Citricos or Narcoosees?

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We’ve never been to either of these restaurants and have to choose between them since we’re already going to CG and three signatures will break the bank. If you had to choose, which one would it be, Citricos or Narcoosees, and why?

TIA!

Just my opinion:

Narcoosee's over Citricos any day. But then, I'd choose Rainforest Cafe over Citricos. Loathe, detest and otherwise abhor Citricos. Worst service I've ever had anywhere on the planet was there. Food wasn't anything special either.

Narcoosees on the other hand has always been excellent in both foods and service.

Steve

In the past, I would say Narcoossees. Great view of the fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant.
Was not impressed with Citricos.
However, the restaurant has been rethemed, with a new menu. The new reviews have been much better, but not great.
I'd go by which menu looks best to you.

I will be in the minority here, but we have actually had better food and like the atmosphere better at the Grand Floridian Cafe. While not a fireworks view, the window seats are very nice. I enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, the wife loved the French Onion soup and we both had a good NY strip. Service was great as well. Would help some with the budget as well. Just a thought.

IMO, Narcoossees has fallen from grace over the past five or six years. It used to be one of my favorites at WDW, but it's no longer in my top 10. We have better steaks and meals and service at the Grand Floridian Cafe nowadays. But for your options, personally I would try out the new Citricos offerings. Even before the Mary Poppins re-theming, I would still take Citricos over Narcoossees for food. But the ambiance and location of Narcoossees is great.

I will be in the minority here, but we have actually had better food and like the atmosphere better at the Grand Floridian Cafe. While not a fireworks view, the window seats are very nice. I enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, the wife loved the French Onion soup and we both had a good NY strip. Service was great as well. Would help some with the budget as well. Just a thought.
Exactly our feeling :) You are not alone.

Is there anyplace at the GF that one can go to see the fireworks after dining at GFC? We loved Narcoosee's and the view, but the menu doesn't inspire me and the prices are ridiculous!

Is there anyplace at the GF that one can go to see the fireworks after dining at GFC? We loved Narcoosee's and the view, but the menu doesn't inspire me and the prices are ridiculous!
The GF marina is a gathering place for firework watching near Gasparilla. Not a full view but still nice. Perhaps also by the jitney dock as well.

As a local who dines at Disney Sig's fairly often, I would say that the food quality at Narcoosee's has remained very, very good, while the service (even pre-pandemic) seems to have fallen off, with the menu becoming somewhat stale. Citrico's has been excellent, though we have not been since the re-imagining. To echo a poster above, the food and service at GF Cafe is quite good!

Is there anyplace at the GF that one can go to see the fireworks after dining at GFC?
The GF marina is a gathering place for firework watching near Gasparilla.

We've watched from the boat dock several times.

Thanks for your input everyone! We’ve decided to scrap both GF sigs and try Topolinos instead. The terrace is a big draw for us now since the fireworks are back and we also want to check out Riviera. We love the GFC and will likely go there for breakfast during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter