City Walk Recommendations

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
Hope everyone is staying safe! And as always thank you for your help so far!

So as this is our first time staying on Universal Property, we are going to have more time to spend at City Walk! We usually just walk around the stores, but we have only eaten there once and it was at the pub (not finnegans its something else) near Bob Marley's-I think we got fries from Burger King once too.
But now that we have time we want to eat somewhere awesome! We know about Toothsome and have been recommended BigFire, but do any of you have any favorites? Any not well known places on City Walk we should try?

Thank you!

BroadwayHermione5 :)

My kids like Toothsome...my husband and I both like the atmosphere but unimpressed with the food every time. We both really liked BigFire and Cowfish. We also really enjoy Margaritaville, never had a bad meal there.

We love Antojito's - the tableside guac is a must for us every trip. We also like NBC Sports Grill & Brew, and will stop at Voodoo after. These are the ones we lean towards every trip.

Toothsome is fun, especially if you save room for desserts. Interesting atmosphere and food is decent.

We've had Cowfish a few times and have been unlucky with our tables which has diminished the experience for me. The food there has been decent - DH likes the sushi so if you are sushi eaters, its good for that. I always opt for the burgers and its just ok.

We had dinner at Vivo once and we enjoyed it. Only had drinks at Big Fire, but its a really nice atmosphere. DH loves the drinks at Bubba Gump and I love the drinks at Margaritaville, but with both being chains we have not far from where we live, we never opt to eat there save for maybe an appetizer. But our experiences at both have always been good.

We've had Red Oven once and really liked it, but I never find myself in a position to eat quick service while at City Walk. For lunch, we typically eat QS in the parks. For dinner, I'm typically wanting a good TS at City Walk. So timing is never right for us to have Red Oven again.

They aren't doing it tableside anymore.
Is that a recent change? Its still called tableside guac on the menu, and they made it tableside when we were there in October, which was during the pandemic. I know they have a standard guac that is cheaper that can be ordered, and that is brought out from the kitchen, but the tableside one was customizable and more expensive.

Is that a recent change? Its still called tableside guac on the menu, and they made it tableside when we were there in October, which was during the pandemic. I know they have a standard guac that is cheaper that can be ordered, and that is brought out from the kitchen, but the tableside one was customizable and more expensive.

I got that from a youtube review. I was only watching ones from this year. So, there might have been a change, or maybe the person was confused.

They were still doing tableside guac 3 weeks ago.

I got that from a youtube review. I was only watching ones from this year. So, there might have been a change, or maybe the person was confused.
Gotcha, I'll have to keep an eye out for other reports. I hope they didn't do away with it for good - really unique feature, and some of the best guac I've had!

Hi all!
Hope everyone is staying safe! And as always thank you for your help so far!

So as this is our first time staying on Universal Property, we are going to have more time to spend at City Walk! We usually just walk around the stores, but we have only eaten there once and it was at the pub (not finnegans its something else) near Bob Marley's-I think we got fries from Burger King once too.
But now that we have time we want to eat somewhere awesome! We know about Toothsome and have been recommended BigFire, but do any of you have any favorites? Any not well known places on City Walk we should try?

Thank you!

BroadwayHermione5 :)
This isn't anything that hasn't already been said, but I want to double down on Bigfire as a table service place and Breadbox Sandwich as a quick service place.

Thank you all! We have heard nothing but amazing things about BigFire so i wouldn't be shocked if we eat there but we do like having options!

We love Red Oven. Good pizza and, IMO, the best deal on property.

We also enjoy Cowfish, Vivo, and NBC Grille. We wanted to try Bigfire, but, other than the Brussels sprouts appetizer, nothing stood out to us on their menu.

Also a fan of Cowfish. Toothsome is decent for food, but found the desserts/sweets more impressive. We ate at Margaritaville on Friday night and there was live music out on the patio, which was awesome! Food is decent enough, but ambience was very enjoyable.

Wherever you decide make sure you make reservations well in advance. I was there last week and most citywalk restaurants were not taking walkups and reservations for dinner timeslots were booked solid fir a few weeks out.

Wherever you decide make sure you make reservations well in advance. I was there last week and most citywalk restaurants were not taking walkups and reservations for dinner timeslots were booked solid fir a few weeks out.

Yes! Agreed. We were there last week, as well as in mid November and early August. It may have been different pre-pandemic, but you really need a reservation now at City Walk or you will be turned away. Not saying there isn't some flexibility day of (we made plenty of day of or day before reservations as our plans changed) but you cannot just walk up to a restaurant right now. I fear people are giving advice from their experiences prior to the pandemic and it is just not that situation right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter