(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
:faint:

Holy macaroni! I'll be content with the GG prices in that case! We're staying in a villa so I have a full grocery order. Sometimes we just have Staples deliver the water though and I was always curious but never looked to see how much those cases in the gift shops were!

It killed me to pay $16.99 for a case of water, but in that case I justified it by telling myself "its cheaper than the $60 I'd pay in the parks for all this water!"

I'm sure the information is here somewhere but I have not been able to find it. Does a standard room at the BWI include a mini-fridge? If not, can one be requested?

Yes, all rooms at BWI have the mini fridge!

It killed me to pay $16.99 for a case of water, but in that case I justified it by telling myself "its cheaper than the $60 I'd pay in the parks for all this water!"

Yes, all rooms at BWI have the mini fridge!

Lol....we just paid $35 for a case of water on the Magic in July! $16.99 sounds cheap! :)

We're checking into the BWV tomorrow and will do a quick grocery shopping trip for basics...breakfast, juice, water, other adult beverages, snacks. We'll have a 2br but don't actually make any meals.

Just tell yourself that you're not paying the $16.99 for the case of water in the gift shop!

The Deluxe rooms are 2 rooms put together so you'll be fine with 6. We did re-arrange the chair, table & huge potted plant to cerate more of a separation between the sleeping area & living room area. We were only 4 - 2 adults & 2 teens and had more than enough room. We would have spent more time on the balcony but from about 11am-6pm it was just too hot to be out there more than a few minutes.

I was thinking the same thing about separating it a little more. Maybe even turning the couch so it separates the 2 rooms like a divider instead if agsinst the wall. Is it really THAT hot? I thought the evenings got into 70's?? Holy moly is right for 16.99 in lobby for water but I'm sure a bottle is like $3 at parks! We rented a double stroller too so ill pack the waters on the little cooler that comes with stroller. I'm also debating bringing their thermos funtainers. They keep water ice cold. Just have to add ice. Getting bulky though in suitcase!!

My dad and I will be arriving at the BWI in a little over a week! Any recommendations for what to do on our first night? We don't have park tickets for that day so we'll be going to DTD for a bit and then spending some time at the resort. What should we see/do? Nothing 21+ as I won't be 21 until the next day ;)

I was thinking the same thing about separating it a little more. Maybe even turning the couch so it separates the 2 rooms like a divider instead if agsinst the wall. Is it really THAT hot? I thought the evenings got into 70's?? Holy moly is right for 16.99 in lobby for water but I'm sure a bottle is like $3 at parks! We rented a double stroller too so ill pack the waters on the little cooler that comes with stroller. I'm also debating bringing their thermos funtainers. They keep water ice cold. Just have to add ice. Getting bulky though in suitcase!!

Yes you could slide the sofa over but it's very heavy. The potted plant is 5 feet tall so that was a good barrier!

It was SO HOT last week, we couldn't be in the direct sun more than a few minutes without melting. The deluxe CL rooms all face the blazing full sun from morning til sunset.

Water is $2.50 at the parks. We had an ME driver once that said, as we approached the WDW sign "everyone take a nice long look at this sign - this is the last time you'll be able to buy a bottled water for $1!"

My dad and I will be arriving at the BWI in a little over a week! Any recommendations for what to do on our first night? We don't have park tickets for that day so we'll be going to DTD for a bit and then spending some time at the resort. What should we see/do? Nothing 21+ as I won't be 21 until the next day ;)

OOO Happy Birthday!!!!! I would spend time on the Boardwalk watching the performers - they're out from 7pm-10pm unless it's bad weather. They are so fun to watch. There are always lots of people on The Boardwalk, and tons of places to grab a snack or beverage, or to get breakfast for the next day. If you'd prefer something quieter & like to walk, just walk around the lake, popping in at BC, YC S&D on the way. You can also use the pools & hot tubs at any hour, we often do that late at night.

Yes you could slide the sofa over but it's very heavy. The potted plant is 5 feet tall so that was a good barrier!

It was SO HOT last week, we couldn't be in the direct sun more than a few minutes without melting. The deluxe CL rooms all face the blazing full sun from morning til sunset.

Water is $2.50 at the parks. We had an ME driver once that said, as we approached the WDW sign "everyone take a nice long look at this sign - this is the last time you'll be able to buy a bottled water for $1!"

OOO Happy Birthday!!!!! I would spend time on the Boardwalk watching the performers - they're out from 7pm-10pm unless it's bad weather. They are so fun to watch. There are always lots of people on The Boardwalk, and tons of places to grab a snack or beverage, or to get breakfast for the next day. If you'd prefer something quieter & like to walk, just walk around the lake, popping in at BC, YC S&D on the way. You can also use the pools & hot tubs at any hour, we often do that late at night.

Ok. The plant sounds like better idea then. That's funny about the $1 water. Those times have sure changed! So the heat at the parks must have been unbearable? Did u go early then go to pool? How crowded was pool? Do u know if I can bring my own "floaties" for my kids. One of them has those puddle jumpers which are great for her. Also, dou know of I could ride the clown slide "with" her. She's only 4 and was hoping to hold her up at end so she doesn't go under

We like to walk over to the bridge (between BW/BC) and watch IllumiNations from there if we are not heading to a park

... Also, dou know of I could ride the clown slide "with" her. She's only 4 and was hoping to hold her up at end so she doesn't go under ��

No, you can't go double on the slides. And you can't wait at the bottom of the slide to catch her either. She might not be ready to go on the slide.

Hanging out on the boardwalk is worth an hour or two. There's usually one or two street performers. You can grab something from the pizza window, joes or the bakery and eat outside. The boardwalk bikes are kind of pricey when for the same amount of work, you can walk around the lake anyway. From the right spot you can see the illuminations fireworks and the MK high fireworks (which I didn't think was possible but I saw fireworks in that direction and I'm pretty sure there are no launchers in the yacht club parking lot).

You can go to the ESPN club but I avoid that place. The lines can be long and it's the same scene as any large sports bar.

I haven't done it because I typically have tickets but if you walk up to the international gateway at 9:00 you can catch some of illuminations through the trees. I don't think you can see the barges but you get some of the show.

Is ESPN crowded during the week in November ?

It's been our Expierence best time to visit ESPN is in the afternoon before 5 when the crowds arrive to the Boardwalk, as pp mentioned there is usually a long line to get in most evenings.

Fresh back from my first stay at the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful resort and very conveniently located for an adult trip. It was our anniversay, we went childless (with much guilt), and booked a standard view room. Pixie dust--got upgraded to a garden suite.

The suite was beautiful, and I did enjoy concierge. I liked the breakfast service and enjoyed hitting one or the other of the evening offerings most nights. I am glad I experienced the concierge because I often wondered whether it was worth it to me, but I was always reluctant to try it because of price. Having experienced it, it is not worth the money to me, but it was a delight to enjoy it under the circumstances.

The garden suite was really a beautiful room. I would not book it in August (or perhaps our room was simply an anomoly--1208). There was only one small vent on the second floor where the bed is. In order to keep the second floor tolerable, you had to keep the bottom floor uncomfortably cold. Additionally, you had to leave the upstairs fan on. With concierge, there are two instances where staff comes in, the housekeeping and turn down. Because of conservation concerns, the staff would turn the fan off. We did leave notes for them not to do so, which were honored most of the time. When the note was not honored, it took a while to cool the upstairs to a point we were comfortable.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, and I can't recommend enough the Boardwalk. The staff and the hotel itself were exceptional.

Wow Rookie Lady what a great upgrade! Sorry it was so warm in the loft area. We were there last week & it sure was HOT! We probably walked right past your cottage on our way to the quiet pool, we used that a few nights rather than the main pool. We had the pool to ourselves!

Fresh back from my first stay at the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful resort and very conveniently located for an adult trip. It was our anniversay, we went childless (with much guilt), and booked a standard view room. Pixie dust--got upgraded to a garden suite.

The suite was beautiful, and I did enjoy concierge. I liked the breakfast service and enjoyed hitting one or the other of the evening offerings most nights. I am glad I experienced the concierge because I often wondered whether it was worth it to me, but I was always reluctant to try it because of price. Having experienced it, it is not worth the money to me, but it was a delight to enjoy it under the circumstances.

The garden suite was really a beautiful room. I would not book it in August (or perhaps our room was simply an anomoly--1208). There was only one small vent on the second floor where the bed is. In order to keep the second floor tolerable, you had to keep the bottom floor uncomfortably cold. Additionally, you had to leave the upstairs fan on. With concierge, there are two instances where staff comes in, the housekeeping and turn down. Because of conservation concerns, the staff would turn the fan off. We did leave notes for them not to do so, which were honored most of the time. When the note was not honored, it took a while to cool the upstairs to a point we were comfortable.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, and I can't recommend enough the Boardwalk. The staff and the hotel itself were exceptional.

What a terrific upgrade -- except for the air conditioning part. A very nice anniversary celebration treat.

I'm interested in your comments about the club level offerings and service. I've always wondered whether it is worth the extra expense and can never bring myself to pay for it. I think I'd be in agreement with you -- especially for only two people.

Thanks for posting!

I'm interested in your comments about the club level offerings and service. I've always wondered whether it is worth the extra expense and can never bring myself to pay for it. I think I'd be in agreement with you -- especially for only two people.

Responding to the above comment, I did not take advantage of everything concierge had to offer because I was upgraded at check in. I made my own dining reservations, and our trip was scheduled such that other amenities concierge may have provided didn't really work into our trip. I did ask concierge to help when buying my MNSSHP tickets, but they were unable to do so. They did try, but they complained bitterly about the upgrades going on with their computer systems. Because I knew of these issues, I certainly didn't blame them for their inability to get the tickets.

The food was good. The morning fruit was beautiful. I found the wine in the evening okay (and I can be a snob about that), and I enjoyed a cordial a couple of nights, which is something I don't usually do. The staff was friendly and answered questions, but I expect and have encountered that at most Disney resorts.

I can see how some people would enjoy this experience, but I don't think it is worth it for me. I drive, so all that breakfast and snack food is easily transported in my car. Given the price difference, I can stay another night, and that is the choice I would make. However, I certainly understand why others might make a different choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter