(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you add us? We will be staying August 19th-23rd before our Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise!!! I'm so excited to be staying at this resort. I was originally booked at CSR, but got a great rate and made the switch. We will hopefully have adjoining rooms since were bringing my parents along! Its going to be a long 9 month wait.

We arrived at the WL today. :goodvibes We had an uneventful flight down but hit a huge mob at the Magical Express loading area. It took almost an hour from the time we walked off the plane until the bus pulled away from the airport. But after stopping at the Poly and GF, we pulled into the WL and were checked in by a nice CM with an iPad. He even had us sit on the couch while he handed us our KTTW cards and other information. I think he just wanted to rest, too, since he sat down with us. ;)

The room wasn't ready yet so we headed over to MK. It was 1:50pm and we had a 2:10pm fastpass reservation for Be Our Guest for lunch. We made it there by 2:15pm - MagicBands worked perfectly. Since we hadn't had anything to eat except a granola bar since 5:30am, we were hungry. I had the braised pork which was very delicious. :goodvibes My DH had the french onion soup, which was just okay, and the roast beef, again, just okay, and cold french fries. I definitely got the better meal. :thumbsup2 I decided to cancel our ADR for Monday night. I really just wanted to see the inside of the castle, which was gorgeous. But lunch is good enough for us. :)

Then we rode the PeopleMover and went back to the room. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in the room when we got in it. We had booked a woods view room and I had requested an open balcony and the north wing, neither of which we got. We got a closed balcony on the south side and we are right above the Cub's Den. It is nice and wooded here, though. I'll post some pictures later. The luggage hadn't arrived yet either, and we had landed 5 hours earlier. I guess that's what happens when you arrive on a Saturday during the holidays.

So DH and I decided to check out the Territory Lounge. That really helped to relax us a bit. We decided to just hang around the resort tonight, rather than head off to a park. We were walking toward the beach when we smelled the campfire. It was marshmallow roasting time. :goodvibes My marshmallow only caught on fire a few times, :rolleyes1, but that was fun. I haven't roasted marshmallows over a fire in ages. Then we headed off to explore the villas.

The Hidden Springs pool is open and looks the same. They didn't put a fence around it. We found the train room, which really doesn't have too many trains. DH and I played Chinese Checkers on one of the game tables. He beat me but that was okay. We had fun. Then we sat in these big leather rocking chairs in front of the fire. It was like we had our own personal den, since we were the only ones there for awhile. They moved the movie to that room because of the wind. We left once the movie began and headed off to Roaring Forks for a bite to eat. Since we ate such a late lunch, we shared a meal.

We stopped in the Mercantile to see if they had any Christmas merchandise. They have a bunch of "stuff" but it wasn't themed to the Wilderness Lodge. I had a nice chat with the CM who told me that the Mercantile was going to be completely overhauled with a different layout, more merchandise and less clothing. He said that the only thing that was a Wilderness Lodge item with a Christmas theme was a pin. It was pretty cute and the pin slides open.

b98ce821-110b-453c-b0af-a09fe88c89b4_zpsaa0ca942.jpg

Then we turned in early. I'm really glad we decided to just hang around the resort and relax. This is the perfect resort to do it at, too. :thumbsup2

Tomorrow morning we are walking over to Fort Wilderness for breakfast at Trail's End. I got a lot of things checked off my WL bucket list today. And Trails End will be another one. :)

ETA: The MagicBands were great. We put them on at the airport and they worked for the Magical Express. They worked at MK, for our room, at the Territory Lounge and Roaring Forks. We haven't tried our KTTW cards yet for anything. But I want to see if they will pull a traditional fastpass, so I'll let you know if they work for that.

And the Bounceback calendar is in the Be Our guest book in the welcome packet that is in the room. It is 35% off deluxe villas and resorts, and 30% off moderate resorts. I will post a picture later.

Thank you so much for the post!! I hope you have a great time. I arrive on Friday 7:00 p.m. - will you still be there?

Okay--on my iPad and not sure how to multi quote. Sorry!

WL is gorgeous as always! We have a woods view bunk bed room on the 3rd floor facing MK. Watched fireworks through the trees last night. Pond is a little gross, but we've seen several beautiful birds in it. I like this location a lot--very convenient to everything and quick access to the boat to MK.

Photo won't come through?

url]

Toiletries are minis and not enough for a family of four to all shampoo, so we will need to ask for more.

I think it is too cold to swim, but there are those who disagree. I think it is great hot tub weather, but I'm not up to the wet walk back to the room.

Smoking person on the balcony next door. Ugh!!

Took our Christmas card photo in the lobby this morning. One of the girls had a splotch of strawberry sauce on her shirt, but we are going to use it anyway--tonga toast!!

Sounds like those of your there are enjoying yourself..very excited to see it in so few days ow that i want to jump up and down when i think of it.

Kook?? I think we arrive the same day 22nd? Would love to shake your hand for this amazing thread!!

We will be having a late breakfast on Christmas morning at Whispering Canyon. Is there a FP photographer this year for pics by the tree? Any special events planned for Christmas Day?

Noelle

We arrived yesterday and it's been great. Besides a boat delay from the Contemporary due to the Fireworks cruise we have zero complaints. The CL staff honored our room request and let us keep the same room (booked using diff deals) and the lodge is beautifully decorated!

We also arrived yesterday!

Check-in was a bit of cluster - Saturday of a holiday weekend. We're staying CL and had done online check-in. No one greeted us out front, so we went inside and got in the online check-in line (which, sidebar, was much longer & for some reason slower than the regular check-in line). After waiting a bit, my husband wandered outside to see if we had just missed the CL check-in person, but when he asked he was told to get in line inside. So after waiting for 10 minutes, they waved us over to the regular check-in line....and then called someone to take us upstairs to check-in. Ironically the things that are supposed to give you a faster check-in (staying CL and doing online check-in) resulted in a much longer wait for us. Bah!

OTOH, our room was ready, it's in great condition and has a fabulous view of the fireworks (I think we're only two rooms down from the room we had last year). Staff has been super-friendly and our mousekeeper is a doll. We spent this morning at MK, but I think we're just going to spend the rest of the day enjoying the beautiful resort. :thumbsup2

We will be at WL in 6 days!!! We selected a courtyard view but don't have any other room preferences. Hopefully this work week goes by fast.

Newbie question :)

What's the difference between the villas and regular rooms you can book yourself.

I'm looking into renting points for VWL and am just curious.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the post!! I hope you have a great time. I arrive on Friday 7:00 p.m. - will you still be there?
Unfortunately, we check out on Thursday. :sad1:
I think it is too cold to swim, but there are those who disagree. I think it is great hot tub weather, but I'm not up to the wet walk back to the room. Smoking person on the balcony next door. Ugh!!
It was too cold for us yesterday, too. And it was rainy, too. Make sure you call the front desk if that smoking person smokes on the balcony again. It is against the rules to smoke on the balconies, rooms, or anywhere else except the designated area.
We will be having a late breakfast on Christmas morning at Whispering Canyon. Is there a FP photographer this year for pics by the tree? Any special events planned for Christmas Day? Noelle
There is a pp photographer in front of the tree. There were families all dressed up for Christmas photos last night. :santa:
Newbie question :) What's the difference between the villas and regular rooms you can book yourself. I'm looking into renting points for VWL and am just curious. Thank you!
If you rent points then there are limited housekeeping services. They don't wash the dishes, for example. If you get your VWL reservation through the Disney resort reservation system, then your VWL room will be treated the same way a normal resort room would be treated. FWIW: Even though we already had a fastpass for lunch at Be Our Guest yesterday, I was able to make another one for lunch on Thursday. I had read that someone else was able to do this, so I tried it. And it worked. The first time we sat in the library. On Thursday we will try to get the West Wing. And my MagicBand suddenly stopped working. I was able to get into the room before lunch, but wasn't able to use the band to buy lunch at Roaring Forks. Then it wouldn't work for the room. The KTTW card works fine. I'm in no hurry to get it fixed, though. I'm hoping it will magically repair itself. ;) As long as the KTTW works, I'm fine for now.

ETA: now my MB works. I guess it needed a nap, too.

Current/recent guests, are the laundry facilities still coin-operated? Thought I'd read about them becoming credit-card only somewhere...

Thanks!

...Toiletries are minis and not enough for a family of four to all shampoo, so we will need to ask for more....

That works if you are a Disney guest and not DVC on points. If you are DVC on points in the Villas, you will need to purchase more if you want more or bring some from home. I think they sell larger containers in the Merchantile at WL.

Okay--on my iPad and not sure how to multi quote. Sorry!

WL is gorgeous as always! We have a woods view bunk bed room on the 3rd floor facing MK. Watched fireworks through the trees last night. Pond is a little gross, but we've seen several beautiful birds in it. I like this location a lot--very convenient to everything and quick access to the boat to MK.

Photo won't come through?

url]

Toiletries are minis and not enough for a family of four to all shampoo, so we will need to ask for more.

I think it is too cold to swim, but there are those who disagree. I think it is great hot tub weather, but I'm not up to the wet walk back to the room.

Smoking person on the balcony next door. Ugh!!

Took our Christmas card photo in the lobby this morning. One of the girls had a splotch of strawberry sauce on her shirt, but we are going to use it anyway--tonga toast!!

What is the weather temp? The photo of the pond is Gross...is that Otter Pond? Have a great trip - I get there on Friday will you still be there?

Hi All!
We just booked an April Wilderness Lodge visit today and have a few questions. Thanks in advance for any responses!

1. Do all rooms have balconies?
2. Where are the laundries located?
3. We booked a standard view room. Is a better view worth the upgrade?
4. Is it possible to request a rollaway bed in these rooms?

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

It's about time. It has been too cold for swimming until today. We'll be at the pool after lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. I can't wait.

Sunday night we got back from Epcot just in time to catch the MVMCP fireworks from the beach. The Electric Water Parade rolled up about five minutes after the fireworks started. It was really nice to see them both at once. It was a pretty good view of the fireworks and they were a little fancier than the normal ones we saw last night.

We have enjoyed our WL stay so much that we booked our bounce back for October. This time we are going to try the courtyard view. But after my initial disappointment that we didn't get a north wing view of the high fireworks from our room, I've come to love this room we are in now - woods views, above Cub's Den. It is about as close to the bus stop as you can get and the closed balcony means that no one can see into the room. I am sitting on the bed right now and all I see is woods and a corner of the villas. No one but birds can see me. ;)

Now we are heading to MK to see the opening show. I've never seen the whole thing before, just the last two minutes.

:)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter