Class A's (blue)

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Anyone know a good place to find info. DH was issued greens back during BCT. Now they are moving to blue. DH says they have to purchase the blues if they want them. Was reading one article that sounded like they could still wear the green until 2014. But I'm sure if there is an event in which they would need to wear Class A's they would want them to be uniform (same color).

Not finding much info out there on this.

Thanks!
Cristy

You can buy them at any clothing and sales. Ask your husband if he thinks he will USE them before the deployment. The only reason I'm saying this is that they are not cheap. My husband's set when all said and done with the new medals and alterations was over $600.

If he doesn't think he will use them before he deploys, then I would wait until he is back and take some of the deployment money so it doesn't give your pocketbook a big hit.

You can buy them at any clothing and sales. Ask your husband if he thinks he will USE them before the deployment. The only reason I'm saying this is that they are not cheap. My husband's set when all said and done with the new medals and alterations was over $600.

If he doesn't think he will use them before he deploys, then I would wait until he is back and take some of the deployment money so it doesn't give your pocketbook a big hit.

That's what we are thinking. Their unit has not been told they have to wear the blues and I'm thinking I read somewhere that green uniform was acceptable until sometime in 2014. He has not had on the Class A's since AIT.

That's what we are thinking. Their unit has not been told they have to wear the blues and I'm thinking I read somewhere that green uniform was acceptable until sometime in 2014. He has not had on the Class A's since AIT.

Well at some point, I imagine he'll have to go to WLC(used to be PLDC for us old army people;)) he will need his greens while there. Congrats on the promotion by the way! I'm sure your husband is very proud to be a NCO.

Only other thing I can tell you is that you do not need to buy them for your husband. He needs to try on alot of sizes and pick out all the stuff for it. It's his responsibility not yours. You just cringe when you find out how much it all costs and will only be worn maybe once a year.:rolleyes1

Yes like Tina said...NOT cheap. We got them when they first came out for DH to wear at our wedding. But the sizes run different so I dont think going to get them without him would be a good idea.

I would keep the old greens until the wear out date-at that point they should be issued the new ASU. We will have to have them before then unforunately-the uniform-with out ribbons, service strips and insignia is $425.00. And honestly-as an E-5 in guard-he will never have occassion to wear them-they seriously wear dress uniforms ( greens) for show down inspections and with a bow tie for formals-and unless your unit does a formal-in our state only field grades and senior NCOs get invited to most of the formal occassions. Snake wears his blues about 6 times a year-for the Governors Ball, the St Barbara's Day dining in, the State Senior Leaders dining in and two 4th ID events that we attend because i work for 4 ID-and he could wear civilians to that-he just won't . We will purchase ASU when we absolutely must -meaning when he can no longer wear dress blues but we havent hit wear out on the greens yet.

My husband just bought new dress blues (or whatever they are called now) this past week. He needed them for a ball. He had the old set that he had worn for 11 years, so I guess it was time. He bought the new set on post at Clothing Sales.

I am not sure how much longer they are able to wear the green Class A's... I just know that they are going away and they will soon wear blues for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter