(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to hear you had a great stay!! What time did your plane get into MCO? I'm trying to gauge what time we would get to BWI if our plane gets in at 9:30 a.m.
Plane touched down at MCO at 9:00am...we were in our room a bit after 10:30am (we sat on ME bus for about 15 minutes before leaving the airport).

WOW!

I have had to wait on the ME bus for over an hour before it ever left the ariport, so I am impressed.

judy

Over an hour!:sad2: That's crazy.

I'm not sure if being a Friday had anything to do with it. Probably just luck. Hoping for the same luck again this July.

Its just depends which is more important to you - being on the same floor & in closer proximity to the lounge, or a floor below and having a larger balcony. We always choose the 3rd floor for the larger balcony, we have teens that love to spend time out there. There is a stairwell near Seashore Sweets that takes you right up to the balcony if you're on the 3rd floor, or you can walk back to the elevators. We got lucky & our room was right across from the stairs, I plan to request that room again this summer!

Thx TaraPA~Would you mind PM'ing me the room# you are referring to? Don't worry..I don't go during the summer ;)

Ok, so we have changed our plans a little. We decided to do a split stay. Now we'll be at BWI for the first 4 nights (7/25-7/29) and then we are headed to the GF for the second 4 nights (7/29-8/2).

We love the BW area and can't give it up so in order for us to go back to the GF, after almost 18 years, we needed to split our stay.

I'm excited and so are the kids since they haven't stayed there yet.:cool1:

Lobster roll.

temporary-991.jpg

I just had one of these about 5 hours ago. Yum!!!!!!

I'll get to eat another one in October, only with a much shorter walk from the BWV.

Ok, so we have changed our plans a little. We decided to do a split stay. Now we'll be at BWI for the first 4 nights (7/25-7/29) and then we are headed to the GF for the second 4 nights (7/29-8/2).

We love the BW area and can't give it up so in order for us to go back to the GF, after almost 18 years, we needed to split our stay.

I'm excited and so are the kids since they haven't stayed there yet.:cool1:

Great split! That's our split for January! Although we're staying GF first and then BWI because our youngest wants to try GF for his birthday, which is at the beginning of the trip, and then I need to be at BWI for the full marathon on Sunday.

We've stayed at every deluxe except GF, so we're really excited to try it. But I agree, it's just too hard to give up the Epcot resort area (and for us, especially BWI CL) to stay at GF the entire time.

We'll be really excited to hear all the details of your split stay in July!!!

Just got home from our stay. We had a wonderful time, once my son and his family got into a decent room. What a nightmare for him with his 3 daughters an 8 month pregnant wife.

I think some people are going to be disappointed that the lounge will not be getting a major makeover, but the rooms will be beautiful. Oh well, hope to get back sometime in October.

Just got home from our stay. We had a wonderful time, once my son and his family got into a decent room. What a nightmare for him with his 3 daughters an 8 month pregnant wife.

I think some people are going to be disappointed that the lounge will not be getting a major makeover, but the rooms will be beautiful. Oh well, hope to get back sometime in October.

Hi KerryCM :wave2:

Glad to hear you're home safely and that you had a wonderful time :thumbsup2

Would you be ok sharing what happened with your son's room? or was it already mentioned in this thread?

The BW lounge isn't getting a major makeover? :confused3 :scared:

I wanted to circle back to tell you what developed from my comments that I sent to WDW (that'll teach them to send me a thank you email with a place to write comments:lmao:) and shared with you all after my girls weekend trip 3/27-3/31.
I had issues with early morning room noise (avoid room 4202 like the plague) and lack of turndown service being the main complaints.

I was contacted by a very nice CM who wanted to discuss what I had written and ended up with a little pixie dust (a comp one night stay) sprinkled my way. I was impressed with the conversation and felt that this CM truly listened and understood. I did share with her that I felt the CMs at the BWI were superior to other resorts and I enjoyed the friendly ambiance from the CL staff to the pleasant greetings from the mousekeepers I passed in the halls and the other staff that I encountered in the halls.

I guess I'll keep my bounceback reservation for Dec. 11-17:thumbsup2

Great split! That's our split for January! Although we're staying GF first and then BWI because our youngest wants to try GF for his birthday, which is at the beginning of the trip, and then I need to be at BWI for the full marathon on Sunday.

We've stayed at every deluxe except GF, so we're really excited to try it. But I agree, it's just too hard to give up the Epcot resort area (and for us, especially BWI CL) to stay at GF the entire time.

We're staying at GF for Marathon Weekend! When will you be there? We're staying in the Villas (2 bedroom villa - our first trip home!). I'm probably running Dopey. Hope we get to see you!!!

Amanda

Our waitlist for BWV just came through! :cool1: We will be staying in a 2 BDR villa (standard view) from July 26-August 1. We are staying on points (not sure if that makes a difference in what I can request). What should I request to get the best view possible in our room category? Thanks!

We wanted to do GF first but we couldn't get BWI for the last nights on a discount. I'm still checking everyday to see if something pops up.

We were thinking of just doing GF but we couldn't give up the BW. We love it too much.:lovestruc

I will definitely let you know how our trip was when we get back.

ETA: Just got off the phone with Disney and this terrific CM finally got it to work for us to switch our resorts at the discount. Going to GF first and then BWI. I'm so happy now!!

We're staying at GF for Marathon Weekend! When will you be there? We're staying in the Villas (2 bedroom villa - our first trip home!). I'm probably running Dopey. Hope we get to see you!!!

Amanda

Yay!!! We definitely need to keep in touch! Our dates are GF January 7-9, and then BWI January 9-12. So exciting to run Dopey! I can't wait to register on Wednesday (taking advantage of the early registration for passholders.) Just the 5K with our boys and the full marathon on my own. Will your family run the 5K with you? So fun - we ran the PHM weekend 5K and our teens organized costumes - they were Lumiere and Cogsworth, youngest as the Beast and I wore a Belle-inspired run outfit from Etsy. For marathon weekend 5K, our teens want to be Anna and Elsa (that's theatrical teen boys for you!) with our youngest as Olaf and me as Sven. :)

We wanted to do GF first but we couldn't get BWI for the last nights on a discount. I'm still checking everyday to see if something pops up.

We were thinking of just doing GF but we couldn't give up the BW. We love it too much.:lovestruc

I will definitely let you know how our trip was when we get back.

ETA: Just got off the phone with Disney and this terrific CM finally got it to work for us to switch our resorts at the discount. Going to GF first and then BWI. I'm so happy now!!

Yay!!! So happy for you!!

Yes, Boardwalk Bakery. There are no tables in the restaurant, but seating on the Boardwalk. They wrap them up in a box to carry.
My wife and I are booked for the BWV 9/16-9/21/14. Looking forward to experiencing another Deluxe resort. We stayed at AKL last October and loved it.

We're planning to hit up the first couple days of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot on Friday/Saturday.

I wanted to circle back to tell you what developed from my comments that I sent to WDW (that'll teach them to send me a thank you email with a place to write comments:lmao:) and shared with you all after my girls weekend trip 3/27-3/31.
I had issues with early morning room noise (avoid room 4202 like the plague) and lack of turndown service being the main complaints.

I was contacted by a very nice CM who wanted to discuss what I had written and ended up with a little pixie dust (a comp one night stay) sprinkled my way. I was impressed with the conversation and felt that this CM truly listened and understood. I did share with her that I felt the CMs at the BWI were superior to other resorts and I enjoyed the friendly ambiance from the CL staff to the pleasant greetings from the mousekeepers I passed in the halls and the other staff that I encountered in the halls.

I guess I'll keep my bounceback reservation for Dec. 11-17:thumbsup2

Good for you!!

Our waitlist for BWV just came through! :cool1: We will be staying in a 2 BDR villa (standard view) from July 26-August 1. We are staying on points (not sure if that makes a difference in what I can request). What should I request to get the best view possible in our room category? Thanks!

We always request 'upper floor, across from bus stop.' This puts us in a position to see the Illuminations fireworks (although some rooms have trees blocking the view). As long as you don't mind the often-exaggerated long walk to the elevators, this location is ideal because you're only a short walk to the bus stop, the quiet pool/Community hall area plus the walkway to DHS.

I didn't think they do, but then I was reading info about the activity center and it mentioned renting DVDs for your room and I watched a video tour of a standard room online and it looked like they had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter