Clearwater/St. Petes Beach hotels

canadianjovigirl

DIS Veteran
We have decided to start our vacation early with 3 days at either of the above locations and just wondering if anyone can recommend some hotels or places to stay in that area. There are 6 of us so we may be limited, all i could find so far was the Holiday Inn in Clearwater. We would prefer to be right on the beach if possible...

Any suggestions??????????

We just booked the Sandpearl Resort through owner and it's right on the beach. They have suites which is great cause you don't have to eat out everynight which cann be a task with little ones! The place is beautiful and right on the beach.

I haven't been to St. Pete's beach, although I heard it was nice! I have gone to Clearwater quite a few times and enjoy it!!!

We stayed at the Grand Plaza Hotel in May. It was a good price ($380 for 5 nights, bay view) and right on the beach. Went to the Specials section of their website and booked a manager's special. There is a king bed and a full sized pull down (couch by day,) so it may accomodate your 6, depending on how old everyone is. Our kids are very young (1, 2, 4 and 5 years old on our trip,) so it was enough room for the 6 of us.

In October, we are thinking about going next door it the Sirata, as they are having some really good deals, and getting a 1-bedroom suite with ocean view. They are doing 15% off a 3 night stay, 20% off a 4 night stay and 25% off a 5 night stay. It would be nice to have a kitchen area next time, instead of just a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

There are good value hotels all up and down that beach, all next to each other. If you are not on a budget, I would look at the Don Cesar aka the pink castle! That place looks outstanding.

if your spending mucho dinero...the tradewinds or don cesar on st pete beach.
For a lil more budget friendly look at the bilmar or thunderbird on treasure island

I am not sure where to stay, but I can tell you where not to and that is the Holiday Inn Clearwater. We stayed there earlier this year and a bunch of my clothes disappeared including my lightweight jacket and a pair of shoes. They told me they are not responsible for valuables left in the room. It was clothes and shoes, I didn't realize I needed to drag my suitcase around with me. My coat was a coach jacket, so it was worth about $400, but it was a coat. I have never worried about clothes in a hotel room before.
I also had an issue checking in, I reserved a non smoking room and had my confirmation page and when I got there they said they had to give me a smoking room, that they don't guarentee a smoking preference with a reservation, it took over an hour on the phone with priority club ( I am a platinum member) before it got worked out.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

I am not sure where to stay, but I can tell you where not to and that is the Holiday Inn Clearwater. We stayed there earlier this year and a bunch of my clothes disappeared including my lightweight jacket and a pair of shoes. They told me they are not responsible for valuables left in the room. It was clothes and shoes, I didn't realize I needed to drag my suitcase around with me. My coat was a coach jacket, so it was worth about $400, but it was a coat. I have never worried about clothes in a hotel room before.
I also had an issue checking in, I reserved a non smoking room and had my confirmation page and when I got there they said they had to give me a smoking room, that they don't guarentee a smoking preference with a reservation, it took over an hour on the phone with priority club ( I am a platinum member) before it got worked out.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

hmmmmmmm thanks for the info, but we are having a hard time finding a place that has a large enough room for 3 adults and 3 kids....there they had a king bed (2adults, youngest child) a set of bunks (2 other kids) and a sofa bed, other adult.........guess its back to researching.....

We spent 3 days before our WDW trip at Treasure Island. We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott and were VERY pleased. It had a kitchen and a balcony with a great view. There was a good breakfast included even though it was very crowded in the breakfast room. Check out the reviews and photos on tripadvisor.

Best Western in Treasure Island is beachfront. Our room had 2 dbl beds and a sleeper sofa. Small kitchen area - we only used the microwave and fridge, but there were also dishes provided which was nice for our morning cereal and coffee.

Walking distance to a Publix and some restaurants, many more were a short drive away at John's Pass.

We really liked that area, we went to Busch Gardens instead of Disney this time.

http://www.bilmarbeachresort.com has a 3 bedroom suite that would accomodate 3 adults and 3 kids

ITA with this recommendation. We just stayed there for 3 nights before our WDW vacation & it was great! We had a beautiful view of the gulf, the beach is gorgeous & the rooms were updated & well decorated.

If you're on a budget, they Page Terrace right next door is also on the beach & also had suites at a much cheaper price. It's clean but not quite as updated as the Bilmar.

www.sunsetvistas.com

Stayed there last April with my kids and loved it. On the beach at the northern end of Treasure Island, about 1 mile (if that) south of St. John's Pass. Condo-type suites with full kitchen, living room, 2 bathrooms, washer & dryer. Would definitely go back.

Love this place. Not as crowded as Clearwater Beach but just right down the road. Have stayed there three years in a row.

Glenn

the sirata was a lot of fun, my fiance and i went there last month.

our view from the room:
Picture047.jpg

beautiful sunsets:
Picture087.jpg

Picture086.jpg

be sure to stop into the lobby lounge and try one of Linda's chocolate martini's!! they are amazing!!
Picture065.jpg

Don't stay at the TRADEWINDS......If you want upscale I would rate it maybe 2 1/2 or 3 stars tops.....NOT IMPRESSED!

We like the Hilton on Clearwater beach. If the Holiday Inn is in Indian Rocks Beach stay away from that. NOISEY.

I second the votes for the Marriott Suites or Sheraton on Sand Key. It's just south of Clearwater Beach (over a small bridge) so you're near the action but it's much quieter. I prefer the Marriott myself, but it is across the street from the beach - some people prefer to be right on the beach, in which case I'd pick the Sheraton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter