Clearwater > St. Pete Beach resturant / activities recommendations?

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Hard to locate info on this area. Wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for resturants or activities for these areas.
Thanks for your help, mky

Used to love going to Frenchy's (south beach was my favorite, but any will do) there.

Enjoy Clearwater!

I would definitely suggest doing a dolphin cruise in Clearwater. There are lots of different companies that do them and it's a fun (and reasonable - most are around $20 a person) way to spend a few hours. If you're a baseball fan, you could go see a Rays game at Tropicana Field in St. Pete's.

Any of the Frenchy's locations are classic Clearwater - we enjoyed the Rockaway location, right in the heart of the beach.

There are several dolphin boat tours. Some are more eco-friendly, some stay in the bay while others go out into the ocean, some stop at an island in the bay for shell hunting. Talk to the vendors - they are all right together in the Marina. There are also parasailing, speed boat and fishing tour vendors lined up there.

Where are you staying, and will you have a car?

I live in this area. The first thing that immediately came to mind when you mentioned beaches was the Columbia Restaurant. One of its handful of locations is next to Clearwater Beach and has water views. The Spanish/Cuban food is amazing. Definitely get the 1905 salad. One of the more recent times I went there I got the meatloaf variation of their Cuban sandwich and it was Heaven.

You absolutely must see the Dali museum in St Pete. I didn't think I'd like it but was blown away. Do a free tour so you can understand and appreciate what he accomplished with his paintings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter