• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CL Poly vs. CL WL

osugal

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at CL at both of these resorts? If so is there a big difference? The Poly seems to be a good bit more and I was wondering if it's that much nicer. We've only stayed at the Beach Club Resort and absolutely loved it. But, the Club room was a little congested and we were wanting to try a MK resort next time. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I've stayed at the WL (but not CL) and the Poly CL, and the Yacht Club. The rooms at the WL are significantly smaller than the Yacht Club, and the rooms at the Poly are even bigger than the YC (but not by much). I remember feeling really tight at the WL, and we only had a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old at the time.
The Poly CL was just amazing, and worth every penny for me. Hope this helps!

We have stayed at both resort but not club level. Between the two I would choose Poly. While they both are in the MK resort area, the Poly has the monerail which will give you easy access to both MK and Epcot (you can walk to the TTC from the Poly so you don't have to switch monerails). The rooms at the Poly are also bigger.

I have stayed in BOTH the Poly and the WL CL rooms. WL rooms are smaller. I believe my WL room was on the 7th floor, as was the lounge. Poly rooms are in a separate building with key access. Rooms are much larger than WL.

The lounge at the Poly was nicer and larger. In fact, it's 2 stories! Food offerings were more plentiful. CM's in both CL locations were helpful and cheerful. If money were no object, I'd always stay Poly CL. However, the WL CL is still a nice choice.

We’ve stayed at the Contemporary CL, Universal’s Loews Portofino BayCL, and then this December we split 9 nights between BC CL and Poly CL. I must say out of all of those the Poly wins hands down. If money isn’t an obstacle and you can splurge, I’d definitely select the Poly CL with the Contemporary CL as a close second. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the Club Room than you definitely want the Poly. The view while sitting in the club watching the fireworks at MK are absolutely phenomenal. We sipped our glasses of wine while mingling with other guests, in the meantime the kids ate dessert and watched TV. Today we booked a summer trip to the Swan because we have 5 nights free. I’m planning to tack on a night or two at AKL or WL Club so that we can compare the experience. You’ll be amazed at the difference between the BC CL and the Poly CL. The BC service was very personalized but the atmosphere and actual club room was disappointing. I wish I could afford the Poly CL every time!

I have stayed club level at both and do not think the Poly is worth all that extra money.

Here are a few pros and cons of both

Poly rooms are bigger
WL rooms are scheduled to be renovated this spring so they will be new
WL concierge staff has been my favorite of all the clubs and I have stayed at (GF, BWI, WL, Poly and AKL)
Poly food is Asian/Oriental/Hawaiin themed, WL food is Pacific NW themed.
Poly lounge is larger inside, but the WL lounge seating goes almost all the way around the top floor of the Lobby of the WL and it is a magnificient view.
Poly theme park view is even more expensive. WL you can request a woods view room that overlooks the Magic Kingdom and for no extra $ can see the fireworks and castle.

I think the food at both was about the same quantity. On my last trip (Mar 2012) to WL CL they had, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Buffalo Chili, Chicken Skewers, Chile Lime Wings, Salmon Chowder, Beef Stew and all of it was delicious.

If you have specific questions I would be happy to answer.

We have stayed at both resort at CL level. The PR CL is far nicer. WL CL was an afterthought and it wasn't until recent years did they pull the serving line out of the hallway. Seating remains in the hallway. PR is actually a lounge and it all the years of experience provides greater variety of offerings, availability and attention to detail. It remains open to obtain beverages throughout a day.

Can anyone tell me if the poly has a fridge and if so would it be large enough to store a cake?
30th wedding anniversary in July and was planing on getting a Disney cake and there would be left overs need a place to store for a few days.
Thanks in advance.

I think that what each family likes is very individual. But our favorite CL is as follows:

Poly
YC
WL
BC
BW

We have not yet tried Cont or GF.

Poly is first because:
Best lounge location with views of FW
Great food
Excellent CM

But when we can't afford it or want a different experience, we wouldn't hesitate to go to WL CL. That is also very good.

Kate :wave:

I am going to bump this up to see if I can get any more responses to this question! I thought I had decided on WL CL (deluxe room). We really like to have elbow room & the standard WL room just isn't big enough. It is about the same money to stay Poly CL Garden View - slightly cheaper than deluxe room at WL. It seems I book poly every trip, but end up pulling the plug for some reason at the last minute. Maybe it is the age of the poly that I don't like? decisions dcisions!

We've stayed CL at AKL, BC, YC, GF, and Poly. Haven't tried WL (yet).

The Poly CL is nice because the rooms are all very spacious, the lounge is spacious, and the food is plentiful. Also, the view from the Poly lounge is lovely. Your room is never far away from the lounge, since you are put in the Hawaii bldg. Another plus is that it's right next to both pools -- so you can pop in from the pool to grab a drink or a snack -- something that's hard to do at most lounges since they are so far away from the pools.

We were nervous the first time we tried the Poly -- it seemed that people were either huge Poly fans or hated the place and called it icky and dated. We really did enjoy our stays there -- but also enjoy lots of other WDW resorts.

WL looks very nice, too, and is less $$$. But if your deluxe room is the same price as a Poly room, then I would lean towards the Poly. We like to go to Epcot, and the Poly is a more convenient location for that. If WL is significantly less $$$ I would probably stay there (IMO the monorail hotels are too pricey).

Good luck with your decision!

Has anyone stayed at CL at both of these resorts? If so is there a big difference? The Poly seems to be a good bit more and I was wondering if it's that much nicer. We've only stayed at the Beach Club Resort and absolutely loved it. But, the Club room was a little congested and we were wanting to try a MK resort next time. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I have my recent WL/CL review posted HERE and I also have more WL/CL information and photos on the first page of the WL thread HERE.

One minor difference between the lounges is that beer (and all chilled beverages) are kept in a fridge at WL so you don't have to ask for it like you do at the Poly.

The lounge, STD rooms and the concierges are all located on one floor (7th) at WL. But, if you book a Deluxe room (there are 25) they will be located on floors 1-6.

Though WL rooms are smaller than the monorail and Epcot resorts, we've never found them to be an issue. They are very comfortable with plenty of drawer space, lighting, a table and chairs and two sinks in every room which are separate from the toilet/shower.

Also, there is both a boat and a non-stop bus to the MK from WL.

The staff and management at WL/CL are wonderful. The lounge has plenty of seating and the views down to the lobby and out to Bay Lake are gorgeous.

In the Hawaii building, only the 3rd floor rooms have balconies while all the 7th floor rooms at the Old Faithful Club have balconies.

WL has just begun a full room rehab, as PamelaKay mentioned. All CL rooms will be completed July 27th.

All the WL/CL views are priced the same and they can be of Bay Lake and the WL courtyard/geyser or they can be a woods view with partial Wishes and pond view or they can be of the Villas courtyard.

I hope you have a great vacation no matter where you decide to stay.

I've stayed at the WL (but not CL) and the Poly CL, and the Yacht Club. The rooms at the WL are significantly smaller than the Yacht Club, and the rooms at the Poly are even bigger than the YC (but not by much). I remember feeling really tight at the WL, and we only had a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old at the time.
The Poly CL was just amazing, and worth every penny for me. Hope this helps!

I have to agree with you on this. The Wl rooms were way too small for us. I'm glad you enjoyed the Poly. We have stayed there many times, but this is our first Club level stay.

We've stayed at both and we love them both for different reasons. With that said, the Poly has a slight edge for us as the rooms are quite a bit larger and all rooms come with a daybed. We have not tried CL at the Poly, but we loved CL at the WL. The CMs were great, the food offerings were plentiful, and I love how the seating goes around the 7th floor in a U shape overlooking the beautiful lobby. The WL rooms are of average size, but we didn't find them to be bad at all and there are 4 of us. We love being on the monorail at the Poly, but we also love taking the boat from the WL. We found the rooms at the BC to be just slightly larger than the WL, with the Poly being alot bigger than both of them. Good luck deciding, but you really can't go wrong with either resort as they are both great places to stay.

I have stayed in BOTH the Poly and the WL CL rooms. WL rooms are smaller. I believe my WL room was on the 7th floor, as was the lounge. Poly rooms are in a separate building with key access. Rooms are much larger than WL.

The lounge at the Poly was nicer and larger. In fact, it's 2 stories! Food offerings were more plentiful. CM's in both CL locations were helpful and cheerful. If money were no object, I'd always stay Poly CL. However, the WL CL is still a nice choice.

Actually the lounge at the Poly CL isn't two stories but it's larger with a seating area right in the lounge. WL's CL has seating along the hallways on the 7th floor which is accessible only to CL guests. You would be overlooking the lobby when seated. Some people really prefer the eat-in lounge which in the Hawaii building overlooks the MK, so you can see the evening fireworks either from the lounge or by stepping directly outside to the beach.

Indeed the Poly rooms are much larger. When we stayed CL in Dec. 2010 though our room was in a state of disrepair and the hallway carpet was filthy. A crushed cookie stayed on the floor directly in front of the elevator to the lounge for 2 days, while housekeeping stood by chatting with each other right there. I was not impressed, but this was over a year ago.

I really liked the food offerings better at WL also but it is a smaller area and the rooms are small- the same size I think as a mod resort.

Thanks!
We have stayed at CL at ALL THREE of these resorts and will say if you found BC to be congested, then realize at the WL you dine in the hallway. Only the food was moved into a room area. CL at WL was an after thought. We would select PR CL over WL CL. Actual lounge, view of Seven Seas and MK, Wishes at night. Open for drinks all the time. WL closes. Food attendant keeps the line stocked. WL can't make that claim. I would note we preferred (liked) BC CL (lounge) over WL CL no lounge with greater service and attention provided at BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter