Closing Time!!

I sent 2 emails during that time with no reply. So yesterday I started a chat and was able to get them loaded. During the chat, he did mention the typically timeframe was 10-14 business days, which is different than the email of 7-10 business days. I was on business day 13.

So how did you do that? I tried live chat and they said there was nothing they can do.

Im on business day 8.......

Do you get an email from Disney when the points are loaded? Just wondering if I need to keep checking my account obsessively.

Do you get an email from Disney when the points are loaded? Just wondering if I need to keep checking my account obsessively.

You just get the email when the contract is loaded. I am told the points just appear. I am in the same position as you.......

So how did you do that? I tried live chat and they said there was nothing they can do.

Im on business day 8.......
I just mentioned it was 13 business days since the contract was loaded, and I needed the points to make a reservation for September. Also mentioned my first choice of resort became unavailable within those 13 days. Guess I got lucky.

Just received the following email from my realtor

Quick update - DVC will be delayed in transferring the membership to you for about two more weeks - there was an extended reservation on the listing that was somehow overlooked through the contract process

So I guess I can stop obsessively checking my email now

I tried the other day and it did not work. I will try again.

ETA: Department that handles that only works until 5:00 pm but the CM said I could try tomorrow, but not sure if they will be able to help regardless.
I just tried calling in today as well. It has been over 10 business days since my contract loaded. I was very polite but the CM said to wait another week and to call back and then they will transfer me over to get the points loaded.

I just mentioned it was 13 business days since the contract was loaded, and I needed the points to make a reservation for September. Also mentioned my first choice of resort became unavailable within those 13 days. Guess I got lucky.

Today is day 19 from when my contract was loaded. I tried chat today and she said they can’t do anything and to try calling in a week when my 7 month window hits but no guarantees they will do something... Guess it depends on the cast member? I wonder if I should just keep trying to get different ones on chat to see if one will eventually be able to do something?

Today is day 19 from when my contract was loaded. I tried chat today and she said they can’t do anything and to try calling in a week when my 7 month window hits but no guarantees they will do something... Guess it depends on the cast member? I wonder if I should just keep trying to get different ones on chat to see if one will eventually be able to do something?

I had success calling the phone number today. I didn't even have a wait. Our membership number was emailed to us this morning. I told them that I wanted to book a trip in November and May. What seemed to push them was the trip in November. They also made the reservations for me. While I was waiting she even confirmed that I was sure I was going in November. I wasn't lying so I had no problem with her making the reservations for me. So this definitely is either cast members choice or it depends on when you tell them you plan on going. I was very happy with the service I received and am even more happy to have our two bedroom Savannah room booked for both stays. Guys weekend in November and we are taking the family in May. I'm also going to spend a night in Bay Lake in November a day before the rest of my party joins.

Home : VGF
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 6/02/20
Offer accepted: 6/02/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/03/20
Passed ROFR: 7/29/20
Closing docs received: 8/12/20
Closing docs returned: 8/12/20
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing: 8/25/20
Deed recorded: 8/25/20
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Last edited:
I had success calling the phone number today. I didn't even have a wait. Our membership number was emailed to us this morning. I told them that I wanted to book a trip in November and May. What seemed to push them was the trip in November. They also made the reservations for me. While I was waiting she even confirmed that I was sure I was going in November. I wasn't lying so I had no problem with her making the reservations for me. So this definitely is either cast members choice or it depends on when you tell them you plan on going. I was very happy with the service I received and am even more happy to have our two bedroom Savannah room booked for both stays. Guys weekend in November and we are taking the family in May. I'm also going to spend a night in Bay Lake in November a day before the rest of my party joins.

That’s helpful to know. I’m not looking to book until April so they probably didn’t feel any urgency to do anything :(

My deed is finally showing up on the website. Now it's the countdown for the contract and points to show up in my account:

Home: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/23/2020
Offer accepted: 6/23/2020
Sent to ROFR: 6/29/2020
Passed ROFR: 8/3/2020 (35 days)
Closing docs received: 8/11/2020
Closing docs returned: 8/12/2020
Sellers closing docs returned: 8/19/2020 (?)
Closing: 8/20/2020
Deed recorded: 08/24/2020
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:
That was fast, I closed on the 13 of August , and no news from Disney, but I am a new member...

That’s helpful to know. I’m not looking to book until April so they probably didn’t feel any urgency to do anything :(

I'm guessing that it's it. They didn't even give me the option to book my own trips. So I'm sure they wanted to double and triple check I was being honest. Which was fine by me. They were very helpful and even helped me bank my points for our May trip (we bought a front loaded contract).

I'm guessing that it's it. They didn't even give me the option to book my own trips. So I'm sure they wanted to double and triple check I was being honest. Which was fine by me. They were very helpful and even helped me bank my points for our May trip (we bought a front loaded contract).

I have one of those too just going through closing now too. I'm hoping it'll get recorded by the end of the week, then another 5 - 7 weeks for the contract to be transferred. By then, I will only be 2 months away from a December Aulani trip (and probably only weeks away from my banking window) I'm hoping to take (but who knows) and will need some of those points to book another few nights for the April trip. So I will definitely take a page out of your book and call as soon as the contract shows up!

I have one of those too just going through closing now too. I'm hoping it'll get recorded by the end of the week, then another 5 - 7 weeks for the contract to be transferred. By then, I will only be 2 months away from a December Aulani trip (and probably only weeks away from my banking window) I'm hoping to take (but who knows) and will need some of those points to book another few nights for the April trip. So I will definitely take a page out of your book and call as soon as the contract shows up!

Good luck with everything. They certainly have started to pick up the speed. So that's good for everyone!

Ah, so you can't even talk to anyone then about loading points?!

What day are you on from contract loading?

Today is day 12. And they couldn’t get to MA to find out when the points info will be sent to MS to get them loaded.

That was fast, I closed on the 13 of August , and no news from Disney, but I am a new member...

It was just that deed was recorded for Orange County yesterday when I expected for it to be recorded last Thursday or Friday. I expect it will be several weeks before the contract shows up on my membership and then more time for the points to actually be transferred.

Home : SSR
Broker: www.*************.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 07/05/20
Offer accepted: 12/05/20
Sent to ROFR: 13/05/20
Passed ROFR: 24/06/20
Closing docs received: 16/07/20
Closing: 23/07/20
Deed recorded: 24/07/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 21/08/20
Points in account: 24/08/20
First trip booked 24/08/20 😭

So somehow we managed to get our membership set up in a little over 4 weeks, and the points were loaded 3 days later (member IDs came Friday and points loaded Monday!). I’m well aware many people have been waiting substantially longer so I’m not sure what’s going on, I’m just grateful it’s all completed. I did email member services a week or two back asking for an eta and may have implied if they cause me to miss my 7 month booking window I would be formally complaining, but they never even replied to the email so no idea if that had any impact or not!

also my agent at TRCS was very thorough and very responsive so perhaps that helped too, who knows 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter