Closing Time!!

UPDATED: And received closing docs! Wow, that was fast.

Home: Copper Creek (CCV) -- Small Resale Contract #3
Broker: FidelityResales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 07/15/2020
Offer accepted: 07/15/2020
Offer contract received and sent in with deposit: 07/16/2020
Seller returned offer contract: 07/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 09/1/2020
Closing docs received: 09/4/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/4/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 52 days and counting...
offer to ROFR: 49 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 3 days and counting...
Closing to Points in Account:

Here is my experience so far, as I’ve done numerous mostly small contracts:

Closed Contracts (offer to points in account):

BRV Resale - 43 days - FidelityResales.com / Mason
AKL Resale #1 - 49 days - DVCbyResale.com / Mason
AKL Resale #2 - 40 days - DVCStore.com / Mason
AKL Resale #3 - 80 days - DVCResaleMarket.com / Magic Vacation Title (start of Covid)
CCV Resale #1 - 91 days - FidelityResales.com / Mason (Covid, end-May to end-August)

In progress:
SSR Resale - *************.com / TRCS - 38 days to pass ROFR, 68 days (+30) to closing & deed recording, 115 days (+47) to contract appearing, 119 total days and counting... (no points yet)
CCV Small Resale #2 - *************.com / TRCS - 41 days to pass ROFR, 51 total days so far, waiting for seller closing (offer made 7/14, sent to ROFR 7/15)
CCV Small Resale #3 - FidelityResales.com / Mason - 49 days to pass ROFR, 52 total days so far, waiting for seller to return closing docs (offer made 7/15, sent to ROFR 7/21)

Mason seems to have that special inside tract to receive estoppel much faster than other closing companies.:rolleyes2

16 days since closing. Hoping to get my 2018 points that were banked to a friend who is traveling in October, so she can give me 2019 points, and then book a Feb 21 trip. A G O N I Z I N G wait.

16 days since closing. Hoping to get my 2018 points that were banked to a friend who is traveling in October, so she can give me 2019 points, and then book a Feb 21 trip. A G O N I Z I N G wait.

Do you just mean try and book her an October trip? Because those points can’t be given to another account.

I also have not yet seen any reports if the extension will transfer to new owners, Just keep that in mind as it is a manual adjustment...unless it’s a Dec UY...then it’s all good!

Last edited:
Do you just mean try and book her an October trip? Because those points can’t be given to another account.

I also have not yet seen any reports if the extension will transfer to new owners, Just keep that in mind as it is a manual adjustment...unless it’s a Dec UY...then it’s all good!
She already booked her trip. I had written the points off as lost but if I get the points in time, will transfer them to her. It’s a December contract.

She already booked her trip. I had written the points off as lost but if I get the points in time, will transfer them to her. It’s a December contract.

Sorry...I was unclear. Even a Dec UY can’t be transferred. Banked points never can. But that Dec UY means they will transfer to you from the Previous owner since they will not have expired yet

But, if you can rebook her on your membership, then it will work!

Home: PVB
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/11/20
Offer accepted: 6/12/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/20
Passed ROFR: 7/28/20
Closing docs received: 7/31/20
Closing docs returned: 7/31/20
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 8/12/20
Deed recorded: 8/13/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/3/20
Points in account: 9/4/20

Hooray! Can’t believe we are finally done. I did ask Disney for the points after the contract posted since I had a trip waiting to be booked and availability was dwindling. They were nice enough to unlock the points quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home: PVB
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 6/11/20
Offer accepted: 6/12/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/15/20
Passed ROFR: 7/28/20
Closing docs received: 7/31/20
Closing docs returned: 7/31/20
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 8/12/20
Deed recorded: 8/13/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/3/20
Points in account: 9/4/20

Hooray! Can’t believe we are finally done. I did ask Disney for the points after the contract posted since I had a trip waiting to be booked and availability was dwindling. They were nice enough to unlock the points quickly.
I think this is the fastest deed recording to contract showing yet!! Let’s hope this means MA is picking up some momentum :moped:

I think this is the fastest deed recording to contract showing yet!! Let’s hope this means MA is picking up some momentum :moped:

Yea I was pretty surprised. I told myself not even to bother checking until next week but I couldn’t help myself and checked several times a day. I did get the email first though before I saw it added to my account.

I was not a dvc member when I was in ROFR, I ended up picking up a direct contract right as ROFR ended. I was concerned that I would end up with two membership numbers because I had filled out the paperwork for the resale saying I was a new member, which wasn’t the case anymore. My guide reached out to someone when I was making my direct purchase to make sure resale and direct ended up under the same number. There is a chance that might have moved me up in line a bit?

Yea I was pretty surprised. I told myself not even to bother checking until next week but I couldn’t help myself and checked several times a day. I did get the email first though before I saw it added to my account.

I was not a dvc member when I was in ROFR, I ended up picking up a direct contract right as ROFR ended. I was concerned that I would end up with two membership numbers because I had filled out the paperwork for the resale saying I was a new member, which wasn’t the case anymore. My guide reached out to someone when I was making my direct purchase to make sure resale and direct ended up under the same number. There is a chance that might have moved me up in line a bit?
Oh interesting! That’s very possible!! I’m glad it worked out for you!

Hi all, Happy Labor Day weekend! I wanted to see if anyone has experienced a delay in Estoppel being issued and if so if it meant there was an issue with points. I’m at day 15 after passing ROFR, still waiting on estoppel. I assume it’s ok but just curious if any of you had a similar experience and what the outcome was. As always thank you for your feedback!

I had a situation where the seller changed names on the deed but the paperwork was filed incorrectly so it never got through to Disney. For some reason, they didn’t pick up on that though and did send estoppel. It was the title company who flagged it because the names didn’t match up on the contract to the deed, so technically it would’ve been illegal to sell it to me.

The seller was furious as they paid for the title company to do it (different one as to who was handling the resale contract) but they had done the paperwork incorrectly. Apparently this was First American. They ended up figuring out a work around but it took an extra week to get the closing documents. Will be almost 4 weeks now since waiving ROFR.

I had a situation where the seller changed names on the deed but the paperwork was filed incorrectly so it never got through to Disney. For some reason, they didn’t pick up on that though and did send estoppel. It was the title company who flagged it because the names didn’t match up on the contract to the deed, so technically it would’ve been illegal to sell it to me.

The seller was furious as they paid for the title company to do it (different one as to who was handling the resale contract) but they had done the paperwork incorrectly. Apparently this was First American. They ended up figuring out a work around but it took an extra week to get the closing documents. Will be almost 4 weeks now since waiving ROFR.

woof! Glad it’s working out now for you!

Home: VGF
Offer made: 7/12/20
Offer accepted: 7/12/20
Sent to ROFR: 7/14/20
Passed ROFR: 8/18/20
Closing docs received: 9/1/20
Closing docs returned: 9/4/20
Sellers closing docs returned: 9/3/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Sorry...I was unclear. Even a Dec UY can’t be transferred. Banked points never can. But that Dec UY means they will transfer to you from the Previous owner since they will not have expired yet

But, if you can rebook her on your membership, then it will work!
Oh drat. It’s only 7 points, won’t book a night, but no great loss. Now I just want enough time to book a week in February, assuming covid is petered out by then.

For those of you who may be interested in the saga of an international seller (in England), so far so good. The seller has been very responsive. I got an email from my broker on 8/27 that said the seller confirmed the receipt of their closing docs but they couldn't get an appointment with a notary until today, 9/4. They are supposed to send the paperwork back by Fedex afterwards so, considering its a holiday weekend, I don't know when it will fall into the hands of Fidelity (assuming they send it back right away).

Just figured I'd keep everyone informed since international sellers isn't seen every day (although not uncommon)

Happy Labor Day weekend to my US friends! 14 days to Disneyworld!!!

Our English seller also was very fast and didn't have any issues getting a notary. I think England is a little easier than some places in Europe, especially now. We actually got our closing papers in after her, because we were on vacation staying at BWV for the first time, which is where we bought.

Home: BCV
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: Jeff Sweet
Offer made: 5/20/2020
Offer accepted: 5/20/2020
Sent to ROFR: 5/21/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/01/2020 (41 Days)
Closing docs received: 7/20/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/21/2020
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 7/28/2020
Deed recorded: 7/28/2020
Contract showing on membership: 8/21/2020 (32 days since close)
Points in account: 9/6/2020
Total Days: 108

In complete shock!! Wasn’t expecting our contract to show up for at least a few more weeks, but we received our emails yesterday! 4 weeks after closing!! Late last night my husband said something about getting our emails and I was like, “Wait... you’re joking. There’s no way! I didn’t get any emails!!” And sure enough, he showed me his email! I really thought he was playing the most cruel joke ever!

They left one of the letters in my email address out, so no wonder I didn’t get them. So looks like I need to contact someone to get that fixed. should I contact Member Services about this? And while I’ve got them on the phone, I may ask about loading my points so we can book our first trip for the end of September when our friends go!!

**Updated to add contract showing!**

Home: Copper Creek
Offer made: 5/28/20
Offer accepted: 5/29/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/5/20
Passed ROFR: 7/20/20
Closing docs received: 7/29/20
Closing docs returned: 7/30/20
Closing: 8/7/20
Deed recorded: 8/11/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/4/20
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 99 days and counting...
Offer Sent to ROFR: 8 days
Sent to passing ROFR: 45 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 18 days
Closing to Points in Account: 28 days and counting...

Home: Copper Creek
Offer made: 5/28/20
Offer accepted: 5/29/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/5/20
Passed ROFR: 7/20/20
Closing docs received: 7/29/20
Closing docs returned: 7/30/20
Closing: 8/7/20
Deed recorded: 8/11/20
Points in account:

TIME TOTAL: 85 days and counting...
Offer Sent to ROFR: 8 days
Sent to passing ROFR: 45 days
ROFR passing to Closing: 18 days
Closing to Points in Account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter