• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

UPDATE: Moving right along!

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/26/22
Offer accepted: 2/26/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/27/22 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 3/22/22 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 3/24/22 (2 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (0 days) Seller-3/28/21 (4 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (0 days)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update #2:

Home Resort: VGF 1.0
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 02/7/2022
Offer accepted: 02/08/2022
Sent to ROFR: 02/11/2022
Passed ROFR: 03/07/2022
Closing docs received: 03/08/2022
Closing docs returned by buyer: 03/08/2022
Closing docs returned by seller: 03/22/2022
Closing: 03/30/2022
Deed recorded: 03/30/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

UPDATE: Moving right along!

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Offer made: 2/26/22
Offer accepted: 2/26/22 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/27/22 (1 day)
Passed ROFR: 3/22/22 (23 days)
Closing docs received: 3/24/22 (2 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (0 days) Seller-3/28/21 (4 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (0 days)
Points in account:

Days Total:
That's awesome! Your timeline is similar to my PVB but we got our closing docs 3/16 - still waiting on the sellers to return them - sigh.....

Last edited:
That's ridiculous for a broker to scold you, that'd make me not want to do business with them in the future! If there are circumstances such as an international seller or old age/recent death, etc., I think it's understandable (to a certain extent), but beyond that and being rude on top is just unacceptable.

Are any of the points bankable? If possible I'd ask the broker to get the seller to bank any points that can be banked if they're going to take a long time. Don't lose hope though! Our first contract had 114 points expiring within 45 days of account opening and we were able to book a 2BR at SSR and bring grandparents down for our daughter's first birthday.
I was not happy - in fact, I compose emails I want to send them in my head everyday - but, I know that would likely only make things worse. I won't do business with that broker again. None of the circumstances you mentioned have been relayed to me. Only that the sellers are hoping to get them done soon. None of the points are bankable :( Thanks for giving me some hope!

I was not happy - in fact, I compose emails I want to send them in my head everyday - but, I know that would likely only make things worse. I won't do business with that broker again. None of the circumstances you mentioned have been relayed to me. Only that the sellers are hoping to get them done soon. None of the points are bankable :( Thanks for giving me some hope!
Of course when I emailed my closing agent today, I got an out of office indicating that she won’t be back until Tuesday. At least it will give me a reason to not bug her until then.

Already regretting not making my agent go back & change contract to Mason Title with Cammy but my buyers are older & they had a difficult time with DocuSign as it was - sigh. Can't tell you how great Cammy was on my last resale purchase that was a VGF contract too. Had closing docs next day. My agent is now just saying "Sorry." GRRRRRRR.......

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: www.fideltyrealestate.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/4/22
Offer accepted: 3/4/22
Sent to ROFR: 3/8/22
Passed ROFR: 3/28/22
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Last edited:
Home Resort: BCV
Broker: DVC Store
Title Company: Magic Vacation
Offer made: 2/10/222
Offer accepted: 2/11/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/22 ( 4 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/11/22 (24 days)
Closing docs received: 3/18/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (6 days) Seller-3/30/21 (6 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 ( 0 days)
Deed recorded: 4/1/22 (2 days)
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: AKL
Offer made: 2/09/2022
Offer accepted: 2/10/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/11/22 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/07/22 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 3/14/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned by Buyer: 3/15/22
Closing docs returned by Seller: 3/28/22 Not 100% sure about date - International seller
Closing: 3/29/22 (1 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

DVC Store, Mason - super smooth. I worried about transaction as it is international seller by hearing not-so-good story. However, all transaction was very smooth, and the worst(long wait )part is on all Disney side. I am expecting it takes while to show up on my membership.

Home Resort: AKL
Offer made: 2/09/2022
Offer accepted: 2/10/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/11/22 ( 1 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/07/22 (21 days)
Closing docs received: 3/14/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned by Buyer: 3/15/22
Closing docs returned by Seller: 3/28/22 Not 100% sure about date - International seller
Closing: 3/29/22 (1 days)
Deed recorded: 3/30/22 (1 days)
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

DVC Store, Mason - super smooth. I worried about transaction as it is international seller by hearing not-so-good story. However, all transaction was very smooth, and the worst(long wait )part is on all Disney side. I am expecting it takes while to show up on my membership.
My deed was recorded 12 days ago and from what I can tell from this board I have a min of 4 more days before I might see my contract on my account. I thought I was going to go crazy waiting on ROFR, this is just as bad 😄

My deed was recorded 12 days ago and from what I can tell from this board I have a min of 4 more days before I might see my contract on my account. I thought I was going to go crazy waiting on ROFR, this is just as bad 😄
Don't tell me that.... I'm in my first ROFR as a new member and it's painful... so painful that I'm considering buying direct before my contract even gets taken (or, in the unlikely event, passes).

Don't tell me that.... I'm in my first ROFR as a new member and it's painful... so painful that I'm considering buying direct before my contract even gets taken (or, in the unlikely event, passes).
The hard part for me is I bought my first 2 contracts direct, I had my points in my account before the end of the day. I am on 59 days and counting. This is painful 🤣

Home Resort: BCV
Title Company: Magic Vacation
Offer made: 2/10/222
Offer accepted: 2/11/22 (1 days)
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/22 ( 4 days)
Passed ROFR: 3/11/22 (24 days)
Closing docs received: 3/18/22 (7 days)
Closing docs returned: 3/24/22 -Buyer (6 days) Seller-3/30/21 (6 days)
Closing: 3/30/22 ( 0 days)
Deed recorded: 4/1/22 (2 days)
Points in account:

Days Total:
we are using same title company...and still waiting on our seller to return the docs, but glad to see that closing and deed recording happened so quickly!! waiting anxiously.....

we are using same title company...and still waiting on our seller to return the docs, but glad to see that closing and deed recording happened so quickly!! waiting anxiously.....
Actually Fedex was late delivering our closing documents. When we received the email confirming closing we were surprised it was so fast from sellers part. I was all day yesterday stalking the recording office :). Now waiting for Disney again. The ROFR waiting was stressful.

Update: 2
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/14
Offer accepted: 2/14
Sent to ROFR: 2/16
Passed ROFR: 3/12
Estoppel Issued: 3/12
Closing docs received: 3/30
Closing docs returned: 4/1
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter