Home Resort: OKW
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/22
Offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 4/04
Passed ROFR:4/17
Closing docs received (buyer):4/25
Closing docs returned (buyer):5/2 (was on vacation)
Closing docs returned (seller):5/18
Closing:5/22
Deed recorded:5/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:
Just updated. Hopefully these last two steps are quick!

I’m at almost 24 hours since receiving the first welcome home email and still don’t have the second email needed to set up my account. Not sure what’s going on but I don’t remember people having this issue

Final update
I’m at almost 24 hours since receiving the first welcome home email and still don’t have the second email needed to set up my account. Not sure what’s going on but I don’t remember people having this issue
I had this exact issue so I had to chat with MS and get the member ID# then call in to get my club id...

So I have been very bad about following the threads. My deed was just recorded today what is the wait time looking like for new members?

When I try the chat feature it directs me to call in. What website did you chat on?
I chatted on the DVC website and selected I am not a DVC member and talked to my advisor (he did call me in the end to tell me my number but I initiated by chat)

Well I was finally able to get someone in MA on the phone. I pressed the prompt for selling my DVC, explained the situation and she told me she was MA and could help. She got me both my club ID and member number and I was able to set up my account.

That was a huge pain. Not sure why I never received the second email. The CM from MA was super helpful today though, I was lucky I got her.

After getting my account set up I called MS and was able to get my points loaded.

FINAL UPDATE:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 2/27/2023
Offer accepted: 2/27/2023
Sent to ROFR: 3/2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/16/23
Closing docs received: 4/13/23
Closing docs returned-Buyer: 4/13/23 (wire 4/14)
Closing docs returned-Seller 4/27/23
Closing: 4/28/23
Deed recorded: 5/2/23
Contract Showing on Membership (New Member): 5/22/23
Points in account: 5/23/23 (Called MS to get them loaded)

Total Days: 85

Oh man I almost feel bad for posting now. FWIW me and the other 5/2 both had issues with our member emails. I’m sure if you are existing it shouldn’t be an issue
I think @Just654 is still waiting as well. Yeah, I'm existing with 9 contracts and 500+ points, so I'm in no hurry. Just fed up having something to deal with.

This has been a journey to say the least. The problems began when originally we went with Mason, but they informed us one week after passing ROFR that they no longer do business in HI. Then we waited several weeks for the seller's HI sales tax exemption to process after they sent their closing docs in. In the meantime communication from the Title Company was non-existent / awful. I'm suspiscious that they dropped the ball somewhere along the way. That leaves us at 98 days and counting.

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: *******
Title Company: Fidelity Hawaii
Offer made: 2/15/23
Offer accepted: 2/16/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/20/23
Passed ROFR: 3/2/23
Closing docs received: 3/20/23
Closing docs returned: 3/21/23
Closing: 5/1/23
Deed recorded: 5/3/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Within about 4 hours of receiving our points we had all but 4 of our 2022 UY points spent for a trip we had planned in September for our welcome home stay.

I was even able to get a BCV 1 bedroom for the first night we arrive, I was shocked it was available. We are going to end up doing a 3 resort split stay in all 1 bedrooms with 1-2 park days and a lot of pool/resort time.

I guess I need to start looking for a SAP contract next. 200 points doesn’t go very far for 1 bedrooms.

Just a reminder. If you do not use a broker website link, the post is deleted.

Please just leave blank if you don’t have time to find and post it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter