Passed ROFR: 6/17/20
Closing docs received: 6/23/20
Closing docs returned: 6/24/20
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

We are three weeks into ROFR, but don't have points coming till 2021 so we are not in any rush, just very grateful to be DVC owners in the future.

Home: Beach Club
Broker:Fidelity
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: April 9
Offer accepted: April 14
Sent To ROFR: April 28
Passed ROFR: June 16
Closing Documents received and returned: June 18
Seller returned closing documents:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract showing up in membership:
Points in account:

Still waiting on seller to return closing documents. I emailed Mason when I sent back closing documents and asked them to inform me when seller returned documents and I would send check.They said they would. I have learned not to send check in too early as I have had several sellers not return documents for several weeks after I sent the money .

Still waiting on seller to return closing documents.

It’s amazing how long so many sellers take to send in the documents. I just can’t understand why they do that. If I was selling I’d want my cash ASAP.

I’m definitely not sending any more money until the sellers send back their documents.

Still waiting on seller to return closing documents. I emailed Mason when I sent back closing documents and asked them to inform me when seller returned documents and I would send check.They said they would. I have learned not to send check in too early as I have had several sellers not return documents for several weeks after I sent the money .

Would others say this is common? As someone going through the process of buying their first resale contract, following this and the ROFR thread, I thought "Closing docs returned:" meant signed paperwork + payment sent to the title company. I like the idea of not sending the money until the seller has returned the closing docs though. Does that delay the process at all?

Update:

Home: VGF
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/30/20
Offer accepted: 4/30/20
Sent to ROFR: 5/1/20
Passed ROFR: 6/16/20
Closing docs received: 6/18/20
Revised closing docs received: 6/22/20 - they said they sent it on 6/18, but we never received it
Closing docs returned: 6/23/20 - wire initiated on 6/23 but not sent until 6/24 due to additional questions at my bank
Seller returned closing docs: 6/22/20
Closing: 6/25/20
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Sharing some information in the hopes it will help others...

Background: Current member, closed and deed was recorded 5/22.

I knew it was going to take a bit for the contract to show and waited. Tuesday (6/22) I received an email mid-day from Member Administration stating that the transfer went through and "the new contract has been listed under your current Member Number." They also indicated it would take 7-10 additional business days before I see the points in my account.
Nothing showed, so almost 48 hours later I replied to the email (and was abundantly kind and thankful, as always) and within the hour I had an email about setting up autopay on my new contract. Logged in, and there it was!

I'm not suggesting we all flood them with emails but if your deed was recorded around when mine was, it's probably worth a friendly note.

I knew it was going to take a bit for the contract to show and waited. Tuesday (6/22) I received an email mid-day from Member Administration stating that the transfer went through and "the new contract has been listed under your current Member Number." They also indicated it would take 7-10 additional business days before I see the points in my account.
Nothing showed, so almost 48 hours later I replied to the email (and was abundantly kind and thankful, as always) and within the hour I had an email about setting up autopay on my new contract. Logged in, and there it was!

I'm not suggesting we all flood them with emails but if your deed was recorded around when mine was, it's probably worth a friendly note.

Thanks. I'm going to drop a note today. We were filed with OC Comptroller on the same day and I haven't heard a peep.

I wonder whether this would work if you were not current member. Could you send me the email address or direct me to the right place please?

Home: AKV
Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 3/5/2020
Offer accepted: 3/5/2020
Sent to ROFR: 3/6/2020
Passed ROFR: 3/25/2020
Closing docs received: 5/4/2020
Closing docs returned: 5/4/2020
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/22/2020 (delayed closing)
Deed recorded: 5/22/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/25/2020
Points in account:

Finally!!! Almost there!

I finally also can breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't all a big scam... 😂

Interestingly though, my first 2 direct contracts show as Kidani, but this one shows as Jambo! We much prefer Jambo, so glad that the bulk of our points are arbitrarily aligned to it.

Home: SSR
Offer Made: 5/1
Offer Accepted: 5/1
ROFR Sent: 5/5
ROFR Passed: 6/17 (43 days)
Closing Documents Received: 6/22
Closing Documents Sent: 6/22
Funds Sent: 6/22
Seller Sent Closing Documents: 6/23
Closing: 6/25
Deed Recorded:
Account showing contract:
Points loaded:

Wowww Mason Title and Magic Vacation Title getting those closing docs out quick. Let's move it along Fidelity 😄

Mason seems to have a secret way to receive the estoppel. First American says it takes 3-4 weeks to receive it before they can send closing documents and close but Mason seems to close much quicker.

Home: OKW
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1 June 2020
Offer accepted: 1 June 2020
Sent to ROFR: 4 June 2020
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Mason seems to have a secret way to receive the estoppel. First American says it takes 3-4 weeks to receive it before they can send closing documents and close but Mason seems to close much quicker.
I'm a week today from ROFR passing, but still waiting for closing. I'm using TRCS this time, though I'm not familiar with them at all. I wish now I had asked for Mason...

Home: SSR
Offer Made: 5/1
Offer Accepted: 5/1
ROFR Sent: 5/5
ROFR Passed: 6/17 (43 days)
Closing Documents Received: 6/22
Closing Documents Sent: 6/22
Funds Sent: 6/22
Seller Sent Closing Documents: 6/23
Closing: 6/25
Deed Recorded: 6/26
Points loaded:

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 05/07
Offer Accepted: 5/7
ROFR Sent: 5/12
ROFR Passed: 6/18
Closing Documents Received:
Closing Documents Sent:
Funds Sent:
Seller Sent Closing Documents:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points loaded:

I am wondering what is taking closing documents so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter