• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Classmate Who Became Famous

Three different ones that went to my high school. First guy not so famous but at one time he did all the set designs on the Tonight Show while Johnny Carson was there. Then one girl couple of years ahead of me married Steve Bartkowski (Atlanta Falcons Qb) Then the guy that played Sam Braun on CSI Vegas and Herchell Greene on Walking dead. Oh and then one more that I actually graduated with a local sports guy here in Atlanta Sam Crenshaw.

The only person that I graduated with is Eric Wedge. Played for the Boston Red Soxs and Colorado Rockies, coached the Cleveland Indians and the Seattle Mariners. He is now on ESPN, not sure which show.

I went to school with someone who is now an Author. My sister and brother went to school with Ron Howard and my other sister with Paul Newmans daughter. Went to her birthday party one year.

My aunt worked for the father of one of the Doobie Brothers(I think he was a school superintendent or principal) and also with the mom of the first and ex wife of Bruce Jenner aka Kaitlin but he was Bruce then.

Three different ones that went to my high school. First guy not so famous but at one time he did all the set designs on the Tonight Show while Johnny Carson was there. Then one girl couple of years ahead of me married Steve Bartkowski (Atlanta Falcons Qb) Then the guy that played Sam Braun on CSI Vegas and Herchell Greene on Walking dead. Oh and then one more that I actually graduated with a local sports guy here in Atlanta Sam Crenshaw.
You know Herschel?!?!?!?! SWEET!

Ha! You must have taught my kids too! :teacher:
All my kids graduated from CHS and I worked there for 4 years.

So funny to read all of the posts about Concord High!! I graduated from there way back in 1985!

As far as I know, I have no famous classmates. But Christa McAuliffe (was going to be the first teacher in space..........sad) was my teacher.

She didn't go to my high school, but when I was in high school I lived 2 doors down from the writer Linda Howard. She's had several books on the bestseller list. I also worked at Domino's Pizza with her daughter.

I've also taught a relatively famous person. His name is Vincent Hancock, and he won the Olympic gold medal in skeet shooting in both the 2008 Beijing and 2012 London games.

None in my class. Jack Wagner (Melrose Place) was a few years older & went to the Catholic school across town. Rocky Sickmann (the only Iranian hostage who managed to get his diary back to the states) went to my HS, but graduated several years before me. Carrie Shayne (soap actress) went to my HS many years after I graduated. She came home for her wedding & did the traditional bar hop between the ceremony & reception. Nev Campbell was one of the bridesmaids and caused quite a stir in our little town. She was said to be perfectly lovely :)

Went to high school with an infamous girl. She's known now for her work in... adult entertainment.
We were in the same year in high school and were in the Junior Air Force ROTC program together. She was really extroverted and very nice. She was one of the popular girls, talked to everybody, was at the center of what was "happening." We conversed from time to time and went on the same field trips, but were never friends (I was an introvert and shy). She moved her senior year of high school though, so we did not technically graduate from the same school.

I think mine are stretching it a bit, but here you are...

Went to school (graduated) with BMX racer Chad Kagey. My bff and a number of other friends ran in the same circle. I graduated and played field hockey (possibly softball too) with Former/current (?) NFL player (last I heard he was with the 49ers) Jeff Garcia's sister. My health/drivers Ed teacher Bob Kampa played professional football for a team back east in the late 60s-early 70s.

Dh has a few people friends from school that have gone on to find notoriety. One of his bff's is James Cameron's lead underwater cinematographers. Another of his bff's played background percussion for both Seal and Sting. Another friend from the same social circle went on to do a lot of modeling (including hired comic con appearances). He recently learned that a classmates death was featured in America's Most Wanted in an attempt to catch the killer.

Last edited:
I went to high school with 3 men who went on to have short careers in professional sports. 2 NFL, 1 NHL. I won't name names because I don't like to give that sort of identifying info online, but to be honest, probably you wouldn't recognize the names anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter