• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/7/2022
Offer accepted: 3/7/2022
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/2022
Passed ROFR: 3/29/2022 (issued estoppel also)
Closing docs received: 4/13/2022
Closing docs returned: 4/15/2022
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Tota

I just called them and got shot down as well told 3-4 weeks to add points. Even mentioned I was trying to use the banked points for a trip in Sept got its in processing, usually 3-4 weeks. Maybe I talked to the wrong department.
Is the contract showing on your account? If it is, then call member services back and ask to have points loaded. I had to call back twice before it could be done. Since you have expiring points they may help you. Both agents I spoke to were lovely and willing to help me. If it's not showing on your account, it's almost impossible to move that process along faster. Good luck.

Update!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: DVC Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/09/2022
Offer accepted: 2/10/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/11/22 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/07/22 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 3/14/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned by Buyer: 3/15/22
Closing docs returned by Seller: 3/28/22 Not 100% sure about date - International seller
Closing: 3/29/22 (1 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership:4/17
Points in account:4/17 by calling member service. very quick!

Days Total:67days!

Woohoo!!!

Update!

Home Resort: AKL
Offer made: 2/09/2022
Offer accepted: 2/10/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/11/22 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/07/22 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 3/14/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned by Buyer: 3/15/22
Closing docs returned by Seller: 3/28/22 Not 100% sure about date - International seller
Closing: 3/29/22 (1 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership:4/17
Points in account:4/17 by calling member service. very quick!

Days Total:67days!

Woohoo!!!
So exciting!!! Congrats! I closed 3/31 so here’s hoping my contract appears soon

:yay: UPDATE! :yay:

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: Fidelity Resales
Offer Made: 2/25/22
Offer Accepted: 2/25/22
Sent to ROFR: 3/1/22
Passed ROFR: 3/23/22
Closing Docs Received: 3/24/22
Closing Docs Returned: 3/28/22
Closing: 3/30/22
Deed Recorded: 3/31/22
Contract Showing on Membership (Existing Member): 04/17/22
Points in Account: 04/18/22

I didn't get the email until 830pm on Sunday so I couldn't call to gave them loaded until first thing Monday morning. Called right at 9am and had them loaded in minutes without issue. :rainbow:

Final Update!!!

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Offer made: 2/26/22
Offer accepted: 2/26/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/27/22 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 3/22/22 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 3/24/22 (2 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (0 days) Seller-3/28/21 (4 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/31/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/17/22 (17 days)
Points in account: 4/18/22 (1 day)
Days Total: 51 days!!!

SO grateful to CM Kim on DVC chat for loading my points and to everyone on DisBoards for all the knowledge! We realize the process was much easier for us than many others, but we are very happy to be done with points loaded in 51 days!
Yay! After so long- we are legit!!!

Final Update!!!

Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Offer made: 2/26/22
Offer accepted: 2/26/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/27/22 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 3/22/22 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 3/24/22 (2 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (0 days) Seller-3/28/21 (4 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/31/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/17/22 (17 days)
Points in account: 4/18/22 (1 day)
Days Total: 51 days!!!

SO grateful to CM Kim on DVC chat for loading my points and to everyone on DisBoards for all the knowledge! We realize the process was much easier for us than many others, but we are very happy to be done with points loaded in 51 days!
Yay! After so long- we are legit!!!
That was so fast! I had a great experience with the dvc store and Mason title. Jamie and Cammy were amazing. I also had CM Kim load my points for a previous contract. Buying resale CAN be fun!

That was so fast! I had a great experience with the dvc store and Mason title. Jamie and Cammy were amazing. I also had CM Kim load my points for a previous contract. Buying resale CAN be fun!
It’s nice to see that people can get points super fast by calling MS. I’m just gonna ride the whole thing out to see how long it takes for the passive members to get points loaded. Membership went live on my dashboard on 4/15 but the score board still showing 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣! Luckily we don’t have immediate need for these points or we would definitely be stalking MS 😂

It’s nice to see that people can get points super fast by calling MS. I’m just gonna ride the whole thing out to see how long it takes for the passive members to get points loaded. Membership went live on my dashboard on 4/15 but the score board still showing 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣! Luckily we don’t have immediate need for these points or we would definitely be stalking MS 😂
I was thinking the same with my last contract. I said I would just let it play out. I lasted 1 hour before chatting with a CM 😂

Got membership information Sunday and points loaded yesterday via chat (no hassle at all). 66 days total from offer made to points loaded. I'd post the whole thread but it's getting flagged as spam (newb here). Longest gaps in the process were 24 days to pass ROFR, 14 days to receive closing docs, and 19 points before membership account was activated (new member). It's not for the faint of heart, but other than the wait it wasn't a terrible process. We've already got another deal in ROFR (Day 29).

UPDATE

Home Resort: BCV
Title Company: Magic Vacation
Offer made: 2/10/222
Offer accepted: 2/11/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/22 ( 4 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/11/22 (24 days)
Closing docs received: 3/18/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (6 days) Seller-3/30/21 (6 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 ( 0 days)
Deed recorded: 4/1/22 (2 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/18/22 (17 days)
Points in account:

Days Total:

Received an email yesterday with activation code but needed the Club ID. Tried to call and CM told me that until I have member and club ID she was unable to assist me. But next thing I know and a couple of minutes later I received an email with the code. :)

But tried to call, email and chat with member services and they were unable to upload my points. Already emailed again today.

Broker: DVCStore.com
Offer made: 1/30
Offer accepted: 1/30
Sent to ROFR: 2/1
Passed ROFR: 2/21
Estoppel Issued: 2/22
Closing docs received: 2/24
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/1
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/17
Closing: 3/21
Deed recorded: 3/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 4/12
Points in account: 4/16 (three calls later...)

Got membership information Sunday and points loaded yesterday via chat (no hassle at all). 66 days total from offer made to points loaded. I'd post the whole thread but it's getting flagged as spam (newb here). Longest gaps in the process were 24 days to pass ROFR, 14 days to receive closing docs, and 19 points before membership account was activated (new member). It's not for the faint of heart, but other than the wait it wasn't a terrible process. We've already got another deal in ROFR (Day 29).
oh, i'm glad to see you got membership info over a weekend! our 16-17 day frame puts us at 4/30, which is a saturday, so i wasn't sure if we would have to wait until that monday to start stalking!

oh, i'm glad to see you got membership info over a weekend! our 16-17 day frame puts us at 4/30, which is a saturday, so i wasn't sure if we would have to wait until that monday to start stalking!
It caught me by surprise. I was expecting to get information this week, but certainly not on Easter Sunday. Be prepared, though. It seems the one-time use login code email typically shows up a few hours before the membership ID email (did in our case). Disney sure likes to twist the knife as much as possible. Rooting for you to get yours soon!

For my first contract, I received the membership info on a Saturday and I called immediately when MS was open on Sunday and got my points loaded. So it's doable!

Broker: Fidelity
Offer made: 3/18/22
Offer accepted: 3/18/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 3/21/22 ( 3 days)
Passed ROFR: 4/20/22 (30 days)
Closing docs received: 4/20/22 (0 days)
Closing docs returned by Buyer: 4/20/22
Closing docs returned by Seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:33 and counting

Hello I hope this is the appropriate place to ask my question. I received my closing docs from Mason last Thursday and they were returned with the closing costs on Monday. I got an email from my contact at Mason on Monday that everything was received and they will move forward with the closing. I responded asking what the next steps were and have yet to receive a response. So anyone who has gone through this can you tell me what to expect next?

Thank you.

Hello I hope this is the appropriate place to ask my question. I received my closing docs from Mason last Thursday and they were returned with the closing costs on Monday. I got an email from my contact at Mason on Monday that everything was received and they will move forward with the closing. I responded asking what the next steps were and have yet to receive a response. So anyone who has gone through this can you tell me what to expect next?

Thank you.

Once they have everything from the seller, they will close the contract. The new deed will be recorded with Orange County (assuming its a WDW resort) and then everything sent to Membership Administration, who will create your new account...they will email you with a Club ID and Activation code to set up your DVC account online. Once the account is created, they send the information to Member Services, who has a team who actually load all the points so you can begin booking.

It can take 3 to 4 weeks from the time that MA gets things to where everything is done. Some have gotten it faster lately, though!

Once they have everything from the seller, they will close the contract. The new deed will be recorded with Orange County (assuming its a WDW resort) and then everything sent to Membership Administration, who will create your new account...they will email you with a Club ID and Activation code to set up your DVC account online. Once the account is created, they send the information to Member Services, who has a team who actually load all the points so you can begin booking.

It can take 3 to 4 weeks from the time that MA gets things to where everything is done. Some have gotten it faster lately, though!
Yes it is PVB! Thanks Sandi

Yes it is PVB! Thanks Sandi
congrats!! they should tell you when it officially closes. and then you can google florida orange county official records search to see when it actually gets recorded. then,it looks like it takes disney about 16-20 days to send you your membership info, and then up to 7 days after that for your points to be loaded.

we closed last week on our OKW contract (first one!) so we're waiting now for that membership email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter