Closing Time!

As an aside, my seller actually signed and notarized the docs on Wednesday, 9/21, just one day after they were sent out, which is SUPER fast. It looks like they had them on their way back only maybe a day later as Tammy at Mason said they had a tracking number on Monday, 9/26 (and Mason uses FedEx two-day delivery which would have made it Monday 9/26 at the absolute earliest). Then other things happened...

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: Hayes Title LLC
Offer made: 07/26
Offer accepted: 07/26
Sent to ROFR: 07/28
Passed ROFR: 08/18
Closing docs received: 08/22
Closing docs returned: 08/22
Closing: 08/31
Deed recorded: 09/06
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 09/30
Points in account: 10/05

Days Total: 71

Home Resort: AKV
Offer made: 07/26
Offer accepted: 07/26
Sent to ROFR: 07/28
Passed ROFR: 08/18
Closing docs received: 08/22
Closing docs returned: 08/22
Closing: 08/31
Deed recorded: 09/06
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 09/30
Points in account: 10/05

Days Total: 71
I waited 71 days to get 100 points and then all I needed was 20 minutes to spend them all. 😀

This is for my own sanity and to help others by adding in my info. I have 2 contracts going at the same time and its like double the anxiety. 😅

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason (Cammy)
Offer made: 7/11/22
Offer accepted:7/11/22
Sent to ROFR:7/12/22 (but apparently not all docs were submitted)
Passed ROFR: 9/8/22
Closing docs received:9/8/22
Closing docs returned:9/8/22
Closing:9/15/22
Deed recorded:9/15/22
Contract Showing on Membership:10/3/22
Points in account:

Days Total: 86 and counting.. should be any day now hopefully

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason (not Cammy)
Offer made: 9/5/22
Offer accepted: 9/5/22
Sent to ROFR: 9/6/22
Passed ROFR: 9/21/22
Closing docs received: 9/27/22
Closing docs returned: 9/27/22
Closing: 10/5/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total: Day 30 and counting. Plus 18 (avg) for points to show and 5 to be in account, this one should hopefully bring me under 2 months.

Final Update!

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 8/18/2022
Offer accepted: 8/18/2022
Sent to ROFR: 8/19/2022
Passed ROFR: 9/7/2022
Closing docs received: 9/8/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/9/2022
Funds sent: 9/9/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/14/2022
Closing: 9/16/2022
Deed recorded: 9/19/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: 10/4/2022
Points in account: 10/5/2022 (called Mbr Svcs)

Days Total: 49 Days and feeling very fortunate to have a smooth transaction...

Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/2/2022
Offer accepted: 8/2/2022
Sent to ROFR: 8/4/2022
Passed ROFR: 8/31/2022
Closing docs received: 9/3/2022
Closing docs returned: 9/7/2022 (all parties and funds received this date)
Closing: 9/15/2022
Deed recorded: 9/20/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):10/19/2022
Points in account:
Days Total: 76 and counting

This is our first contract and was an international seller. I am not sure if that affected the timeline at all. I was surprised by the lag between the closing date and the deed recording, though there was a weekend in the middle of that period. Hoping to get the emails soon!

Last edited:

Final Update!

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 8/18/2022
Offer accepted: 8/18/2022
Sent to ROFR: 8/19/2022
Passed ROFR: 9/7/2022
Closing docs received: 9/8/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 9/9/2022
Funds sent: 9/9/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 9/14/2022
Closing: 9/16/2022
Deed recorded: 9/19/2022
Contract Showing on Membership: 10/4/2022
Points in account: 10/5/2022 (called Mbr Svcs)

Days Total: 49 Days and feeling very fortunate to have a smooth transaction...
Happy for you...but grumbling at the same time...102 days and counting. 🤣

Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason (Cammy)
Offer made: 7/11/22
Offer accepted:7/11/22
Sent to ROFR:7/12/22 (but apparently not all docs were submitted)
Passed ROFR: 9/8/22
Closing docs received:9/8/22
Closing docs returned:9/8/22
Closing:9/15/22
Deed recorded:9/15/22
Contract Showing on Membership:10/3/22
Points in account: 10/5/22 (called member services)

Days Total: 86

Ktownraider convinced me to call in as 86 days is already kinda ridiculously long wait. Sorry Stargazer65 😅

Home Resort: AUL
Offer made: 7/24
Offer accepted: 7/24
Sent to ROFR: 7/25
Passed ROFR: 8/17
Closing docs received: 9/26
Closing docs returned: 9/27
Closing: 9/30
Deed recorded: 10/3
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

So we just closed on our first contract! The "deed has been sent for recording".

What happens now? Does this mean it's definitely all going through now?! We're super excited!

Definitely going through! Check the Orange County comptroller site to see when it's recorded: https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp
Amazing, thanks! How long does it usually take to be recorded? When it is, does that mean we are just waiting for Disney to put us on their system?

In regards to it being recorded, I assume this is a FL law that states the contract must be registered somewhere? We're from the UK so this is all new to us!

Amazing, thanks! How long does it usually take to be recorded? When it is, does that mean we are just waiting for Disney to put us on their system?

In regards to it being recorded, I assume this is a FL law that states the contract must be registered somewhere? We're from the UK so this is all new to us!
You are waiting for it to be recorded at the county level and yes, it has to be registered since it's deeded real estate - ie, you own a piece of whatever resort you purchased. Who is your title company - Mason, Magic Vacation, etc.?

You are waiting for it to be recorded at the county level and yes, it has to be registered since it's deeded real estate - ie, you own a piece of whatever resort you purchased. Who is your title company - Mason, Magic Vacation, etc.?
It's Magic Vacation. We bought through them so it defaulted to their title company

It's Magic Vacation. We bought through them so it defaulted to their title company
If it was sent late yesterday or this morning, it could be recorded by late this afternoon (5pm EDT). It may get recorded tomorrow sometime. Once it's been recorded by the county. the title company sends the info to Disney so that the contract can be transferred to you. That's been taking 3ish weeks lately.

Depending on when it actually closed, I'd take a look now. Deeds are recorded electronically in Orange County, and if it was sent over yesterday afternoon, it was likely recorded this morning and if sent today, it will record this afternoon. My last one closed first thing Tuesday morning (got the email from Cammy at Mason at 9:15 am, EDT) and the recordation stamp on the deed reads 3:35 pm.

Depending on when it actually closed, I'd take a look now. Deeds are recorded electronically in Orange County, and if it was sent over yesterday afternoon, it was likely recorded this morning and if sent today, it will record this afternoon. My last one closed first thing Tuesday morning (got the email from Cammy at Mason at 9:15 am, EDT) and the recordation stamp on the deed reads 3:35 pm.
Thank you. Silly question but I just type my full name on the search and it should come up, when recorded?

Thank you. Silly question but I just type my full name on the search and it should come up, when recorded?
1665066234825.png

In the search screen, type your full name (last first middle initial with a space but no commas between) into the "Either Party" field and click "Search". I'm in the habit of using "Either Party" as it captures everything.

Last edited:
1665066238415.png

Put your name in the yellow highlighted box- Smith John, and I also like to use the start date in green so that I get the most recently recorded documents.

I've used Magic Vacation Title for 3 contracts and I've noticed that my deeds tend to be recorded the next day or even 2 days after I've been told the sale has closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter