Closing Time!!

Thanks so much for the helpful info. It kills me not knowing if the sellers have sent back their documents. We mailed ours back about 18 hours after receiving them! I only hope our sellers are as motivated to close. Our closing deadline in October 30 so if the sellers wanted to they could drag their feet. I just hope we can close this week but I'm sure that's a slim chance.

Seriously. The wait is killing me as well.

What the title companies should do is create an online platform that shows where everything is in the process with dates next to when things happened and estimated time frames between one step and the next. Can you imagine if we could log in and see the status of things? Even something as simple as a google doc so we can see what is holding up the next step. Imagine all the time they would save responding to crazy emails from impatient buyers.

OK, probably won't stop the emails, but rather than debating every day whether or not I'll ping my broker/title company, I could quell the crazy with a couple of clicks to see if there are any updates.

Seriously. The wait is killing me as well.

What the title companies should do is create an online platform that shows where everything is in the process with dates next to when things happened and estimated time frames between one step and the next. Can you imagine if we could log in and see the status of things? Even something as simple as a google doc so we can see what is holding up the next step. Imagine all the time they would save responding to crazy emails from impatient buyers.

OK, probably won't stop the emails, but rather than debating every day whether or not I'll ping my broker/title company, I could quell the crazy with a couple of clicks to see if there are any updates.

The wait between ROFR and getting the closing documents was excruciating for my wife and I. When I got the documents, I noted that the title insurance was issued 12 days after it passed ROFR, but then there was a 9 day wait until the title company sent me the package. Of course, we sent them back the next day. Now we're in the wait-on-the-seller-signing, the deed getting recorded, and DVC doing their part phase.

So your deed was recorded the day after closing? Mine has taken forever-four weeks for the seller to send back closing docs, I think, and now company saying 3-4 weeks more for points to be available?
My deed was recorded the day after closing, as well. It took about a week or so for my membership number and points to be available but I called in and did not wait for the paperwork to be sent.

I got an email from the title company Friday saying my documents had be recieved and they are working to close as soon so possible. She said I would be notiifed again once it is closed? So does that mean I won't know the date they choose to close it? Do they only notify you once your contract had been closed?

Magic vacation title BTW.
This is how it worked for me. I did hear from them the day before through email that we were scheduled to close the next day, 9/19, which was the estimated closing date on the paperwork (you should be able to see that somewhere).

Grand Floridian
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American Title

7/25 Offer accepted
7/31 Sent to ROFR
8/17 Passed ROFR
8/31 Closing docs received
9/25 Closing docs returned by seller
10/2 CLOSED!
10/2 Deed recorded on OCC site
... Contract showed up in existing account
... Points loaded into account

Last edited:
This is how it worked for me. I did hear from them the day before through email that we were scheduled to close the next day, 9/19, which was the estimated closing date on the paperwork (you should be able to see that somewhere).
Our contract says close on or before October 30. Wow I really hope it doesn't take that long because we are totally complete and just waiting for closing. I was hoping we would close way before October 30.

How long after you sent back documents did it close? Are you using magic vacation title?

Our contract says close on or before October 30. Wow I really hope it doesn't take that long because we are totally complete and just waiting for closing. I was hoping we would close way before October 30.

How long after you sent back documents did it close? Are you using magic vacation title?
Yes, using ***. But it only took about a week and a half after I sent my docs back. We had a previous issue that caused a delay between ROFR and closing docs sent (there was more than a month between the two).

It's been almost 2 weeks since we had our deed recorder so I called to try to get our member number and activation code. Our 7 month window for our usual dates is in 2 days! Unfortunately the gentleman I spoke to said there is absolutely no way he can get me that information. He wouldn't even look. Is there some secret code word I have to give for them to look? LOL :)
What helped me when we got our first contract is I had the contract number from our sellers that I found on the OCC website...after I gave that to them they let me know I had a new contract number and they asked a few questions and gave me everything i needed over the phone.

I called and the very helpful cast member was able to see my info had arrived and told me that I should check back in a few days. She would move my file to the front of the line for processing for our document arrival day. I would not be moved ahead of others that came in on prior days as they process first-come, first-served by day. It seems they have some flexibility of order when your "day" comes up. She did give me hope that a number and activation will be available by Friday. She also mentioned that she will need my contract number and address of my contract (parcel and resort) when I call back to verify it's me.

Mike

Home: BWV

Offer made/accepted: 8/1
Sent to ROFR: 8/2
Passed ROFR: 8/18
Closing docs received: 8/31
Returned Closing Docs: 9/5
International Sellers Docs Returned: 9/15

Closed: 9/22
Deed recorded: 9/22

51 days from offer to closing with international sellers, feeling really lucky!!

Now to wait for our membership number!

UPDATE: We called member administration/services. The very helpful and polite CMs informed us that our account was created on 9/27 and the points were already loaded. We are first time DVC owners so having our membership number and points 5 days after closing was a nice surprise!

What helped me when we got our first contract is I had the contract number from our sellers that I found on the OCC website...after I gave that to them they let me know I had a new contract number and they asked a few questions and gave me everything i needed over the phone.

Thanks, We were giving them the wrong contract number. oops! Found the right one yesterday and we're all set! Booked our first trip too!

Well I am still waiting on the seller to return the closing documents. I sent my cashiers check on 9/19 so to say I am a bit annoyed is an understatement... I do not understand the hold up. I did confirm that the original documents said to close within 60 days of 8/21 so that is 10/20.... If I don't hear anything by the 13th I am going to be calling them to find out the process to get my $$ back if he doesn't sign by the 20th. At this point I am still seeing contracts with the same points/price so either I will try for a 3rd time or just go to Disney and get half the points direct and be done.

I called and the very helpful cast member was able to see my info had arrived and told me that I should check back in a few days. She would move my file to the front of the line for processing for our document arrival day. I would not be moved ahead of others that came in on prior days as they process first-come, first-served by day. It seems they have some flexibility of order when your "day" comes up. She did give me hope that a number and activation will be available by Friday. She also mentioned that she will need my contract number and address of my contract (parcel and resort) when I call back to verify it's me.

Mike

That’s great! I spoke to MA yesterday (early afternoon) and she said they were processing files from the 27th, so you shouldn’t have to wait much longer!

I called Member Administration today. I was routed to Member Services but the cast member transferred me directly to MA with no wait. I spoke to a really nice woman who tried really hard to find my information. However, nothing was on record. She was able to find the contract with the contract number and seller's names, but it hasn't had any activity since July. So, no record of closing. =/ I closed 10 days ago. She said it could take 14 days to get the information, but she still recommended contacting First American to ask when they submitted everything to Disney.

I just spoke to MA. They received the documents from First American on the 29th and they are currently processing documents received on the 28th, so not much longer!

I'm "that" person who just emailed the title company asking if they have an estimated closing date for us or better yet a real closing date. They received our check and closing documents Friday so it's been 3 business days.

We are leaving for vacation (Hilton Head Island) in 2 weeks and I am so thankful because I need some distraction!

I just spoke to MA. They received the documents from First American on the 29th and they are currently processing documents received on the 28th, so not much longer!
Ours were received by Disney on the 29th as well! The member administrator with whom I spoke wasn't as specific regarding the date they were processing, so this is great "new" news. It looks like they get one day processed at a time give or take...I may call tomorrow as my Friday is crazy as we get ready to leave Saturday for the Poly. Inching closer to "done".
Mike

Ours were received by Disney on the 29th as well! The member administrator with whom I spoke wasn't as specific regarding the date they were processing, so this is great "new" news. It looks like they get one day processed at a time give or take...I may call tomorrow as my Friday is crazy as we get ready to leave Saturday for the Poly. Inching closer to "done".
Mike

She was very confident that they'll be done with the 29th by Thursday.

I'm "that" person who just emailed the title company asking if they have an estimated closing date for us or better yet a real closing date. They received our check and closing documents Friday so it's been 3 business days.

We are leaving for vacation (Hilton Head Island) in 2 weeks and I am so thankful because I need some distraction!

Well I sent my check 9/19 they said it was received 9/21. Now I am still waiting on seller to actually sign said closing paperwork. I hope your seller acts faster than mine and don't worry I keep emailing to ask if he sent it back, you can't be as annoying as me! ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter