Broker: Resales DVC
Title Company: Jeffrey C Sweet
Offer made: 1/09/19
Offer accepted: 1/09/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/10/19
Passed ROFR: 2/06/19
Closing docs received: 2/12/19
Closing docs returned: 2/14/19
Seller returned closing docs: 2/19/19 (may have been sooner, but that is when I asked about it from my title company. She said they were now waiting on Disney to confirm the payment of dues.)
Closing: 2/21/19
Deed recorded:
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:

Closing! You're getting close now. We are also using the same broker and title co.... :)

This is what I came to this thread to look for... I was also told 20-30 days, but seems many people are getting closing docs in ~10 days...

We are using DVC resale market and magic vacation title.
They told me upon returning my closing docs would be 30 days..
That was last Friday and seller had the doc back almost the same day.. today I saw my deed was filed on the comptroller website!! Hopefully points in my account will be added soon!

Could also be Bc we are already owners but I’m thankful it’s moving quickly!

Looking for the average time it seems to take sellers to return docs? Def seems longer than buyers- lol, but they have to notarize correct? I received last Friday and returned Saturday. Holiday Monday might have slowed down but I haven't gotten word that they've returned, getting impatient. Hoping to book September trip. And from reading this thread, seems like once I get notification that docs received and sale is closed, deed should be recorded in next day or two and then 7-10 days from that I should be able to call to get membership number/access to DVC site to book, does that sound right? First purchase :)

Looking for the average time it seems to take sellers to return docs? Def seems longer than buyers- lol, but they have to notarize correct? I received last Friday and returned Saturday. Holiday Monday might have slowed down but I haven't gotten word that they've returned, getting impatient. Hoping to book September trip. And from reading this thread, seems like once I get notification that docs received and sale is closed, deed should be recorded in next day or two and then 7-10 days from that I should be able to call to get membership number/access to DVC site to book, does that sound right? First purchase :)

We have had two completely different experiences. Our first resale contract it took like a month for the seller to get docs back. First they sent the wrong documents, they were selling multiple contracts. Then they forgot to sign something it delayed our closing and the whole process till it closed took almost 3 months.

Our latest contract the seller must have returned them right away because we closed two weeks after receiving the documents. The entire process from offer to closing only took 5 1/2 weeks which to me is insanely fast considering ROFR took 26 days.

Second Update:

Home: BWV
Offer made: 1/17/19
Offer accepted: 1/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/17/19
Passed ROFR: 2/19/19
Closing docs received: 2/22/19
Closing docs returned: 2/22/19
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:

2nd Update

Home: BWV
Offer made: 1/09/19
Offer accepted: 1/09/19
Passed ROFR: 2/06/19
Closing docs received: 2/12/19
Closing docs returned: 2/14/19
Seller returned closing docs: 2/19/19 (may have been sooner, but that is when I asked about it from my title company. She said they were now waiting on Disney to confirm the payment of dues.)
Closing: 2/21/19
Deed recorded: 2/21/19
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:
Mail from dvc with member number:

Last edited:
Thought I'd post mine, though it is now official!

Home: AKV
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 12/10/18
Offer accepted: 12/12/18
Sent to ROFR: 12/17/18
Passed ROFR: 1/09/19
Closing docs received: 1/29/19
Closing docs returned: 1/30/19
Seller returned closing docs: 2/05/19
Closing: 2/07/19
Deed recording: 2/07/19
*At this point I went on vacation. By the time I returned on 2/16/19, I had received the letter from Disney and points were in my account, so I don't know for certain the dates for contract visible, points in account, and mail from DVC!

So 2 months (plus or minus a couple days) from offer to complete finalization!

I'm in the same boat. I'd think they are anxious to get their money, but maybe the notarization process is slow for some folks? Who knows.

Almost there

Updated again
Home: HHI
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Wilson Law
Offer made: 1/10/19
Offer accepted: 1/10/19
Passed ROFR: 2/6/19
Closing docs received:2/13/19
Closing docs returned:2/13/19
Closing:2/19/19
Deed recorded:2/20/19
Contract Visible:2/26/19
Points in my account:
Mail from dvc with member number:na

2nd Update: 2/27

Home: VGC
Contract Details: hichicha---$185-$33064-170-VGC-Jun-170/18, 340/19, 170/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/11
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/11
Offer accepted: 1/11
Sent to ROFR: 1/15
Passed ROFR: 2/11
Closing docs received: 2/20 (delayed because estoppel info was incorrect)
Closing docs returned: 2/20
Seller returned closing docs: 2/26
Closing: 2/27
Deed Recorded:
Account created:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
final update all done

Home: HHI
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Wilson Law
Offer made: 1/10/19
Offer accepted: 1/10/19
Passed ROFR: 2/6/19
Closing docs received:2/13/19
Closing docs returned:2/13/19
Closing:2/19/19
Deed recorded:2/20/19
Contract Visible:2/26/19
Points in my account:2/27/19
Mail from dvc with member number:N\A

Not too bad even with the long ROFR just under 8 weeks from offer submitted to points in our account.

3rd Update: 3/1

Home: VGC
Contract Details: hichicha---$185-$33064-170-VGC-Jun-170/18, 340/19, 170/20- sent 1/15, passed 2/11
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/11
Offer accepted: 1/11
Sent to ROFR: 1/15
Passed ROFR: 2/11
Closing docs received: 2/20 (delayed because estoppel info was incorrect)
Closing docs returned: 2/20
Seller returned closing docs: 2/26
Closing: 2/27
Deed Recorded: 2/28
Account created:
Points in my account:

Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/3/19
Offer accepted: 2/3/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/3/19
Passed ROFR: 2/28/19
Closing docs received:3/1/19
Closing docs returned: 3/2/19 via email
Funds sent: 3/1/19 via wire
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/11/19
Offer accepted: 1/12/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/15/19
Passed ROFR: 2/11/19
Closing docs received:2/18/19
Closing docs returned: 2/27/19 overnight mail
Funds sent: 2/27/19 overnight mail
Seller returned closing docs:2/28/19
Closing: 3/1/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/4/19
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

This was pretty fast imo, and could have been faster if it didn't take me as long to get my docs returned. Sellers were great about returning all their docs asap. Or maybe I just heard so many horror stories this is normal and I was expecting the worst!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter