Closing Time! Points

Luna2008

Earning My Ears
How do I get my points loaded into my account? I purchased a resale contract and received my welcome home email with Membership number and activation code. Through chat the cast member stated it would take 4-8 weeks. I have noticed that points are loaded in a day or so, who do I contact to help get my points faster?

Try chat again or you can try calling member services and see if they're able to load them faster.

We weren’t in a hurry and didn’t push to load the points. I’ve read others having success with chat and mentioning they want to book a trip while there’s still availability. If I remember correctly my resale company said 7-10 days is normal. How many days has it been? Can’t hurt to try chat again and let them know if you’re trying to book asap.

I received emails yesterday and logged in to create my account this morning. I am being a little impatient because the dates and resort I want to book is actually available.

I received emails yesterday and logged in to create my account this morning. I am being a little impatient because the dates and resort I want to book is actually available.

Usually they can load the points if you ask at least one day after they show up online.

I called Member Services when I got the "Welcome Home" email. This has got to be the dumbest email I've ever seen - it's not really clear what is going to happen- the only reason I know is from reading these boards. I asked the gal on the line just what happened next and she was so nice - loaded everything for me and I was done in 15 minutes tops! I highly recommend calling.

This person called to good results. Goodluck.

This person called to good results. Goodluck.
I agree!! I was so excited to get the emails, I created my account, and the dashboard shows zero points. Now I'm a little confused thinking I brought a contract that didn't have any points. Then I chat and member services tells me it will take 4-6 weeks. My excitement took a dive, please just load my points. I'm a newbie, this is my first dvc contract, so still trying to navigate everything. Thanks for the advice. I will be calling member services and I hope I get someone helpful.

I agree!! I was so excited to get the emails, I created my account, and the dashboard shows zero points. Now I'm a little confused thinking I brought a contract that didn't have any points. Then I chat and member services tells me it will take 4-6 weeks. My excitement took a dive, please just load my points. I'm a newbie, this is my first dvc contract, so still trying to navigate everything. Thanks for the advice. I will be calling member services and I hope I get someone helpful.
I seem to remember reading it could take 48-72 hours before CM can load it. Can’t find where I read it though so just going off memory. It also seems to depend on the CM. Maybe give it a couple days and try calling. If that doesn’t work try the chat a couple days later.

If the contract shows up in your account online without points, call member services. They just loaded mine the day after the contract showed up. They didn’t seem to mind doing it.

How do I get my points loaded into my account? I purchased a resale contract and received my welcome home email with Membership number and activation code. Through chat the cast member stated it would take 4-8 weeks. I have noticed that points are loaded in a day or so, who do I contact to help get my points faster?
Here’s the thread for those at the end of resale buying https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/page-256#post-65086116 If you read the last couple of pages it looks like most are able to have their points loaded w/in a day or two via chat or a call, even if you don’t ask via chat or a call it looks like they load after a few days.

My contract loaded Monday and my points show up on my dashboard but when I go to book a room my contract isn’t there. I can see my direct contracts there but not my resale. Should I be able to book a room if I can see contract on dashboard?

My contract loaded Monday and my points show up on my dashboard but when I go to book a room my contract isn’t there. I can see my direct contracts there but not my resale. Should I be able to book a room if I can see contract on dashboard?
It depends what resort you are looking at and how far out you're trying to book. Only your home resorts will show up if you're trying to book from 7 to 11 months out, and resale points can't be used to book Riviera or VDH (with exceptions for grandfathered contracts), so those resorts won't show up regardless of when you're trying to book.

It depends what resort you are looking at and how far out you're trying to book. Only your home resorts will show up if you're trying to book from 7 to 11 months out, and resale points can't be used to book Riviera or VDH (with exceptions for grandfathered contracts), so those resorts won't show up regardless of when you're trying to book.
Thanks I figured it out. We have 2 membership numbers so I had to select the new one. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter