(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be returning to Boardwalk in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Staying in a CL room November 7th - 11th (my kids are off for Veterans Day). Our previous 2 Boardwalk stays have been in the Villas so this is our first stay in the Inn. Love the location and the pool (creepy clown slide and all!). Looking forward to returning!

Amnada

Hmmm...staying in a deluxe club room 8/25 through 8/29. We haven't been to BWI in 3 years but really love it. I'm wondering if the deluxe rooms will be renovated.

My family and I are staying at the BWI from May 14 - 22 for a conference. We got a special rate for the conference so I know we have a standard view, but does anyone have any suggestions on requests. I have 3 children and we will be going to the parks everyday before the conference. Should I request near an elevator or far away for view??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am SO excited and just have to share! I originally booked the BWI for an August trip but our dates weren't included in the summer discount when it was first released. I switched to YC for the significant (for us) discount (over $1500!) but continued to dream about the Boardwalk. And today I was checking out Disney's website and noticed that they're now listing discounted rates for my vacation dates!! My travel agent switched my rezzie back today and I'm now officially staying at the Boardwalk (with DH, DS14, DD12) for the first time from August 2 - August 12.

I cannot wait!! And I also wanted to share my story in case any of you have reservations (or dreams of making reservations) around that time -- who knows what else Disney may have opened up that wasn't part of the original offering!

Thinking aloud here...

The BWI room rehab is slated to take 4 months. There are 5 floors at BWI and we know the 4th floor will be closed for one month beginning about a week after the rehab begins. We can infer that they are starting on the 4th floor (CL) first, unless they are working simultaneously on other floors. But, at WL and VWL, for example, they only worked on one floor at a time. That leaves about 3 weeks each for the 4 other floors. Generally, they work from the top down and usually the CL lounge is on the top floor. At BWI, the lounge isn't on the top floor, so my guess is that after they complete the 4th floor they'll then go to the 5th. This is just a guess, but the schedule might look something like this:

May 12 - June 13: 4th floor and lounge - confirmed.

June 14 - July 5: 5th floor rooms?

July 6 - 27: 3rd floor rooms?

July 27 - August 17: 2nd floor rooms?

August 18 - September 9: 1st floor rooms?

First time staying at Boardwalk. We stayed at Bay Lake Tower last year and loved it.

We are staying at BWV Studio SV Sept 14-18. Any chance we get upgraded to BW view? How do they determine that? Thanks.
Welcome to the thread and I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin. I can't answer your upgrade question specifically to BWV, but in general, upgrades are more likely to occur for short stays of a night or two and are less likely with DVC bookings.

2123, 3123, and 4123 are the 3 dedicated 1BR standard-view units directly above the exit where the walkway leads toward the bus stop. Opposite that exit is the door which leads to the quiet pool and walkway to DHS.
Thank you for your specific answer to the OP's question.

Thanks for the update, Kook. Always appreciate our board hostess with the most-ess information! :goodvibes
Awww, thanks for the sweet comment, Ginny:goodvibes

Can you add us to the Boardwalk Guest List. We will be staying at the BWI from September 21-29, standard view. It will be me, my DH, and our 4 kids! We are VERY excited!
Congratulations and I'll add you to the BWB.

Hi WDWKOOK :wave2:

Thanks much for the update :thumbsup2 we finally decided on staying BWI CL for the first 2 weeks in September :cool1: however, due to the rehab, are now contemplating if we should change resorts? we've never stayed at a resort during a rehab and don't know what to expect... if the dates mentioned above don't change, rehab should be completed 5 days into our stay... just not sure how the rehab will affect our stay :confused3

Advice please...

Thank you :hug:
dansdad gave great advice, which I will try to take to heart. We're there in June during the rehab, too. But the CL lounge is only closed from May 12 - June 13. My guess from the rehab schedule is that the 4th floor CL rooms will also be rehabbed at that time, so you will actually arrive 3 months after the CL lounge/rehab:)

I know this was directed at WDWKOOK, but we have stayed at 4 resorts during room rehabs and every time it took someone telling us that a refurb was going on for us to even know. They are really good about keeping the guests away from the areas they will be working on. IMHO, they do a great job of keeping the impact to their guests to a minimum or even non-existent.
That's good to read.

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to see the changes!
There's a possibility we might have a rehabbed room in June, but only if I book CL. Right now, we're not booked CL and we've asked for the 5th floor. If my estimate is right though, the 5th floor will be closed when we're there. Not sure what I'm going to do since we always request a top floor when not staying CL, which is usually always the top floor. Whatever happens, I'll try to get some photos.

We will be returning to Boardwalk in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Staying in a CL room November 7th - 11th (my kids are off for Veterans Day). Our previous 2 Boardwalk stays have been in the Villas so this is our first stay in the Inn. Love the location and the pool (creepy clown slide and all!). Looking forward to returning!

Amnada
Welcome back to The Innkeeper's Club! I'll log your dates:)

Hmmm...staying in a deluxe club room 8/25 through 8/29. We haven't been to BWI in 3 years but really love it. I'm wondering if the deluxe rooms will be renovated.
All the rooms should be rehabbed, but I don't know about the Garden Cottages.

My family and I are staying at the BWI from May 14 - 22 for a conference. We got a special rate for the conference so I know we have a standard view, but does anyone have any suggestions on requests. I have 3 children and we will be going to the parks everyday before the conference. Should I request near an elevator or far away for view??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome! Standard Views at BWI can be anything, except the BoardWalk. From the higher rooms that face toward Epcot/Eiffel Tower, you can see Illuminations. Online Check-In limits your requests to pre-set choices, some of which may not even be applicable to your booking. Always call the WDTC or contact your TA to have your requests added to your reservation so that you can be more specific.

First off I have to say, I've been following this thread now for 2 weeks in preparation for my upcoming trip and have thoroughly enjoyed the information and the kind users here- thanks!!! I have a few questions though...
1. Several keep mentioning adding their trip dates to the calendar- what is this?

2. I already booked Deluxe CL room for 7/19-26 but now all this rehab talk has me worried because I know there are only 10 rooms available & if the 3rd floor is being worked on during my stay like predicted that leaves 5. Is there a chance WDW could cancel my reservation or move me or do you think they already factored this in when I made my reservation a month ago?

3. First time staying CL- Does everyone share the consensus no DDP if you are staying CL or has anyone felt like they successfully used both while staying CL at BWI?

Thanks!!!

We stayed CL in Feb. with the DxDP and that was too much food (what was I thinking). We are planning to go again in Sept and are planning to use the DDP this time around. Planning on mostly eating breakfast at the concierge and then a QS lunch and a table service dinner. Since the regular dinning plan doesn't include an app. I made my reservation times after 6:30 at night so that we will have time to try the offerings at the club lounge (and a beer or glass of wine:drinking1:)) before we go to dinner. I am also planning a signature restraunt or two and will be using our snacks for food and wine festival. I'm hoping this will work out well.

First off I have to say, I've been following this thread now for 2 weeks in preparation for my upcoming trip and have thoroughly enjoyed the information and the kind users here- thanks!!! I have a few questions though...
1. Several keep mentioning adding their trip dates to the calendar- what is this?

2. I already booked Deluxe CL room for 7/19-26 but now all this rehab talk has me worried because I know there are only 10 rooms available & if the 3rd floor is being worked on during my stay like predicted that leaves 5. Is there a chance WDW could cancel my reservation or move me or do you think they already factored this in when I made my reservation a month ago?

3. First time staying CL- Does everyone share the consensus no DDP if you are staying CL or has anyone felt like they successfully used both while staying CL at BWI?

Thanks!!!

Hi sfm, If you are already book CL, you could email the IPO and ask about the renovations. They might be able to give you some idea.
Honestly, I don't really worry about renovations at WDW overall. They seem to be pretty careful about not doing things in a way that isn't very obvious, allowing the guests to enjoy vacation as usual.

We don't find the DPP works for us. Two adults, we have coffee and a light breakfast in the lounge. If we're hungry for lunch we'll grab something light-ish. We usually head to the lounge between 5-6 for some appetizers and a glass of wine. After, we'll have dinner. Sometimes we will have appetizers for dinner, sometimes regular entrees. Since we like to have appetizer options, DPP doesn't work for us.
On the other hand, I've read about families who really like (and use) the DPP. I think if you look at your dining style/preferences, it helps you make a better decision.
Hope a bit of input was helpful! Those BWI Deluxe CL rooms are beautiful! Great choice! You're going to love BWI CL. :goodvibes

We are booked for our second trip to BWV December 17-20 but I am hoping to add a day at the beginning to make it 16-20. I mentioned before that we were in room 4123 a one bedroom standard view. My kids loved seeing the firework forms the living room. Anyone know what a similar room to they would be or request to make for our December trip. The only difference is that we will be in a 2 bedroom standard view, I didn't know if there are any located near the room we were in our not.

Sadly sitting in the airport after a four night stay at BWV...here are some highlights:
..ME dropped us off at 10:30am, we did OL check and one of our two rooms was ready!
..limited, but yummy sandwiches and salads at BW Bakery and off to HS.
..2nd of our two rooms ready about three, headed back to find luggage in room!
..MBs worked flawlessly, extra FP+ after using original three not active yet (some lucky ducks get offered testing apparently )
..we had studio rooms 4060 (about 4 doors from elevator) and 4066 (first off elevator) - PERFECT!! No long hallways, view of Luna Park pool (through the trees, but still nice), not noisy at all.
..CM were great. Visit Allan, the bartender at Belle Vue Lounge. He makes great drinks (ask for the Smoked Turkey--no smoke--and tell him swim mom Kelley suggested it!). He also makes just the right amount of conversation and great service. Had glasses of ice water lined up on bar as we headed out at closing too : )
..only complaint is the aging rooms...very clean, but updates needed now!!

Sadly sitting in the airport after a four night stay at BWV...here are some highlights: ..ME dropped us off at 10:30am, we did OL check and one of our two rooms was ready! ..limited, but yummy sandwiches and salads at BW Bakery and off to HS. ..2nd of our two rooms ready about three, headed back to find luggage in room! ..MBs worked flawlessly, extra FP+ after using original three not active yet (some lucky ducks get offered testing apparently ) ..we had studio rooms 4060 (about 4 doors from elevator) and 4066 (first off elevator) - PERFECT!! No long hallways, view of Luna Park pool (through the trees, but still nice), not noisy at all. ..CM were great. Visit Allan, the bartender at Belle Vue Lounge. He makes great drinks (ask for the Smoked Turkey--no smoke--and tell him swim mom Kelley suggested it!). He also makes just the right amount of conversation and great service. Had glasses of ice water lined up on bar as we headed out at closing too : ) ..only complaint is the aging rooms...very clean, but updates needed now!!

Happy to hear you had a great stay!! What time did your plane get into MCO? I'm trying to gauge what time we would get to BWI if our plane gets in at 9:30 a.m.

We are going next month and it is our first stay above a moderate. We will be in a 2 bedroom villa- cash stay thanks to a 40% pin. I was working on my garden grocer order last night and realized I had no idea what type of coffee maker. Anyone want to share? I don't drink coffee but my mom and husband do so I need to make sure I order the right type.

Also should I make any type of room request. I literally have never been to this resort and have no idea. We are a party of 6 with DH and I, DD-11, DD-8, DS-4 and my mother who does have a little mobility issue but not enough for assistance.

Thanks so much for your help.

Happy to hear you had a great stay!! What time did your plane get into MCO? I'm trying to gauge what time we would get to BWI if our plane gets in at 9:30 a.m.

In July we landed at 8:20 AM (Friday) and were upstairs at the BWI concierge desk by 9:20 AM using ME.

In July we landed at 8:20 AM (Friday) and were upstairs at the BWI concierge desk by 9:20 AM using ME.

WOW!

I have had to wait on the ME bus for over an hour before it ever left the ariport, so I am impressed.

judy

Hi everyone!

We have stayed at BC CL and are staying at YC CL in 2 weeks.:cool1:

I think my 2 best friends and I are going to come back in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon and was considering trying BWI Cl. Would love to stay on the boardwalk view side to enjoy the balcony at night and going between a deluxe CL room or regular CL room.

Any advice or suggestions? It would be 3 women. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone!

We have stayed at BC CL and are staying at YC CL in 2 weeks.:cool1:

I think my 2 best friends and I are going to come back in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon and was considering trying BWI Cl. Would love to stay on the boardwalk view side to enjoy the balcony at night and going between a deluxe CL room or regular CL room.

Any advice or suggestions? It would be 3 women. Thanks so much!

I love the deluxe CL at the BWI, this year will be our 3rd in a row. There is something about sitting on the balcony watching the entertainer’s. Also looking out of the window at the BC and YC with all the lights on. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

WDWKOOK-
Can u please add us.. We just switched from BC to BWI Deluxe CL-so excited but sad at the same time..1st trip that my son will be away for college..
Thanks.. so looking forward to staying in a Deluxe CL room.
Can anyone tell me what request to make? I've heard there are only 10 Deluxe CL rooms. Not sure it's best to be on the same level as CL or the 3rd floor? I thought I read that the 3rd floor rooms have larger balconies? Any suggestions welcome!

WDWKOOK-
Can u please add us.. We just switched from BC to BWI Deluxe CL-so excited but sad at the same time..1st trip that my son will be away for college..
Thanks.. so looking forward to staying in a Deluxe CL room.
Can anyone tell me what request to make? I've heard there are only 10 Deluxe CL rooms. Not sure it's best to be on the same level as CL or the 3rd floor? I thought I read that the 3rd floor rooms have larger balconies? Any suggestions welcome!

Its just depends which is more important to you - being on the same floor & in closer proximity to the lounge, or a floor below and having a larger balcony. We always choose the 3rd floor for the larger balcony, we have teens that love to spend time out there. There is a stairwell near Seashore Sweets that takes you right up to the balcony if you're on the 3rd floor, or you can walk back to the elevators. We got lucky & our room was right across from the stairs, I plan to request that room again this summer!

I have a similar room dilemma for BWI CL in January. We've booked standard CL and requested boardwalk view every time. Twice, we received a standard room with boardwalk view. Once, we were upgraded to the 2-bedroom suite!

I really love the boardwalk view and was considering booking deluxe for January so that the boardwalk view is guaranteed. But if the view is guaranteed, the 4th floor is not. I know some really don't like the stairwell thing and I know how much we enjoy being close the lounge. I just can't decide which is most important to us - close to lounge or boardwalk view. I'm leaning toward booking standard and taking my chances with the view request, but please let me know if anyone has other suggestions!

I would say use 90 mins to 2 hours as a good guesstimate. If you get there early, consider it as early benefit. :thumbsup2. It's been just about 90 minutes for us on our last three trips, to three different resorts! (BW was one of the trips.)

We are going next month and it is our first stay above a moderate. We will be in a 2 bedroom villa- cash stay thanks to a 40% pin. I was working on my garden grocer order last night and realized I had no idea what type of coffee maker. Anyone want to share? I don't drink coffee but my mom and husband do so I need to make sure I order the right type.

Also should I make any type of room request. I literally have never been to this resort and have no idea. We are a party of 6 with DH and I, DD-11, DD-8, DS-4 and my mother who does have a little mobility issue but not enough for assistance.

Thanks so much for your help.

The coffee pot is a 12 cup basket filter (not cone) drip coffee maker (simple mr coffee). You'll need to bring your own filters as well as the coffee.

For the room request, I think close to lobby might be your best bet. The hallways can be very long.
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter