• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, so with 2 kids and 4 adults better buy more, really don't want to do laundry but by daughterinlaw thinks she needs to so I guess it's probably only one of those smell boxes.

Hi I may be staying at BLT in a studio. Reservation is for a baylake view. I stayed here previously in a one bedroom with same view. But after reading through all the posts found some great info as to which would also have an MK view. Those that have stayed in a studio with lake view view do you remember what room number you had that you could also see "wishes" fireworks ?
Many thanks :)

Going to be visiting i the CR in September and am making some ADRs next week. I'm looking for a recent room service menu with prices, mainly so we can eat something before we head to the airport on the last day. Our Magical express pickup is likely about 730 am, so it would be tight to try and eat at those restaurants in the lobby. Just trying to see if I should try that vs. a 7am ADR.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Btw this my first post. I like it on the disboards.
:welcome: to the DIS and the BLT/CR thread, aggieob1!

The Contempo Cafe is a CR Quick Serve and it opens at 0600 so that would work for you. The Wave doesn't open until your ME arrives. In Room Dining can be pre-ordered and delivered at a set time after 0600. That might work well for you or the suggestion of breakfast at MCO. You can also buy some snacks/fruit/drinks at CC or Fantasia the night before and have them the next morning. The coffee shop near the CR check-in, Contemporary Grounds, might be a great option for you because it's almost right next to the ME pick-up. They serve pastries and drinks and open at 0530.

Can 6 people stay in the garden wing rooms? 2 adults and 3 kids , if not what rooms accomadate 6??
All the CR rooms will accommodate 5, except the Deluxe Rooms and the King rooms.

I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere in the thread (I searched, but didn't see anything), but is there even the possibility of getting studios in BLT that connect? We are taking our kids to Disney for the first time this Oct. and I want to stay at BLT, but looking online there are no 1 BR available for our dates. I am going to look into renting points, but looked on the Disney site just for price comparison and possible availability. We have 3 little ones so I think a studio would absolutely be too small for us. So my thought was if we could get connecting studios we could just rent two of them for about the same price as a 1 BR would have been. But if they were not connected they would automatically rule that idea out.

Alternately, saw that the Garden Wing deluxe room is available for our dates. Anyone stayed there with a party of 5? What would be the downsides of staying there vs. a 1 BR in BLT?
I don't know about the connecting Studios. The studios are actually smaller than the CR rooms. People do cancel all the time, so don't give-up on the one bedroom.

The Deluxe rooms only have one king and a queen sleeper. They have a max. occupancy of 4. They are over 600 SF so they are about 200 SF smaller than a BLT one bedroom. The one bedroom has two bathrooms and the Deluxe room has one. But, since you are a party of 5, the Deluxe room isn't possible, unless you have a child under 3. I would keep trying for the one bedroom or a standard CR room would also work for you.

What is Log-orail? I want on!! This will be our first stay at BLT 1br TPV from 9/13-9/20! So pumped!!! This thread is awesome!
It's at the end of Post #1 and now you're there! You're famouse;)

Hello all!!

I'm joining in on this thread as I just booked DH and I in a Lake View Studio at BLT!!!!! Words can't express how excited I am...for several reasons. For starters, this will be our first ever trip without the kids!!!!! We haven't vacationed just the two of us since about 10 months before my 14yo was born. Secondly, it will be our first time onsite!! As a family of 5, we usually stay offsite so we figured, since it's just the two of us why not stay onsite??

DH really wanted to stay on the monorail and BLT seemed perfect.

Can't wait to learn more about the resort by hanging out in this thread. :cool1:
Congratulations and what fun you're going to have just the two of you:cloud9:

Does anyone know if grand villa at bl has laundry soap, don t want to buy any if I don't have too.
All of the villas have a starter box of soap and if you are staying on a cash reservation, you can request another box. I like to bring the laundry sheets because they are so easy to transport. I take a few laundry sheets and just put them in a sandwich baggie. They also serve as a dryer sheet, but I like to put a few dryer sheets in the baggie, too.

Hi I may be staying at BLT in a studio. Reservation is for a baylake view. I stayed here previously in a one bedroom with same view. But after reading through all the posts found some great info as to which would also have an MK view. Those that have stayed in a studio with lake view view do you remember what room number you had that you could also see "wishes" fireworks ?
Many thanks :)
You can take a look at work2play's BLT Room View/Number thread, it will list what you're looking for. The villa would be a north side, outer villa.

Nobody finds that pool freezing??:confused3

I absolutely find the pools to be freezing. One October it was unseasonably hot (in the 90s all week) and the BLT pool was tolerable as long as you were in the sun and not the shade. Other than that, too cold. And I live in Minnesota!

I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere in the thread (I searched, but didn't see anything), but is there even the possibility of getting studios in BLT that connect? We are taking our kids to Disney for the first time this Oct. and I want to stay at BLT, but looking online there are no 1 BR available for our dates. I am going to look into renting points, but looked on the Disney site just for price comparison and possible availability. We have 3 little ones so I think a studio would absolutely be too small for us. So my thought was if we could get connecting studios we could just rent two of them for about the same price as a 1 BR would have been. But if they were not connected they would automatically rule that idea out.

Alternately, saw that the Garden Wing deluxe room is available for our dates. Anyone stayed there with a party of 5? What would be the downsides of staying there vs. a 1 BR in BLT?

Studios never connect to another studio. If you booked two studios, the parents would have to split up for the trip. And they might not be close to each other.

Asking for a friend... Is the beach area at CR okay for little kids to play in? I know you can't go in the water, but otherwise I didn't know there was a beach area until my wife told me... Even though we've stayed at the CR and BLT in the past. :confused3. I had to look at Kook's pics on page 1 to confirm it existed. :thumbsup2

When are you going? I know what you mean by being so excited! This will be the second trip for my husband and I. We cannot wait. Last time we stayed at Coronado Springs. So this will be great being able to walk to MK and the monorail hopping! I am so excited. I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip :)

We will there Sept 12-15...we are hoping to add another day onto the trip. Crossing my fingers my Mom will say she can handle getting the kids off to school for one morning for us. We are excited about being on the monorail too!!! I hope your trip is amazing as well :)

Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do. :confused3

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.

Hi all! I'm so excited to join in on this thread! I am furiously trying to take it all in. We haven't been to WDW in two years and are mixing things up on this next trip. First visit to CR!! We are planning a split stay at the CR and an EPCOT area resort (probably BC CL). We do not plan to do CL at CR because I just don't think we'll really utilize it. There are too many restaurants I want to hit in the MK area and we plan to go, go, go the whole time. Our Beach Club portion of the trip will be more laid back with more pool time and leisure trips to EP and DHS.

We are going on Sept. 13-20 and are leaning toward beginning our trip at the CR and staying 3 nights and then moving over to BC for 4 nights. Does this sounds like a good plan? I know this is the CR thread, so you're probably thinking that we should stay the whole week at CR! However, I've always wanted to stay at BC. Every visit I say, "Next time." Now that the Poly is out with no pool, I think this is the perfect time to try 2 new resorts.

I'm thinking CR Tower BLV... If we go to CR first will we be disappointed with BC CL? I realize you should do the "best" hotel last when planning a split stay, but having never visited either hotel, I have no idea what we should do. :confused3

Any advice is welcome! If you made it through this rambly post, bless you! It's been a long week and I'm feeling kind of punchy tonight. Thanks so much for any insight.

Oh, in case it matters, my husband and I will be traveling with our two boys ages 7 and 10.

I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!

I think those are two great resorts to do a split stay! They're equally 'cool' for different reasons! I think your boys will probably love the BC pool a lot more, so I think the order you have planned is perfect. While I love the CR, it just can't compete with Stormalong Bay. I think if you did BC first, the CR pool might be a little bit of a let down. Plus, its best to have your go, go, go days at the beginning and then your relaxing days at the end!

Great! Thanks so much!!!

Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo

acg said:
Is anyone taking the magic express bus? Do you know how long it takes to get to bl from airport? We get in at 930 hoping we will be at ak by 1230.we are doing magic bands and online check in.dont want to miss too much first day. Lo

Assuming your flight is on time that seems reasonable timing to me. If your room is ready and you head to your room first it might be a little later but not much, unless you unpack before you head out too.

I was wondering about this too!
This is our first stay at CR and I wasn't sure how long of a trip it was from the airport to the hotel.
I was estimating about 2 hours from the time out plane lands until we are checking in.
We're hoping to squeeze in as much time as we can at MK since its closing at 7 that night for MNSSHP.

If you are taking the ME and are not stopping to pick up any luggage..time from getting off the plane to arriving at the CR should be about an hour and a half...the usual bus route is to stop at WL then the CR..before heading on over to the Poly and GF...

We usually take an early morning flight..and make it to the MK in time for lunch...:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter