with the money for the contract on 10/11/22. I called the Title Company (Mason/Cammy), to confirm they received the documents and money in which they did. Does it sound that I am waiting for the seller to return their documents? How long do I need to wait before I should be concerned?

Thanks for any input. This is my first ever contract (got through ROFR the first time!) so I am just excited.
In a similar position. Most sellers have 2 weeks to return docs. The absolute last day for closing on both of my contracts are 65 days out.

Mason will reach out to the sellers to provide a gentle nudge if they start pushing the deadline. Check your contract to see when the closing date is (it can always be moved up or down, but only with agreement from the buyer and seller).

If you don't see it on your closing documents, ask Cammy what the closing deadline is for the contract. It's hit or miss on whether the sellers are quick or slow to return the documents. You can ask for updates and have Mason poke the sellers if you don't hear anything after about two weeks or so.

I had to wait over 6 weeks for closing on my last contract. That's how long it took for the seller to return documents, they actually went 5 days past the deadline to return documents but since they were in contact with the broker and title company and they made apologies and promises to me, I didn't pull out of the contract.

Home Resort: SSR 150
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/9/22
Offer accepted: 8/10
Sent to ROFR: 8/13
Passed ROFR: 9/5
Closing docs received: 9/12
Closing docs returned: 9/12 buyer
Closing docs returned: 9/13 seller
Closing: 9/16
Deed recorded: 9/16
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 10/20
Points in account: 10/21

Days Total: 70

Home Resort: SSR 250
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/12
Offer accepted: 8/12
Sent to ROFR: 8/13
Passed ROFR: 9/5
Closing docs received: 9/12
Closing docs returned: 9/12 buyer
Closing docs returned: 10/3
Closing: 10/5
Deed recorded: 10/6
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:
Update: logged in this morning and welcome page actually had zeros above the UY, unlike yesterday when nothing showed except my name. Availability tool would not work yesterday but today it was actually working so there is some lag time there I guess.
Used the chat feature to request points to book a trip I’m excited to take. MS replied it’s taking 6-8 weeks but they would send a request and check back in an hour. Now it’s only 20 minutes later and I have points!
Still waiting for the 250 contract to load, but now I can schedule the June trip. Very happy with how fast the communication is with the chat feature.

In a similar position. Most sellers have 2 weeks to return docs. The absolute last day for closing on both of my contracts are 65 days out.

Mason will reach out to the sellers to provide a gentle nudge if they start pushing the deadline. Check your contract to see when the closing date is (it can always be moved up or down, but only with agreement from the buyer and seller).

Just to clarify, sellers have until closing to return them. There is no time limit.

However, if a contract doesn’t close on time, the buyer can cancel and get money back.

So, it really depends on closing date of contract to know how long you must wait.

Our process is finally complete!

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: DVC Store
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy)
Offer made: 8/15
Offer accepted: 8/17
Sent to ROFR: 8/17
Passed ROFR: 9/5 (20 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/12
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/12
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/21
Closing: 9/26
Deed recorded: 9/27
Contract Showing on Membership. (new member): 10/18
Days Total: 68

Contract Showing on Membership. (new member): 10/18
Did you call or chat to get your points loaded, or did they just show up on their own?

Edit: Oh, never mind I just caught up on reading your posts on the thread lol. I see you were talking to MS.

Did you call or chat to get your points loaded, or did they just show up on their own?

Edit: Oh, never mind I just caught up on reading your posts on the thread lol. I see you were talking to MS.
I called in. As long as you’ve received your welcome email they can load the points it seems.

Check your contract to see when the closing date is (it can always be moved up or down, but only with agreement from the buyer and seller).
I've never been contacted about moving a closing date up once all docs have been returned by all parties. They just go ahead and close it.

Last edited:
UPDATE 3:

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 9/3
Offer accepted: 9/3
Sent to ROFR: 9/3
Passed ROFR: 9/19 (16 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/20 (17 days)
Funds sent: 9/20
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/26 (received late due to Hurricane Ian)
Contract Closed: 10/4
Deed recorded: 10/4
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 10/22
Points in account:

Days Total: 50

Will check today or tomorrow about loading points.

UPDATE 3:

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 9/3
Offer accepted: 9/3
Sent to ROFR: 9/3
Passed ROFR: 9/19 (16 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 9/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/20 (17 days)
Funds sent: 9/20
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/26 (received late due to Hurricane Ian)
Contract Closed: 10/4
Deed recorded: 10/4
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 10/22
Points in account:

Days Total: 50

Will check today or tomorrow about loading points.
Yay glad to see some that are more “on schedule” with the avg 18 days. Some of the contract showing timeline were over 3 weeks and that was making me worried. My deed record date is 10/6 so hopefully a few more days for me. 🤞🏻

Yay glad to see some that are more “on schedule” with the avg 18 days. Some of the contract showing timeline were over 3 weeks and that was making me worried. My deed record date is 10/6 so hopefully a few more days for me. 🤞🏻
18 days, just like my last one in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter