City Walk vs. Pleasure Island--what's your opinion?

gumdrop

<font color=FF66FF>Believes in Magic!<br><font col
Hi everyone! I was wondering what you all thought about City Walk compared to Pleasure Island. While my boyfriend and I do enjoy PI at Disney, we are looking for some new nightlife and we were thinking of trying City Walk as an alternative. What do you like/dislike about the two? I really don't know much about City Walk, so feel free to tell me all that you can. Thanks so much for the help!

City Walk is great!! I liked it even more than PI. :) They have lots of night clubs, and great restaurants!

I'm sorry, but I think both the clubs at City Walk AND Pleasure Island are really cheesy IMO. I guess its too much of a touristy thing for me.

Hi Quentin Disney!!
I know what you mean about the clubs. We felt that way at Pleasure Island, so we were hoping for something different at City Walk. It was fun to walk around, and except for the jazz club, there really wasn't anything of interest to us at PI. Most of the clubs felt like we were in a junior high school dance! Oh well! But maybe we'll check out City Walk anyway for a change of scenery.

Our twenty somethings love City Walk...we love it as well..the clubs don't feel touristy like they do at PI...great music, good people...a lot of locals....also a lot of great food. Another great thing, kids are not allowed in these clubs...very nice!

I agree with what everyone said.

My rule of thumb is:

Over 21, CityWalk.

Under 21, Pleasure Island.

The BEST thing at PI is the Adventurer's Club... good bawdy humor, tasty drinks, and NO SMOKING!!!

Haven't yet been to City Walk, but plan to check it out in January.

Oh yeah, the Adventurers Club and Comedy Wharehouse are probably the only good things in PI. Every thing else is cheesy, especially that "New Years Eve" junk. Most college kids my age like to go to all the clubs in downtown Orlando, However, I rarely go out to clubs since I'm "socially awkward". Enough with the personal rant, there is really no good late night stuff to do in Orlando...but seeing a movie, pin trading at DTD (IMO) or play games at XS (on International Drive).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter