Clear by reserve is it as easy as it seems

Yes the people in the clear line directed us down the way saying we were in the plus line. So we went farther down where she told us. That’s where the machine tries to verify you either by finger prints or by eyes. Each time it came up not a member. So we we’re directed to the regular security line
I went into clear by reserve and the page that came up said reserve a spot for free and just asked basic questions like where you were leaving from going to flight info and email and then pick a time.
Not sure what happened seems like it could be a good system. Wish I knew where we went wrong
I don't think you use the Clear machines. As I understand it, there should have been an entry to security labeled "Reserve". I think you kept looking for "Clear", which I agree is confusing.

Yes we kept going towards anything marked clear. Not thinking about reserve
So technically there’s clear. Clear plus and then reserve is that right
Hopefully they’ll still have the reserve going when we go next year.
And now we’ll know what to look for thanks for letting me know

This is strange I did a chat with the clear and took a screenshot and the agent said to go to where it said clear which we did and still got sent to the regular line
Yet on here people are saying there’s a reserve line
No wonder I was so confused
Next time we’ll know better

IIRC you're flying Southwest. Standing at the Disney store looking at the Hyatt. The lanes all the way to the left are Clear+Pre, Then Pre, Reserve by Clear I'm pretty sure is what is between the escalators that go up to the Hyatt right in the middle, then it's Clear+ Standard and finally Standard all the way on the right.

If you get Pre, I'd go with Pre over Reserve every time. Don't take shoes off, don't take anything out of your bag and go through the metal detector rather than the Nudie Scope. I've never spent more than 15 minutes in line at MCO with Pre.

Clear+ is what is $189 a year. Some people find value in it, I did not. You generally don't need ID and in some places you skip straight to the front of the security line with it.
🤣 🤣 🤣

thanks for the pic now for sure well know what to look for next time
we just thought you had to go through clear never giving reserve a thought

Yes the people in the clear line directed us down the way saying we were in the plus line.
I thought about this a little more today. I wonder if you said "Clear Reserve" and whoever directed you just heard "Clear". I think the branding needs work. Too much confusion between Clear, Clear Plus, and Clear Reserve.

Guessing it should look like this:thats from MCO' FB pageView attachment 830311
That's the picture on the other side of the airport at the other checkpoint. OP was going through the checkpoint that is used by Delta and SW under the Hyatt.
@Dznypal did you look between the escalators like I commented upthread?
I thought about this a little more today. I wonder if you said "Clear Reserve" and whoever directed you just heard "Clear". I think the branding needs work. Too much confusion between Clear, Clear Plus, and Clear Reserve.
Clear is not indicative of anything. Clear Plus is the program you pay for that uses the eye or finger scans. Clear Reserve is the appointment feature. Using Clear Reserve does not require a membership or biometrics being on file. Using Clear Plus does.

That's the picture on the other side of the airport at the other checkpoint. OP was going through the checkpoint that is used by Delta and SW under the Hyatt.
@Dznypal did you look between the escalators like I commented upthread?
Gotcha. Does the area on Delta/SW side have different color banners or otherwise different markings?
Clear is not indicative of anything. Clear Plus is the program you pay for that uses the eye or finger scans. Clear Reserve is the appointment feature. Using Clear Reserve does not require a membership or biometrics being on file. Using Clear Plus does.
I get "Clear" isn't anything official. But that doesn't mean people don't use the term. When someone says "where's the clear line", a follow up question needs to be "do you mean plus or reserve"? I think there was some confusion when OP asked for help. The branding (since both are under the Clear label) could be a little more clear (pun not intended).

Gotcha. Does the area on Delta/SW side have different color banners or otherwise different markings?

I get "Clear" isn't anything official. But that doesn't mean people don't use the term. When someone says "where's the clear line", a follow up question needs to be "do you mean plus or reserve"? I think there was some confusion when OP asked for help. The branding (since both are under the Clear label) could be a little more clear (pun not intended).
There are no colored signs that I saw when I went through that checkpoint two weeks ago. There is a Clear+ sign on the far left, but the lines at 0730 were extending way back past that. I used the Pre lane nearest the middle and there was a little sign in Black that just said CLEAR between the escalators to the Hyatt. Rude TSA agents don't make things any easier there either.

want to try Clear Reserve (the free one) in a few weeks. We have a 1:05PM departure on a Friday. Using Mears bus to get to the airport and will have bags to check on Southwest. I assume the bus will pick us up around 10:05, what time should I make the Clear "appointment" for?
Thank you

want to try Clear Reserve (the free one) in a few weeks. We have a 1:05PM departure on a Friday. Using Mears bus to get to the airport and will have bags to check on Southwest. I assume the bus will pick us up around 10:05, what time should I make the Clear "appointment" for?
Thank you
I would make it for 11. That allows some time in case you're the first pickup or there are some other issues. Worst case, you wait in the lobby (or go through the shops) before security for a little bit.

We just flew Southwest last Sunday. We were picked up at AllStar Sports at 3:30am. We had a 7:10 flight. We got to the airport and the SW luggage line was super long. I had made a Clear Reserve (for free) appt for 5:00 and we got to the line right at 5:00. The line was on the B side of the checkpoint which was the opposite side of the Clear + lines. I told the lady my name and she scanned my QR code from my email and verified that we had 5 in our party. We were then next in line for the officer that checks your ID and does the face scan. After that we went through the scanners. We got put in front of the regular TSA line which probably would have been a 45-hour wait.

Thank you

I would make it for 11. That allows some time in case you're the first pickup or there are some other issues. Worst case, you wait in the lobby (or go through the shops) before security for a little bit.
I would say no earlier than 11:30, but probably 12 would be my choice. If Mears is picking you up at 10, I would never expect to be the last one on the bus, but even if you are. It's a half hour drive to the airport which would put you downstairs at 10:30. Then you have to go up two levels and to the opposite side of the airport to check in with SW. I certainly wouldn't count on having all of that done in 30 minutes. It took me 30 minutes in line with SW in January. With Reserve, the security predictability is the biggest upside. You know you're not going to be in line for an hour for security. No need to be through security two hours before takeoff.

I would say no earlier than 11:30, but probably 12 would be my choice. If Mears is picking you up at 10, I would never expect to be the last one on the bus, but even if you are. It's a half hour drive to the airport which would put you downstairs at 10:30. Then you have to go up two levels and to the opposite side of the airport to check in with SW. I certainly wouldn't count on having all of that done in 30 minutes. It took me 30 minutes in line with SW in January. With Reserve, the security predictability is the biggest upside. You know you're not going to be in line for an hour for security. No need to be through security two hours before takeoff.
Good point. I forgot about checking bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter